NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Thats pretty bull, I know people who own the game and it runs fine on 60hz and you don't need a HDTV. The game is totally region free, in terms of language and TV standards so they could ship to all 3 regions super fast.

I aint sure if it is free of tv standards, as of course the US version will have no 50 HZ support but the European one may have. Anyway as jordan said you dont need an HDTV to have to get 60 hz, most tv's nowadays can display it.

I aint sure if it is free of tv standards, as of course the US version will have no 50 HZ support but the European one may have. Anyway as jordan said you dont need an HDTV to have to get 60 hz, most tv's nowadays can display it.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up ;)

Hopefully it'll be out in a couple of weeks and i can buy it.

oh btw can someone please answer this, im going for DOA4 at 5 but the guy in the shop whos selling the NTSC versions Region free of course are saying they dot work unless u have a HD-TV is this true? Owen,mfergy etc is it ok on your standard T.V's? at 50hz?

cheers ya'all.

Av just got a shitty portable like m8 and it works fine m8 no problems

If I remember correctly Metroid prime 2 was one of the first games in Europe to feature no 50 hz support. I believe this is a trend we will see more of as developers will care about bigger things than whether your 6 year old portable can play it, as basically evey tv nowadays is manufactured to support 60. Its something which is really made very clear liek alot of things regarding tv's, such as ntsc compatibility - but that is for another day.

I had to change my tv to 60hz and DOA4 worked fine! Also works on HDTV's fine as well, so i've heard!

Didn't get my TV from Argos again, i HATE them now. Had to re-order and won't get it till tuesday, which i doubt. Will NEVER use them again, they actually lied to my mother in the morning stating it was actually on the delivery van! It's in Hartfordshire now.... :nono:

Anyone know anyother good HDTV's other then the Samsungs around the £700-£750 price mark? The Samsungs are stupidly hard to get hold off and i don't think i'm going to have any luck with Argos. I want the TV to have HDMI and it must be a HD LCD.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I had to change my tv to 60hz and DOA4 worked fine! Also works on HDTV's fine as well, so i've heard!

Didn't get my TV from Argos again, i HATE them now. Had to re-order and won't get it till tuesday, which i doubt. Will NEVER use them again, they actually lied to my mother in the morning stating it was actually on the delivery van! It's in Hartfordshire now.... :nono:

Anyone know anyother good HDTV's other then the Samsungs around the £700-£750 price mark? The Samsungs are stupidly hard to get hold off and i don't think i'm going to have any luck with Argos. I want the TV to have HDMI and it must be a HD LCD.

The samsung is a decent TV but its analogue picture quality compared to other similarly speced tv's is shockingly bad. You can get hold of the Sony KDLS26A12U for just over £800, its the cheaper of the sony's but has a much better analogue picture. Youc ould also get the Panasonic TX26LXD52 for £800 which is also the cheaper of the two panasonics but again its up there with the sony. According to the website it doesn't have an HDMI input but someone I know says it does

Sony KDLS26A12U

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~SON-KDLS26A12U~dt~Televisions~st~LCD+TV~make~Sony.htm

Panasonic TX26LXD52

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PAN-TX26LXD52~dt~Televisions~st~LCD+TV~make~Panasonic.htm

You will probably find these TV's cheaper if you run them through pricerunner.

Head to dabs/misco and find the 26" HD-ready Acer TV. It's what I use, and it's beautiful. Only £530, too.

Head to dabs/misco and find the 26" HD-ready Acer TV. It's what I use, and it's beautiful. Only £530, too.

Thanks, i will now! :) Has the Acer got the coloured pins where you plug in the HD cable you got with the Premium Xbox360 pack? The Blue, Green, Red etc...

Your using it with the 360 right? Has it got HDMI?

and thanks Jonst but i can't really go to £800, i would love to get a Sony one though! :hehe:

Thanks, i will now! :)

and thanks Jonst but i can't really go to £800, i would love to get a Sony one though! :hehe:

Fair enough but is it really worth waiting for £50 odd more for a far superior TV

Fair enough but is it really worth waiting for £50 odd more for a far superior TV

You have a point. If i have any trouble getting hold of the Samsung, and if i decide not to get the Acer (which is a SUPERB price) then the Sony one will be my last resort.

I never wanted to spend more then £500 in the first place, but i seem to be going higher and higher! I must keep to a strict limit! :D

I'd certainly get the Panasonic over the Sony, but then they're both better than the Samsung. With the Panasonic being slightly cheaper it really is an excellent buy.

I'd certainly get the Panasonic over the Sony' date=' but then they're both better than the Samsung. With the Panasonic being slightly cheaper it really is an excellent buy.[/quote']

You almost sound as if you work for Panasonic :p

Who me?! With TV's that good I'd certainly like to! Seriously though, the Panasonic 52's are brilliant TV's. Only really bettered by their 500 series.

I run a Samsung 32 inch HD LCD with built in freeview and have nothing but praise for it. Analogue signals look absolute trash regardless of the televison brand, and will look trash unless you have a SUPER ANTENNA outside your window (I have my own antenna, win).

I run a Samsung 32 inch HD LCD with built in freeview and have nothing but praise for it. Analogue signals look absolute trash regardless of the televison brand, and will look trash unless you have a SUPER ANTENNA outside your window (I have my own antenna, win).

There still good tV's don't get me wrong but comapred to the Panasonic's and the Sony's they are rather ropey.

There still good tV's don't get me wrong but comapred to the Panasonic's and the Sony's they are rather ropey.

Oh please, Sony's TV's have been going down hill for years. Panasonic, Philips and Samsung are the only ones you wanna look into.

Oh please, Sony's TV's have been going down hill for years. Panasonic, Philips and Samsung are the only ones you wanna look into.

Out of all the 26 inch models made, the sony tv's are definantly one of the best. The samsung one sint in the same league.

The acer one doesn't have the component input - you'll need a VGA cable. It looks great, though, and is still the cheapest option for HD gaming I found.

You could always buy a widescreen monitor, that would be the cheapest option.

Only two diff people on my friends list of about 20 have been on LIVE today

whats going ooonnn?

Oh im sorta allmost on my way to completing Kameo, wohay!

Only two diff people on my friends list of about 20 have been on LIVE today

whats going ooonnn?

Oh im sorta allmost on my way to completing Kameo, wohay!

I haven't been on live in weeks.

I haven't been on live in weeks.
So that's why my friend request hasn't been accepted. I thought you didn't want to be my friend. :sad:

Anyway, i've been on today. Played some Kong, PGR3 and Geometry Wars (on which I got the half million medal, hoo-rah).

i go on live everyday, even wen not playing, my 360 is always live, im always up for a chat while im playin a game thats not on live if anyone gets bored lol.

got owned by Rokhed on DOA, my mate nearly had him off though

So that's why my friend request hasn't been accepted. I thought you didn't want to be my friend. :sad:

Anyway, i've been on today. Played some Kong, PGR3 and Geometry Wars (on which I got the half million medal, hoo-rah).

I feel bad now :weep:

My live trial thing also ran out, so I need to get hold of a subscription

I think I can still get on live with silver to accpet requests, i'll do it now.