N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I've heard issues of ghosting with the Joytech cables. I have a Joytech component lead, and on the 7thingy setting there is a slight ghostly hue to the image that annoys me. On 1080i there's no problem though, so I use that.

I think ghosting occurs due to the cable, as a third party one will never be quite as good as the official. I was lucky to find a third party one, so I'm happy.

Owen, on a Samsung note - all the sets are brilliant from what I've seen. The image on games is stunning, especially the Xbox 360, and you're not going to be unhappy with what you get here. Only issue with mine is RGB 60hz on GameCube, which looks a bit cack (possibly due to my broken cable?). I have the 32 inch Samsung with freeview and I'm just so damned pleased with it.

Superb set.

[EDIT]

I'm referring to Ghosting as a slight double image. I'm aware ghosting can also mean blurring, like car lights in EA games. But I have no problems with that either, so it's a green light on television raceway.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, also would it be best to use a VGA cable or is the HD cable which comes with your Xbox360 better, in your opinion? I didn't even know about the VGA cable before Meik mentioned it, can the 23'' Samsung use this?

The 'response time' of the tv is important as well isn't it? One Samsung 23'' i saw had a response time of <12ms is that good?

I'm SO SO confused! I know i have to set the tv/xbox360 at 720p to get the best pic, i don't know which cable is best to use, although the VGA is sold out everywhere isn't it?

Meik was that you who posted a pic of there Samsung earlier in this thread or someone else?

I don't want to spend £500 and not notice any difference in picture, it's pretty worrying! I don't want to be dissapointed.

:)

I posted the picture of the 26" Samsung, yes. Here it is again:

360pc5fx.th.jpg

As far as i'm aware the 23/26/32 TVs are all the same apart from the size. I've had mine for a month now and I honestly couldn't be more pleased with it, the picture is amazing. You'll be fine using the component cable that comes with the premium pack. Response time is fine, there is no ghosting.

I give it 2 thumbs up, though if you're willing to spend £500 on the 23" i'd suggest you get the 26", you can find it for 570-600 online.

Thanks for all your helpful feedback guys! I'm definately going with the Samsung one!

Although it will have to be the 23'' i reckon, purely because i'm already short for money and the extra cash to buy the 26'' can help go towards all the 360 games i want which are supposadely out in March!

I'll see. :D

Holy fuck... PGR3 is so awesome. I'm off to buy it tomorrow!

He always changes his tune, and he's a bit of a loon. He downloads for free, because he's a little cheapy. He wanks in a jar, we said he's going too far. He's a techno whore, always thirsty for more. And his sister is hot, although he'll tell you she's not.

Jordan, with the long surname. He's Jordan, just a bit lame. He's Jordan, a torrenting shit. He's Jordan, desperate for a bit. He's Jordan, the little torrenting gay, if it's out now in the US it's downloading away.

AWW YEAAH.

Right, also would it be best to use a VGA cable or is the HD cable which comes with your Xbox360 better, in your opinion? I didn't even know about the VGA cable before Meik mentioned it, can the 23'' Samsung use this?

The 'response time' of the tv is important as well isn't it? One Samsung 23'' i saw had a response time of <12ms is that good?

I'm SO SO confused! I know i have to set the tv/xbox360 at 720p to get the best pic, i don't know which cable is best to use, although the VGA is sold out everywhere isn't it?

Meik was that you who posted a pic of there Samsung earlier in this thread or someone else?

I don't want to spend £500 and not notice any difference in picture, it's pretty worrying! I don't want to be dissapointed.

:)

You're best using the component (? or composite - I can't remember) cable that came with the 360. The 360 VGA cable supposedly makes all the colours look washed out. It's pretty much not recommended.

He always changes his tune, and he's a bit of a loon. He downloads for free, because he's a little cheapy. He wanks in a jar, we said he's going too far. He's a techno whore, always thirsty for more. And his sister is hot, although he'll tell you she's not.

Jordan, with the long surname. He's Jordan, just a bit lame. He's Jordan, a torrenting shit. He's Jordan, desperate for a bit. He's Jordan, the little torrenting gay, if it's out now in the US it's downloading away.

AWW YEAAH.

Lovely song Guy :)

Pretty much all true :p

I really love Dead Or Alive 4, but i'm rubbish at it!

Sometimes you can't get a look in, as the computer doesn't stop kicking,punching, jumping etc..

Anyone know some quick tips? I know countering seems important (thats blocking your opponents move and then letting your character use it as a advantage).

Dead or Alive 4 is gonna look absolutely fantastic on a HD LCD, it already looks stunning on my 32'' old phillips tv! I love the dinosaur and safari levels!

My fav character is the wrestling woman at the mo with a mask on, but she seems to be losing her touch to later tougher characters!

:D

Oh and is it worth getting RR6 then? I have PGR3 and love it, but i don't really want my dad to waste £50 (it's gonna be a birthday game) on it, if it's worst then that!

Ridge Racer 6 is a really fun racer and plays nothing like PGR3 at all. It's a very very arcade racing experience and that's what makes the game so damn fun. If you have ever played Ridge Racer Type 4 or Rider Racers on the psp then you know what you can expect from 6. If there is a minor problem with Ridge Racer 6, it's that the first cars you get feel quite slow but as soon as you get further and pick up the faster cars the game speeds up.

Just a random note of experience here. I was playing RR6 one day and decided to put in PGR3, WOW was i shocked to find out that PGR3 didn't seem as smooth as it used to, it feel jaggery and frame skipping. I guess that what happens when you play a game at 60FPS and then move to one that is running at 30FPS.

Well i love Ridge Racer on the PSP, but i think it may of been even more because of the superb graphics etc.. and i was playing on a handheld, not sure how it would feel on a console!

Dead Or Alive 4 is HARD......actually HARD may be a understatement. However it has a addictive thing to it, that you say 'one more go' all the time....

:grin:

I just played the PGR3 demo and allthough I really don't get along well with car racers I thought it was great. I wouldn't buy it but the controls are great and graphics are pretty good.

I'm on the last boss of Kameo

(Thorn)and I think its pretty hard, I attacked him tell the bar was about 1/3 down and then I couldn't damage him anymore when he started jumping around.

Hmm.. I'll have another go later. (don't tell me how to do it).