Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

So Matt Casamassina knows?

KingOfHyrule

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just saw that... lucky guy, I'm after one of those right now.

The intel processor really puts me off though.

That and the price tag of like a grand.

But if you think about it.. 100gb, 2.0ghz dual core, up to 2gb of ram, iSight and microphone built in.. pretty solid battery life and such nice design- not mentioning that graphics card and dual booting it really is a wonder machine.

Kinda lame he bought Office.. even at the $99 student edition considering you can get Open Office on macs for free and it does basically the same job without looking as pretty.

Perhaps the IGN machine picked up that bill.

Yeah, MacBooks are definetely very hot. Such a shame they're so bloody expensive - you can get a similar setup in a normal laptop for €500 less. It won't have the design though :sad:

Matt goes up my list again :heh:

By the way what puts you off the Intel processor, Nintendork? The Core Duo is so much better than that G4...

Well part of the reason why I got a Mac is because the G4 is extremely efficient on the batteries.. my 1ghz G4 outperforms a 2.8ghz Celeron (yeah they're shit but still..) and when I first got it, it gave me 6 hours cordless.

The intels are widely regarded for having kack battery life.. even if it performs it still isn't a portable laptop if it only gives you 2 hours average use.

A laptop for me isn't judged by the specs.. it's by the life on the road.

Nobody really does much intensive work on the go except the paparazi who work in photoshop around the world.. if a MacBook only gives you a couple of hours when word processing, surfing and listening to some tunes you're stuffed really.

Even the might of Mac OS X cannot manage the flaws of bad hardware.. and on top of that not all software has been made into universal binary yet.

I'll probably upgrade by the time Leopard comes.

The old Mac used to boast a quality battery life of 5 hours, the new MacBook's website doesn't mention it- in fact it now gives tips on how to conserve battery life instead.

You're mixing up the Pentium M (the Core Duo) with the Pentium 4. The Pentium 4 is the most powersucking processor of all times (the P4 EE sucked about 200W at peak). The Core Duo is so power efficient however, there are plans of implementing it in handheld devices and stuff like that. It's real good stuff by Intel. But let's stay on-topic now :smile:

This Intelchip is the shit! The core duo only uses 31W power, costs about 250 € and performs on nearly the same level as a FX-57 for 1000 € and sucking 150W.... I will get a core duo for my next pc, they are brilliant and way better than those X2 from amd...they have such a powerfull out-of-order unit that even singlecore-applications use both cores to their fullest if needed!... just search for benchmarks, this chip will rule the next pc-round!

This is real next gen! Not those fucked up in-order-processors aka cell aka xenos(sorry for bitching but there´s no excuse) just made to market higher clockrates and more cores to wannabe-techie-kids and making a programmers job a nightmare...that said i just say:

Core Duo is recommed! It´s way better in every aspect than any processor available @ the moment! And it doesn´t cost you selling your ass...

You're confused with the Conroe/Merom/Woodcrest, Intel's next line of processors.

The Core Duo gets outperformed by the Athlon 64 X2 (and the Turion 64 X2) in pretty much every area, but it's a perfect laptop chip.

The Core Duo would've been such a good chip for the Revolution...

He doesn't have any NDA! He finds his info from Nintendo but also from developers, journalists etc. Just like me. The reason for not sayning what it is, is cause he don't want to reveal anything before Nintendo officialy do! And cause he might be completely wrong. I continue to back my post, that the "3rd secret" won't blow us away - the Revmote will. Sorry.

what and have an exclusive? what journalist would ever want to have an exclusive?

i am afraid you sir are full of shit. :nono:

I dont think we can be blown away like the Revmote did. We werent expecting anything back then, now we are expecting everything.

Speak for yourself. Don't you remember the hype building up from E3 to TGS? People were unliterally going mad with anticpation.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!