NEurope
JLilly

Revolution Name revealed? (Nintendo Bluewave!)

Well... think of how little time people knew about the DS before it came out... I don't know if i remember correctly, but wasn't the DS annonced at E3, and released in Japan in November... That was clearly time enough to "make a name"... 6 months is a long time to hype a product...

Anyone who now know about the revolution will still "be onboard" after a namechange, but a new name would get more people on the revolutionary blue ocean wave... new name = more hype = more public knowlege of this fantastic games consol...

Customer: I want to buy an Xbox 360

Shopkeeper: Here it is..

Customer: But its not round!!

Shopkeeper: What?

Customer: Yes, Xbox 360, a round thing, you know 360 is a circle.

Shopkeeper: eh! You use round discs in it...

Ah, i can't agrue with that.

*person enters Currys*

Customer: I'd like one of them George Forman grills

Shopkeep: Here *hands over a PS3*

Customer: I can't wait to make dinner tonight

:woops:

Alot of people know what Revolution is, and this includes all the chav's and many other people that arent very interested in video games.

Im pretty much the Nintendo boy yet im not considered a geek by friends and people in my year.. quite weird. When I first got my DS, i brought it into school and it seemed I was the center of attention because I had people asking me about it, letting them play the wario demo and etc.

But back on topic and not talking about my personal life and my shock of not being considered a video game geek..

Revolution is known by many. Seen it in the sun a few times, its been discussed on news programs suprisingly, been on kids programs and the video they used when they revealed the controller is all over the net.

Nearly every one in my year at school knows what Revolution is.

But Nintendork has a point, not enough people know about the revolution for it to confuse people if they change the name. But I personally think they should stick with revolution. But the fact he brands people as us geeks is quite offensive in my opinion, we're geeks because we have an interest in such things? We're geeks because we play alot of games? I wanna know what we're geeks for.

But the fact he brands people as us geeks is quite offensive in my opinion, we're geeks because we have an interest in such things? We're geeks because we play alot of games? I wanna know what we're geeks for.

Claps hands,alot of people in my school know about the Rev aswell.

most people i know refer to it as "the new nintendo with that special controller". its not till i tell the its called revolution that they knew

ive been calling it the revolution to my frineds, if i suddenly call it the bluewave i can see it now theyd start laughing and saying how shite the name is. and i would agree with them.

if people do believe it wil be called that then you are fools. why woudl they give it the name of a colour that they havnt even shown any pictures of it in that colour.

keep the rev name i think,or maybe something different but dont put a colour in the name.

Really dalco? Well i guess it was obvious it would be dependant on location on whether people know about the name or not.

Oh well, Im guessing its just the minority that know the name then, giving nintendo the oppertunity to change the name

why woudl they give it the name of a colour that they havnt even shown any pictures of it in that colour.

As a matter of fact, blue is the only color you will see on every different color-version of the revolution, being the trademarkish' blue light that comes out of the disc-drive.

I bet it will be a name we haven't thunk of and when we hear it we'll go 'off course'.

I bet it will be a name we haven't thunk of and when we hear it we'll go 'off course'.

I've said it once and i'll say it again. The Nintendo F**king Awesome.

Do i need to explain why i think this will be a suitable name?:)

Well I think that's a great name and it does stand out.The name pretty much explains why it's called that :p

I've said it once and i'll say it again. The Nintendo F**king Awesome.

Do i need to explain why i think this will be a suitable name?:)

Ha! that SHOULD be the name!

Will definitly rid nintendo of its kiddy image, seeing as hardly any parents will give their kids something with the word f***ing in it =P

Customer: I want to buy an Xbox 360

Shopkeeper: Here it is..

Customer: But its not round!!

Shopkeeper: What?

Customer: Yes, Xbox 360, a round thing, you know 360 is a circle.

Shopkeeper: eh! You use round discs in it...

Nice-and another thing: If you go round in 360 degrees, don't you just end up where you started?

Maybe they should call it the 'Nintendo ooOOoo'....Even justlooking at that hypnotic light ma.....*drool*

Nice-and another thing: If you go round in 360 degrees, don't you just end up where you started?

yeah but its also the same if you do a full revolution (wheel)

what about the NinKing - beyond the future -----jk

Actually, quite a good one is the Nintendo Desire? or is that shit