NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Ah well if I don't get one, it means I wait for a price drop and order the games I've missed for saving up for one >.>

I ordered on the 18th and i got the e-mail from gameplay :D

im getting

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit

Perfect Dark - Zero

Project Gotham Racing 3

WooooooooooooooT

Looking forward to playin yous if any of yous are gettin them games.

I ordered on the 18th and i got the e-mail from gameplay :D

im getting

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit

Perfect Dark - Zero

Project Gotham Racing 3

WooooooooooooooT

Looking forward to playin yous if any of yous are gettin them games.

Really? Did you preorder early 18/08? because if you left it to late i believe you were too late to get one, so your lucky.

:)

Really? Did you preorder early 18/08? because if you left it to late i believe you were too late to get one, so your lucky.

yeah early on the 18th m8. I work nite shift so i did it about 1 in the morning

glad im gettin 1 :D

I am getting

Xbox 360 premium pack

Play and Chage Kit

Official Rgb cables

Vga Cables

Perfect Dark Zero LE

Project Gotham Racing 3

Kameo

Call of Duty 2

FIFA

Condemned

I am getting

Xbox 360 premium pack

Play and Chage Kit

Official Rgb cables

Vga Cables

Perfect Dark Zero LE

Project Gotham Racing 3

Kameo

Call of Duty 2

FIFA

Condemned

6 Games :o

I am getting PGR 3 and maybe PDZ

Email 1

Dear Gameplay Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that you are included in our first allocation for the Xbox 360 Premium Pack!

You should receive your order on the day of release - 02/12/05.

Below is our essential launch list of games and accessories, plus a special discount on carry cases and bags - please select which other items you'd like to receive with your console:

Email 2

Dear Gameplay Customer,

Due to huge demand for the Xbox 360 Console and low stock allocation into the UK we will not be able to fulfil your order for the Xbox 360 Premium Pack for release date.

We recommend that you still keep your pre order with us so you remain in the queue for the next allocation of stock. Your card will not be charged until we despatch your order.

Currently we do not know when the next allocation of consoles will be sent from Microsoft.

We would like to apologise for this situation but unfortunately we are at the whim of Microsoft’s stock levels. We will secure stock as soon as it becomes available in the UK.

All mails have been sent out to all 360 customers, letting them know if they have one or not.

A couple of people didn't have emails linked to their account or had unsubscirbed from our mailing list - so they will recieve a letter shortly.

I'm sorry we can't fulfil all orders, but there just isn't enough stock available at launch.

6 Games :o

I am getting PGR 3 and maybe PDZ

I might cancel a couple, havent decided yet.

I might cancel a couple, havent decided yet.

I say this everytime i get a new console.

Only get 1, 2 Max games, complete each game then sell and get another, before i know it i have 14 half completed games.

I wont sell PGR3 too much xbl play

I might do that, get a few complete, get more, as i dont think its gonna be that hard to get hold of the software.

The plot thickens with all this confusion and concern. I still say the midnight Tesco/Asda thing is your best bet with these kinda things as those guys certainly don't take preorders for stuff.

And I agree, playing one level doesn't constitute a review or even that number of words. JESUS. Write a book or something.

Got my email from Game play to say I am getting one!

Alos does any one know if woolies are doing pre orders? i am sure it has been said in this thread but i aint check all the pages!

Woolies aren't taking pre-orders, and someone from Tesco told me that no Tesco will be getting them in.... hmmmm.

Any reviews for PDZ anywhere, yet?

Woolies aren't taking pre-orders, and someone from Tesco told me that no Tesco will be getting them in.... hmmmm.

Any reviews for PDZ anywhere, yet?

I have a Woolworths down in my local shops. Might hafta head down there in the morning to check it out. Thanks for the head's up.

I've got a small one near me and they said that it's just the larger ones getting them in. However, I asked at another smallish one, and they said they are getting them, but they dont know how many and they're not taking pre-orders.

Hmmmm, Asda it is. My local one is getting ten 360's. My local Currys are getting ONE!

just wondering as i spoke to the manager of my local woolworths and he said i can pre order mine on there in store electronic catalogue and i proberly would get one on day of release

Where i live has the biggest Asda in britain, they are getting a lot of 360's in, they even had psp's left after launch, anyone wanting a 360 should head up to aberdeen :P

Perfect Dark Zero

In order to guarantee Xbox 360 launch-day availability of flagship title Perfect Dark Zero, Microsoft sent the game to manufacture before it had passed certification.

It was an extraordinary gamble. The game passed certification after the disks had been pressed. If the company had waited for certification to come through before okaying manufacture, Perfect Dark Zero would not have been available at the launch of Xbox 360.

Having ordered replication of the disks, Microsoft and Rare had to cross their fingers for a positive certification. If Microsoft's notoriously strict procedure - which we understand was not eased for PDZ in any way - had failed, the disks would have been trashed and the game would have been late.

The certification process is the final stage a game goes through before manufacture. Microsoft's team picks through the game making sure there are no bugs, that menus all work correctly, and that there are no compatibility issues. Games that fail, even in the smallest detail, are sent back to publishers and developers for changes. The process can take days, or even weeks.

Microsoft's developer Rare has been under enormous pressure to deliver two games for the launch of Xbox 360 - Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero, with PDZ the flagship title for the entire launch. Failure to make retail on November 22 would have been a sales and publicity disaster.

Taking a risk

PDZ executive producer Jim Veevaert told Next Generation, "Typically we go through a certification process to get a game finished and then we release to manufacturing. We took some risks and manufactured the disks over five days before certification."

When asked about the risks involved he said, "If the certification had not passed, we would have had hundreds of thousands of disks on our hands. It was us taking a risk to get the game there day one and there for launch."

He said, "Typically you can take upwards of 12 to 14 days to go through certification. In this case we didn't have the time, so we said 'go for it'."

He said the team was confident, if not certain, that the certification would pass. "The team had been going through the game over the last few weeks to get us to a point where we felt really comfortable. Rare does a lot of work in terms of polishing the game so we felt pretty confident it was time to let it go."

Microsoft has manufactured 700,000 copies of Perfect Dark Zero for the U.S. market, with a target hardware tie-ratio of 1:1. Veevaert said that figure was based on the early launch period of the hardware, and that a further run is expected in the days ahead.

TOMORROW: Full interview with Jim Veevaert on Rare's launch titles and the coming of Xbox 360

Next-Gen

God i'm so pleased they took thr gamble and made PD0 go into production before certification!

I really really need this as a launch title! :)

God i'm so pleased they took thr gamble and made PD0 go into production before certification!

I really really need this as a launch title! :)

We don't even know if it's any good yet.

ive been officially fucked over by gameplay.com

Join the club, GAME did the same to me.

Let's just hope Woolies don't let us down now.

We don't even know if it's any good yet.

I know, good point.

but i'm 99.9% sure i'm going to love this and Kameo, i'm not expecting too much from it, so perhaps it will surprise me even more!

Judging by the videos it looks set to do the Perfect Dark franchise proud, and i reckon it will be great!

Personal News update:)

One of the customers said they didnt have enogh mony at launch for a 360..

this means i thers a 360 waiting for me about 30.november :D