NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Noobs buy core, casual noobs. I mean still yeah the Wii will probably shoot ahead some more, but this has gotta help sales a little bit, 'specially with Halo 3 round the corner.

Halo3 is not a casual game.

It wont help sales of core imho.

The wii is too well marketed for the casual market, the 360 isnt.

I cant even remember when i last saw an ad for the 360, well as the wii is everywhere.

I cant even remember when i last saw an ad for the 360, well as the wii is everywhere.

dear god hes right!

i haven't seen a 360 advert on tv since early 2006, i think it was the one where all the small 360 games came together to form the console.

I think i remember seeing the GoW ad sometime and i'll be expecting to see ads for Halo 3 when its released.

Also the skate. demo is out in less than 24 hours! W00T!!

A couple of home truths:

1. Halo 3 would probably sell bucketloads if it was just a piece of paper with "3" scrawled on it and retailed for the price of a block of nazi gold.

2. Nobody buys core. Not ever.

Looks like i'll finally be picking up a premium next week if I have the cash.

dear god hes right!

i haven't seen a 360 advert on tv since early 2006, i think it was the one where all the small 360 games came together to form the console.

I think i remember seeing the GoW ad sometime and i'll be expecting to see ads for Halo 3 when its released.

Also the skate. demo is out in less than 24 hours! W00T!!

I doubt i will have the ability to sleep tonight due to excitement XD

Why are first time buyers getting a Premium when you can get an Elite for £50 more + you get a £130 HDD

Why are first time buyers getting a Premium when you can get an Elite for £50 more + you get a £130 HDD

BEcause unless you live in the usa and have a decent market place you wont fill that up?

It doesnt matter whether youll fill it up, you need more than 20GB. I had messages saying that my 20 GB was full. I had 3 or four Demos and 1st season of red versus blue and other videos.

Plus youll need loads of space for halo 3 save film. Plus some upcoming RPGs and other games are a HDD required game

indeed, i may be investing in the 120GB HDD, when i first got my 360 the thing was allready half-full with random crap that i had to delete.

It doesnt matter whether youll fill it up, you need more than 20GB. I had messages saying that my 20 GB was full. I had 3 or four Demos and 1st season of red versus blue and other videos.

Plus youll need loads of space for halo 3 save film. Plus some upcoming RPGs and other games are a HDD required game

Meh, but to alot of people an extra 50 quid is too much to pay just for some more gigabytes.

20gb is enough, it's just you dont actually get 20gb. You get like 13, with the rest taken up by back catalog update stuff. But if I have no intention of playing any back catalog games, can I not get the option to delete it, please?

Yea, you get 120 GB but unlike me people have HDMI on their tvs which you also get with the Elite

hdmi_prem.jpg

Remember it wont be long before there are Premiums in shops with HDMI!

I do agree with Chuck tho... theres no point in buying a Premium when the Elite is only £50 more... and the 120GB hard drive is gonna be necessary if you wanna download stuff from the video market place... when its up and running over here.

I just can't see myself using the 120gb. The only thing I'm ever likely to download off there is The Daily Show and that's on More 4 twice a day anyway. Personally I'd rather exchange the 50 for an extra controller and a sandwhich.

I just can't see myself using the 120gb. The only thing I'm ever likely to download off there is The Daily Show and that's on More 4 twice a day anyway. Personally I'd rather exchange the 50 for an extra controller and a sandwhich.

I'll sell you that sandwich for £15.

360 Premiums for £229.99...going to have to wait till 8th September on my birthday to get mine!

Its been 2 days and I already miss my 360. Last time it broke I had my mates console to play on within a few hours this time I have to go cold turkey until the Elite comes out! This is the first time I have been without my 360 since I bought it last March.

*crouches in the corner and continues to rock backwards and forwards*

Poor HoT.

I may eventually pick up a 360 Elite, but i can't see the point when the difference between VGA and HDMI is so little. I'll probably just get a new larger HDD, i have like 3GB left on my 20GB due to DLC, arcade games and such.

Its been 2 days and I already miss my 360. Last time it broke I had my mates console to play on within a few hours this time I have to go cold turkey until the Elite comes out! This is the first time I have been without my 360 since I bought it last March.

*crouches in the corner and continues to rock backwards and forwards*

But you've still got your PS3 right? How's that going?

But you've still got your PS3 right? How's that going?

Nah, I got rid of it the other week, didnt sit right with me, at least not yet. Will probably pick another one up when the games catalogue increases. As for my Wii, I hardly ever play on it other than the VC games. I come in from work and I cant be bothered to wave my arms around :)

Its not all bad though as its given me time to get through my Halo books.

Oh man, so tempted to get the premium now. Only thing thats holding me back is the lack of HDMI. I want 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what should I do?

Oh man, so tempted to get the premium now. Only thing thats holding me back is the lack of HDMI. I want 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what should I do?

If you are that desperate for HDMI then you could either get an Elite this Friday, wait for the Halo 3 edition 360 as that is supposed to have HDMI on it, or wait for the Premiums to start circulating that have HDMI on.

You could just say sod it and get a normal Premium, your choice :)

If you are that desperate for HDMI then you could either get an Elite this Friday, wait for the Halo 3 edition 360 as that is supposed to have HDMI on it, or wait for the Premiums to start circulating that have HDMI on.

You could just say sod it and get a normal Premium, your choice :)

lol you're right, those are the choices that I have. I'm thinking I might go for the "Sod it and get a normal premium" choice. Its the cheapest option, and tbh, I'm not that fussy over HDMI. For the same price as the Elite, I could get a premium with 3 games. :yay:

Skate demo at 10 am tomorrow, everyone will both download and enjoy this game. Even if its a steaming pile of crap.