NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Virtual Console

I've just had a few ideas which could happen at Revolution launch with the virtual console...

• About ten free games on the virtual console (maybe a choice or ready selected quality games from each platform, like Zelda OOT for N64, Super Mario Bros. for the NES, stuff for the Megadrive and SNES, etc.)
  • A free GameCube controller shell in with the Revo pack
  • The option to buy a little pack of Revo shells, like a spare GameCube one for multiplayer, N64 one, NES, SNES, Megadrive..
  • Instead of using the VIP stars to buy rubbish wallpapers, use them for Virtual Console games!
  • Use the Virtual Console to get demos for the Rev, and DS (in the last case, that would only happen if the Rev's last feature is a DS download station)
  • A little news page that is updated when you log into Wi-Fi that can show you a list of new videos for games. You can subscribe to newly announced games and have videos and pictures sent to your Rev, that can maybe be stored on like a Movie Player on your DS

If anyone else has any suggestions I'll put them in a list here.

Iwata has said that the games on Nintendo Revolution's back catalog will not be free.

They're experimenting with pricing structures and closely looking at the consumers who use xbox live arcade.

I think a shell would be nice to go with Revolution free, though it's kinda unnecesary as we do have £5 GameCube controllers on eBay with 4 ports on top of the Revolution. I'll probably buy one for myself but not 4 for my mates.. that's just over the top.

Interesting point about the Sega/Hudson shells.. I'm curious about that too, there are no shoulder buttons for SNES playback on the Revolution FHC when displayed sideways and it must be pretty uncomfortable.

I know they're not free, I'm just saying to promote the console, you get them free at first. I mean, who can resist Zelda OOT with updated graphics?

I don't even think we'll get 1 free as a taster.

I think we'll get demos for free, and video trailer content via Nintendo WiFi free using the digital rights management they're implementing.

But I seriously doubt we will get a full game free.

I don't think graphics will be updated either dude, to go back and tinker with all those classic games would be a very time consuming process considering there are so many going on the back catalogue and they probably wont be at a hugely profitable price point.

I think 3rd parties could benefit from giving away promotional VC games. Lets face it they need all the help they can get selling to alot of Nintendo elitists.

For instance, Capcom could say, buy Resident Evil 5 and Killer 9 and get 3 free VC games. Just a thought

Interesting, Buy Mario 128 limited edition pack @ an extra £XX and get the classic Mario's too. I think chances of this are quite likely.. some people have hinted that Nintendo stars catalogue needs a real incentive.

I think there's a frigging petition against how crap it is lol.

It would be wise for them to offer games on the virtual console in exchange for XXX stars.

I remember iTunes said they wouldn't offer free songs at first then we got free single of the week (usually kack) and also Pepsi did that 1 in 4 bottles gets a free tune. GAP try on some jeans get a tune.

There are two types of people that will use the VC: people like us, who understand it already and will know how to download games etc. The other type of people are the 'new gamers', the "ones who usually don't play games".

This second type is the market that Nintendo are very interested in (but not only interested in) and what better way to get them to use it and make them feel comfortable using it is to include a leaflet in the console box explaining the VC and sayin something like "It's really easy, use this code to get your first game free!"

I would be surprised if Nintendo don't give the first game for free, even if it's just from a selection of 4 or 5 of the games available on the VC. It's the perfect way to make people aware of the VC and to get them to use it.

On top of that, they can say on the console box "one free game inside".

I would like games from the Nintendo VIP Catalogue that would be good and have part of the Nintendo Site for Rev and DS demos.I think that the demo feature is highly likely and i'm sure I read somewhere it can.

I hope we dont have to pay for game demos - you don't have to on XBL, why should we have to pay for them on the Revo? It would be cool if we could get DS demos too and transfer them to the DS.

True Moria. Demos should be free.

I would like to have a system similar to the "Star" reward to be able to get cheaper or free VC games as a reward. I really hope they are affordable.

It would be great to see lots of promotions for VC games though, like the Pepsi ideas mentioned earlier. Make it really public domain stuff.

I hope they'll sell discs with Virtual Console Games, things like "SNES Vol I", "N64 Vol II", "NES Vol IV"... things like that.

I also hope that if they allow us to download game demos they make them small, not like today's huge PC game demos.

I also want to be able to develop software for it, but that won't happen without a few hacks.

I hope they'll sell discs with Virtual Console Games, things like "SNES Vol I", "N64 Vol II", "NES Vol IV"... things like that.

Unlikely. The reasoning for the VC is because digital distribution is cheep and efficient. Making "real" versions of the software would counter act that.

I would lurve to be aboe to control SNES games with my DS. As the SNES is the only Nintendo system I haven't bought, I think this is where nost of my money on the virtual console will be going.

I can't really see this happening though.

What's the situation between Squaresoft, the virtual console, Nintendo and Sony like?

Is it gonna be another RareWare fiasco resulting in shit all third party games for the virtual console?

I would lurve to be aboe to control SNES games with my DS. As the SNES is the only Nintendo system I haven't bought, I think this is where nost of my money on the virtual console will be going.

I can't really see this happening though.

That would be cool.

The revmote for nes, ds for snes, gamecube for n64/gcn, everyone for revo...

I don't think graphics will be updated either dude, to go back and tinker with all those classic games would be a very time consuming process considering there are so many going on the back catalogue and they probably wont be at a hugely profitable price point.

Not if we are "just" talking about a higher resolution + a bit of AA :) Like we know from a rom emulator, for instance...

I really hope this service will be a succes.. and that the library of games you can download will grow.. I have a handfull of old old games I really want to play.. without having to buy a commodore 64, og emulate it.. or doing it illegal

I know it's probably not going to happen but i cross my 11 fingers

Well, the part I'm worrying about is How we're gonna pay for the Virtual console games, since my parents don't own a credit card, nor a paypal account, nothing like that... What I'd like to see is that you'd be able to enter a game store, and buy coupons that would allow you to buy, for example, 5 NES games, or 3 SNES games, or 1 N64 games... simular to ow you'd buy phone credit in a supermarket, or something...

I doubt Nintendo would give away some games for free but maybe it's something like: you got 500 VIP stars with your Revolution, you can get 10 crappy wallpapers, 5 stupid windows sounds or a game from the VC for free.

I really hope that you can get games form the VC for something like the VIP stars or charge only 1 to 5€ per games. I'm not a retro fanatic, sure some games are fun but usually I want to play them to relive old memories but never complete them and more then 5€ would be too much for me. And if they are too pricy mainly the non-gamer (the ones that don't know about the illegal way) will still go the legal way.

VIP stars I think is very likely,link your rev to your account and download them directly to rev or something,they should really do that.

i think there should be a free download with every Rev purchase. get people into the way of it.

They should atleast do 3 free downloads or something which each Revolution and with big games like zelda they could do a special download like the first Zelda free,so many oppertunities

well if they gave away nes games or something like that then people would be tempted to download other game making nintendo some cash.

I think it would be nice to have free game downloads coming with games in a similar way to VIP cards, maybe a specific title, or a choice of 2 or 3 titles, or just credit.

having top up cards for the VC would also be good - they could possibly have retro themed cards which would be a nice touch, could lead to the card becoming collectable, which could encourage people to buy them.

maybe they could actually have game cards, the card has a code, type in the code and it automatically downloads the game that the code corresponds to - lots of ways they could do this.

A free NES,SNES,N64 from a selected number fopr buying a reb vwould be good,or Pestnebs idea that ones quite good

Sign in to follow this