Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

The New New York in Doctor Who is actually New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York or something like that, as proven in the first episode of series 2. Watch it again and see.

The Shakespeare Code was really good in my opinion, I loved all the modern references (mostly to Harry Potter). "Expelliarmus!"

The New New York in Doctor Who is actually New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York or something like that, as proven in the first episode of series 2. Watch it again and see.

The Shakespeare Code was really good in my opinion, I loved all the modern references (mostly to Harry Potter). "Expelliarmus!"

They are still breaking copyright laws by referrring to it as New New York. But I've tipped FOX off. Hopefully I'll have a reply in a couple of days. Hehe now they'll have to set in 1920s new york where it should of been from the start.

I'm pretty sure you can't copyright something as obscure as "New New York".

Anyway, I'd guess that this episode might tie in some way with the episode set in 30s New York?

I was thinking that yesterday, it seems a bit coincidental that three consecutive episodes all take place in some form of New York.

Also, on Saturday we get to find out what the Face of Boe's secret for the Doctor is.

Last time I seem to recall he said something about "meeting him at the end" so something evidentally is going to be seriously kicking off. I reckon it'll have something to do with making sure the next three doctors aren't the last.

Last time I seem to recall he said something about "meeting him at the end" so something evidentally is going to be seriously kicking off. I reckon it'll have something to do with making sure the next three doctors aren't the last.

It would be revealed 'the third and last time we meet'. Yeah, something's going to happen, and this also extends the longevity of Doctor Who so he doesn't die at 13 regenerations.

A reference to what?

Futurama. New York city is called New New York because apparently between 2000 and 3000 it was falttened and built again.

Not that New York used to be called York and suffered a similar fate but whatever...

Nah and if you go trawling through the internet you will find FOX network owns something like 50.5% of all Futuramas assets. These assets include all artwork, episodes, fictional planets/characters/items/races/etc.

And FOX won't be happy about some organization just nicking the name. I'm sure JKR would feel same way if someone used Diagon Alley without paying her a ton of cash

"New New York" is not copywrite infringement, its a pop culture reference -_-

Debate that with the lawyers then Ashley I think you will find they would beg to disagree

Nah and if you go trawling through the internet you will find FOX network owns something like 50.5% of all Futuramas assets. These assets include all artwork, episodes, fictional planets/characters/items/races/etc.

And FOX won't be happy about some organization just nicking the name. I'm sure JKR would feel same way if someone used Diagon Alley without paying her a ton of cash

Debate that with the lawyers then Ashley I think you will find they would beg to disagree

Do a simple google search and you will find the phrase "new New York" is used all the time, to describe a changing New York. You can't copywrite a city with a pronoun. Its stupid and impossible. It would be like copywriting "Beautiful Shrewsbury".

FOX own the assets, so if someone tried to claim Fry as their own, or a Leela knockoff as their own they could sue them. They can't sue them over the placename. With that logic they could sue people using the word "Earth", its a place on Futurama.

This is closer to copywrite infringement than what you're suggesting and its not like Alex Schomburg is sueing Fox.

startling49he0.jpg

And if thats not Bender enough for you;

originalbenderyz6.jpg

Its called postmodernism. Nothing is new.

Guest Jordan
Futurama. New York city is called New New York because apparently between 2000 and 3000 it was falttened and built again.

Not that New York used to be called York and suffered a similar fate but whatever...

Not quite.

< Futurama whore.

Old New York is the sewers of New New York in Futurama, where all the mutants live.

Fun! Shame the same can't be said for 'The Shakespeare code' has to be one of the worst episodes of Doctor Who i've seen.

Poorly written, bad pacing, pointless characters and a fairly rubbish conclusion. Believe me, i'm a big fan of DW but that was incredibly disappointing. Also, Zeldafreak really needs to stfu for once in a while...

They say they're not, but that's not how it comes across.

They mention here and the Doctor goes all misty eyed and angry, and i don't think the new madame will be a 'love interest' as much as rose was, least i hope not, doesnt set a good example for the kids, ya'know. a time lord hoping all over space and time, picking up women in his 'tardis' to take them on an 'adventure of a lifetime'. somethings just not right there. especially with his proclamations that its 'bigger on the inside'. i mean, really! what is this doing to the minds of the youth of the nation . . .