Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Raid over the River and Sadness (rev games)

bryanee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise the concept art was real daftada, kinda cool.. not amazingly revealing- kinda victorian styling.

It's got to have a gripping story to get me to not buy Mario/Red Steel.

Direct linksky

I expected this, as soon as I read that its before the world war, I expected some victorian style to it, which perfectly suits the game to be a horror.

Am I the only person who hasn't planned which games they're getting on launch then? I suppose I'd better make a list.

I have the feeling I'll buy anything 1st party regardless of if it's actually any good or not. Red Steel looks great, but I could imagine it would be somewhat of a standard setter for Revolution FPSs. Perhaps it would be better waiting for the next big shooter? I could imagine as the first game of its kind, Red Steel would have a couple of niggles which would be patched up in another developer's Revoltion FPS. Hmm... I think I'm jumping the gun a bit, seeing as I've only seen 10 odd screens.

As for Sadness, I'm attracted to the romanticised simplicity of the title. I'm hopeing what seems to be some sort of emotional and artistic awareness will be reflected in the game. Again I'm jumping the gun, but I could imagine some sort of gloomy, very aware modernist video game. Although, as it's made by a Polish design company, perhaps its just a bit of dodgey cultural/language translation? Also, what's Polish cinema/literature like? This game could be a big stinking lump of cheese when translated into English.

I expected this, as soon as I read that its before the world war, I expected some victorian style to it, which perfectly suits the game to be a horror.

Glad you liked our Interview :)

Should have the .mp3's up soon!

Its looking very unique, and the artwork is brilliantly done!

"How does it feel to be making the first announced game for the

Nintendo Revolution?:

It’s just like being on a date with a very pretty virgin! It is a great feeling of course, but it does bring many challenges with it, we can’t fail all our fans for example."

I'm no longer looking forward to this game if this is who's developing it.

Edit: Oh wait, is he making an analogy between a virgin and the Revolution in regard to the fact that he's making 'the first anounced game' for the console? That's actually quite clever.

I recon that the music is about to go faster and louder at the end when it rises, and it sounds rather nice, and is, appropriatly, both sad and mysterious sounding. According to my sister, who is studying art history at uni, and is currently doing clothes, the dresses the women are waring in the character art are Edwardian-so that makes it between 1901 and WWI, for those of you who's English history isn't quite up to scratch.

Incase it hasn't been posted, some Raid over the River concept art: http://www.revolutionreport.com/index.php?act=articles&code=read&id=212

True[and I really like AC's music] It lacks something though.

What I find really interesting is the fact that you don't use weapons, but 'objects around you.'

Yeah same here, but that way its more horrifying. Say some ones just busted through your door with a baseball bat (this is a real life situation, pretend), you've got no way to defend your self because you wouldnt have a weapon on you at an unexpecting moment. What do you do? Run and grab any object thats close to you and fling it at the intruder.

Thats what im expecting from this game, that sort of experience were things are unexpected and you have to make do of your sorroundings, and that of course in my eyes is very unique, never seen it been done before.

I liked the mp3, keeping the victorian theme with freaky music. Thanks for posting it CubeChris!

I liked the mp3, keeping the victorian theme with freaky music.

Victorian theme? What Victorian theme? Those clothes are Edwardian...(thats 1901-1910, by the way)

And that music is just sad and tense, it could be from any time period.

Victorian theme? What Victorian theme? Those clothes are Edwardian...(thats 1901-1910, by the way)

And that music is just sad and tense, it could be from any time period.

I must have gotten the theme mixed, the clothes looked Victorian to me.

Your right that it could be from any time period, but it suits the period that the game is set in, thats what I was saying.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!