NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Wow, mine wasn't quite THAT bad but it was still extremely grainy. I only got the box set last year sometime so I might have got one of the 'improved' ones, but quality was still rubbish and grainy.

Probably would have been better with the DVD version...

Well the solo release of the Christmas special has it looking much better, so I have hope that they won't do this again.

Well i was kind of expecting him to leave given the recent events with another past doctor in, it sort of leads into the idea of new doctors

As much as Matt Smith has proven he can exceed expectations, i've not liked him nearly as much as Eccleston or Tennat, but i will still be sad to see him go, the last episode was amazing and in that one alone he developed so much.

now onto wild speculation

I'd like Robert Lyndsay, he was touted before as a possible after Tennant and i loved the idea

I've seen a couple of names banded around online already of british actors who are now out of work/just finished a tv series, and i've liked the idea of Ray Stevenson being the one that caught my eye and seemed the most likely out of some outlandish suggestions (Daniel Radcliffe,Benedict Cumbersnatch) he was really charismatic in Dexter and i grew to really love his character, but he is trying his hand at hollywood although only in a supporting role so would he return for it? very unlikely i suppose but i did like the idea

Apparently the replacement has been cast since January

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/02/who-will-be-the-thirteenth-doctor/

The constant speculation every time we get a new Doctor about it being a female Doctor does my head in.

Stands to reason that they've had the actor clamped down by now. They had Matt Smith signed up a year before his first appearance

Edited by Serebii

The constant speculation every time we get a new Doctor about it being a female Doctor does my head in.

Even though The Doctor could be female (or anything other than a white male), there would be problems with episodes set in the past. On top of that, it would alienate viewers a bit too much.

I'm surprised Colin Morgan isn't on the list of suspects.

I think it would be nice for them to go with someone a little bit different. Robert Carlyle would make for an interesting Doctor, I think.

Edit: Also, why do the "female Doctor" suggestions always come up with "the current/previous companion should be the next Doctor"?

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

Which leads us to this:

Who’s gonna be the next Doctor? I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and say it’s going to be a skinny white British dude.

I'd love a run of 13 female Doctors.

Even though The Doctor could be female (or anything other than a white male), there would be problems with episodes set in the past. On top of that, it would alienate viewers a bit too much.

That's also the case with The Doctor being a different race.

Either they completely ignore the racial aspects in historical episodes, which does disservice to the history and to Doctor Who in general. If they don't ignore it, then it'll become an issue in every historical, especially ones set in America and after the first time, it could be damaging to the show.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenaro

Anyway, I once again say Julian Rhind-Tutt should be the next Doctor. He's very Doctorish and he'd fulfil the desire of the Doctor to be ginger

Especially as this is the 13th incarnation of the time lord

I'm surprised Colin Morgan isn't on the list of suspects.

Yes, it would be interesting to see him opposite John Hurt again.

That's also the case with The Doctor being a different race.

Either they completely ignore the racial aspects in historical episodes, which does disservice to the history and to Doctor Who in general. If they don't ignore it, then it'll become an issue in every historical, especially ones set in America and after the first time, it could be damaging to the show.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenaro

Anyway, I once again say Julian Rhind-Tutt should be the next Doctor. He's very Doctorish and he'd fulfil the desire of the Doctor to be ginger

Especially as this is the 13th incarnation of the time lord

This is Doctor Who. A show that explains away things by adding suffixes to already nonsensical words.

The Tardis translates everything anyway. Boom, it now makes people not care that the doctor is not white so we don't have that awkward racist moment at the start of every episode in the past.

Or, they accept it's full of plot holes and sticky-tape anyway and just ignore it.

Some other suggestions that I have

James Callis

3KsdauP.jpg

Alexander Siddig

hM2XY6O.jpg

I would really really hope we don't find out before hand. I think it out right sucked that before Matt Smith they ran a documentary about the process and revealed him. I want that moment of surprise to be there when he regenerated. I remember my utter shock when Tom Baker was killed and I had no idea what he would look like. (granted a rerun, but in those days info much harder to come by). I believe it almost happened with Christopher Eccleston until it leaked that he was leaving.

WAIT

William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith…

I missed something. I knew John Hurt was in this season....crazy. I have some catching up to do that's for sure, got them all stacked up to watch, waiting to watch them when girlfriend not around, she hates the show!

Edited by flameboy

I would really really hope we don't find out before hand. I think it out right sucked that before Matt Smith they ran a documentary about the process and revealed him. I want that moment of surprise to be there when he regenerated. I remember my utter shock when Tom Baker was killed and I had no idea what he would look like. (granted a rerun, but in those days info much harder to come by). I believe it almost happened with Christopher Eccleston until it leaked that he was leaving.

WAIT

William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith…

I missed something. I knew John Hurt was in this season....crazy. I have some catching up to do that's for sure, got them all stacked up to watch, waiting to watch them when girlfriend not around, she hates the show!

last episode of the series relates to your spoiler

Also, it's not really clear if your spoiler is exactly how things are. It's the most common guess at the moment, though.

...John Hurt must be a Doctor from the past, because Matt Smith's Doctor recognised him, and he probably wouldn't know his future incarnations. Paul McGann is the only one we haven't seen regenerate.

WAIT

I think that was the plan, but apparently someone in the BBC accidentally sent an e-mail out to many people within their staff about Matt Smith leaving, an August 2014 start for Season 8 and that season only having 12 episodes, rather than 13, so they revealed it like this. Much like Nintendo did with the 3DS and Wii U after they got leaked

Edited by Serebii

IGN throw a few names into the hat...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/who-should-replace-matt-smith-in-doctor-who

Have to saw Ben Whishaw was my immediate thought... but then I thought he'd be a bit too similar.

Which of course also led me to Idris Elba... but he's a bit Hollywood now perhaps.

I would kind of like them to go for a big name though maybe, something a bit different to David Tennant and Matt Smith who both built their names in the role really.

Chris O'Dowd's name interested me which was a surprise, not being a huge fan of stuff I've seen him in, but could be a comedic difference.

Be very interesting to see where the story goes in the Anniversary and Christmas specials and what happens with John Hurts Doctor and how David Tennant comes back... and how it all leads into the next series and the future of The Doctor. If they wanted too they really could make next series very different, like IGN says about previous Doctors could reappear if they wanted.

I'm thinking they may go a bit more "hollywood" if I'm honest. They want the show to continuely appeal the US and I'm sure would snap up the chance for any extra funding that came the shows way....

Anyway girlfriend going out the next two nights I'm finally ready to catch up!

I'm thinking they may go a bit more "hollywood" if I'm honest. They want the show to continuely appeal the US and I'm sure would snap up the chance for any extra funding that came the shows way....

Anyway girlfriend going out the next two nights I'm finally ready to catch up!

Why would they do that? The show became the phenomenon it is now in the US through the Matt Smith series. Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were not Hollywood by any sense. If they were to go down that path, they'd risk losing what they have...you know, like they did with Torchwood

Why would they do that? The show became the phenomenon it is now in the US through the Matt Smith series. Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were not Hollywood by any sense. If they were to go down that path, they'd risk losing what they have...you know, like they did with Torchwood

Which is exactly why I worry they might do that. I mean who knows what they are chancing, it's not fully syndicated in North America maybe they want to do that and may see a bigger name as a means to an end. Let's not forget there is a movie in the works they'll want to hit a critical mass worldwide to make it even bigger. I dunno not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised.

I highly doubt that the film will happen.

Why not happened before with the two dalek movies.

I highly doubt that the film will happen.

Pretty sure it has been said that it isn't happening, and that the director was bullshitting.

HOWEVER, the 50th anniversary is allegedly 90 minutes long, which is essentially movie length, and is having a limited cinema release

Pretty sure it has been said that it isn't happening, and that the director was bullshitting.

The director said it was still happening after Moffat said "no", but that was over a year ago.