NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Pass, i typed in the IP to my 360 and in the router, and it all works fine for me at the moment.

I was having loads of problems with the NAT settings on my xbox.

Basically people with nat on can't play people with it off.

Just turn it off on your router, remedied my problem.

Has anyone tried the Skate 3 demo?

Whilst I didn't think much to Skate 2, this one won me over instantly just by having Jason Lee in it :D For those of you who don't know/care, Jason Lee was a pro skateboarder who invented the 360 flip way before he became an actor. And if you don't know his name: he was in Mall Rats and is probably most famous as Earl in My Name is Earl :)

Ah, well it feels a bit less special now. But wasn't that just a voice? This is a full (and quite realistic looking) 3D incarnation. Anyway Skate games (especially the first) are far superior to all TH games, with the possible exception of Pro Skater 2.

Edited by Shorty

Afraid not, he was also a full 3D incarnation and unlockable character (Not sure...but very likely) in P8.

Anyway, I would say that I resent your claim of skate. being superior to all TH games except Pro Skater 2, because Pro Skater 3 was also brilliant.

But as I've only played the first game for about 10 hours, I can't really say anything. :hmm:

Pro Skate 3 was great, and 4 wasn't too bad either, but Skate is better. Anything after THPS4 was poo though.

Skate really felt like a back to roots game, really echoing the feel of real skateboarding, rather than an arcade title with unrealistic several-minute-long combos. Felt very much like you were inside a real skate video. Skate 2 did the same but was somehow less focussed and more boring. Skate 3 looks to have improved the system a little, but I seem to remember early reports saying it would be built around some team/co-op gimmick that I have yet to see.

I never got on with the Skate series unfortunately. It's a shame because everybody tells me it completely wrecks the TH games, thus I'd love to give it a go. Though to be fair the only skate game I own (and am relatively good at - or was, at one point) is Project 8, which was good fun and all that.

How did I not pick up Assassins Creed 2 before? The game just reeks quality and polish. More games need this kind of attention.

There's demos for all 3 available, and the skate 2 demo includes multiplayer bails mode, which isn't to be missed when you've got a couple of mates round :3

I'll definitely get it. I've gotten Outrun and After Burner (two classic SEGA franchises that I've never played before) and love them both, so hopefully this will go on the same list.

You never played JSR? Aw man you're missing out!

Truth, JSR is easily one of the most original and enjoyable games ever made, not to mention one of the best on the Dreamcast.

Truth, JSR is easily the best game ever made.

Yeah I'd agree with that :heh:

Seriously though, I love that game. It would be so sweet if it came to XBLA.

That'd be awesome. I have it on disc for the original Xbox though...but I'd probably still buy it for improvements/achievements. Plus no disc swapping. I fuckin' love mah digital delivery..

holyshitohmygod! never played jet set radio, all i ever got was a demo in the official dreamcast magazine. I played that demo over and over ^_^

Tried looking around for JSRF on the xbox but couldn't get my hands on it. Looks like i'll be downloading this if they release it.

Oh, and I believe that Sonic Adventure is also due on the XBLA at some point. So perhaps more Dreamcast games will make their way over, too.

Oh, and I believe that Sonic Adventure is also due on the XBLA at some point. So perhaps more Dreamcast games will make their way over, too.

Originally i was excited for Sonic Adventure coming out on XBLA but the more i have been thinking about it... the more im thinking that the game may have aged really badly and not be what i remember!

I will prob still end up downloading it though.

One of the reasons that I actually got the 360 was because I thought that JSR was one of their download on demand games. That game was my only regret about giving away my original xbox all those years ago.

JSR was one of those games I KNEW I'd love... but, arg, never played it. Would (at least) get a demo for it, and most likely splurge a load over it too.

As a matter of fact this would make sense, since the guys working on the Dreamcast at the time went to Microsoft around the time the Dreamcast was failing and asked if they could make the original xbox backwards compatible with Dreamcast games. The only reason the idea got rejected by Microsoft was because Sega wanted the Dreamcast games to run on-line through Microsoft's Xbox Live service. Think this might just be Microsoft making good on a ten year old deal, and so are sticking old Dreamcast games on XBLA. Hell, Hydro Thunder is getting put up, what's to say the rest aren't going to.

^ That makes a lot of sense, imagaine how sweet it would have been to have Dreamcast games backwards compatible with the Xbox or even 360... the trouble is, releasing them on Xbox live arcade is more lucrative for Miscrosoft so I can understand them doing it this way, heck I don't case as long as more games get released like this with online modes intact where applicable.

PSO Episode 1+2 on Xbox Live arcade? I wouldn't say no... :love: with that said it may remain a dream but still it would be nice to have it re-released, updated, expanded and available to play for free online.