NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

nah it just stays shit! Cant stand that game!

Anyone getttin borderlands? mine should be here tomorow or thursday me thinks wooo!

Thanks doe that Dante! Nice to see yet another seemingly classic arcade game being reworked :D shockingly I don't think I've ever played it! :o but it looks to be like one of those quirky games that's simple to play and a whole lot of fun, so count me in for whenever it gets re-released!

Anyone else get into the Preview Program ? Im loving it so far :)

Edited by m_fergy

Anyone else get into the Preview Program ? Im loving it so far :)

Yeah I got it. Last.fm and Twitter are impressive. I think Facebook is a bit clunky but works ok. I don't think I will ever really use the Zune stuff though.

Looking forward to the Sky Player :)

WOOOOOOOOOT ! This looks great Sky 360

Anyone know of pricing ?

I heard £15 a month if you don't have Sky, £10 if you have Sky but not multi room or free if you have Sky multi room. I saw it on the Xbox forum so I'm not sure if it's true (or if I'm remembering right).

I heard £15 a month if you don't have Sky, £10 if you have Sky but not multi room or free if you have Sky multi room. I saw it on the Xbox forum so I'm not sure if it's true (or if I'm remembering right).

Those prices sounds about right. Although I think there may be different price offers for non sky customers... Ie... on demand content only, on demand plus live tv etc

So if I have Sky, Sky+, Sky HD, Sky Sports, Sky Phone, Sky Broadband and a Sky Multiroom on a second Sky+ box, I shouldn't have to pay for Sky on the 360 with all the features (minus the films)?

Do you... actually have all those things? or were you just making a funny?

I just remembered that I bought The Lost and Damned when it came out and only played it for about an hour. I must've gotten very busy in life then bought a new game or something and shelved it in my mind. That's the problem with not having actual games sitting on your shelf, you sometimes forget what you've got.

Do you... actually

have all those things? or were you just making a funny?

My Grandparents do. Although the Phone/Broadband are completely free.

sky player tomorrow :)

raw vs smackdown 10 is easily the best one so far good fun

NFS : undercover still very easy its got to be one of the easiest games ive played in years

Official Sky pricing:

How much will it cost and when can I get it?

Sky Player is free to existing Sky TV customers, with the availability of channels and programmes being dependant on your core Sky TV subscription. Non Sky TV customers can subscribe to Sky Player from £15 for the Entertainment Pack, and can add Sports Pack for an additional £19 per month. To view Sky Player via your Xbox 360 you will need an Xbox LIVE Gold membership (see http://www.xbox.com for more details). Sky Player launches on Xbox 360 on Tuesday 27th October.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12850_5631564,00.html

I agree, it is the best of the series so far. Much better than the disaster known as 09. Create-A-Story mode makes the game for me.

ahh dammit im dissapointed I cant use sky player cos my connection is 1mb not 2mb :(

They probably won't prevent you from trying, but you won't get a very good stream. Well, you really should be due for an upgrade now anyway! 8mb is standard with most adsl companies now.

So I've come home from work to download the Sky Player on my xbox but like where is it?

EDIT: oh :(

Microsoft has said that it is "investigating" the technical problems delaying the launch of Sky Player on Xbox Live.

Offering live and on-demand content, the service was initially scheduled to go live at 10am this morning.

However, there have been widespread reports that clicking on the Sky Player icon currently available on Xbox Live simply brings up a rolling advert for the service and a message which says, "Coming later today".

Writing on his Major Nelson Twitter page, Microsoft's Larry Hyrb said: "UK Xbox Live Members: If you are having trouble w/ the Sky Player, we are aware of the issues and are investigating."

The problems appear to stem from the Sky servers as Sky Player is experiencing technical issues across all of its available platforms.

Update: Microsoft has confirmed that the Sky Player service has now been removed from Xbox Live but will hopefully launch tomorrow.

In a statement, the company said: "The Sky Player on Xbox 360 service did successfully launch early this morning, it has subsequently been suspended due to an unforeseen technical issue.

"With so much excitement and interest in the service, we'd much prefer to ensure that our customers enjoy the highest possible quality of service.

"We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customers who have attempted to access the service today. Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem - we expect to have the full service available tomorrow."

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk

Edited by Platty

Bah, my 360's right trigger has started squeaking when I press it. It's pretty new, so will it sort itself out or will I need to clean it or something?

I agree, it is the best of the series so far. Much better than the disaster known as 09. Create-A-Story mode makes the game for me.

Was 09 that bad? I had 08 and that was pretty naff, and I heard 09 was better.

I have the newest one, though. It's pretty good. :)

Bah, my 360's right trigger has started squeaking when I press it. It's pretty new, so will it sort itself out or will I need to clean it or something?

It will probably sort itself out, or you can buy a Torx T8 screwdriver for a couple of quid from ebay which you can open it up and clean it with. I did that when my buttons were sticking and it was well worth it :)

Sky player is unreal !

Love all the movies on demand, Prob watch the liverpool match the nite aswell on it.

Is this ment to be the UK's version of Netflix ?

Not really, our HD movie downloads is closer to netflix, but with those you can stream too. Netflix is just movies afaik. This is something more unique to us.