NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

All regenerations except the one between 8 and 9 have been shown on screen, but, as the article points out, under various circumstances. That's the beauty of the Doctor Who canon; it's very flexible. I still stick with the Time War Doctor theory ("8.5" - or maybe just an older 8th Doctor?) based on his clothes.

My mistake I stand corrected...

Aww Showcase cinema isn't showing it? i like the charm of the one in Leeds more than VUE, oh well i'm glad its being shown somewhere near

From the official Facebook

TRAILER NEWS! The official trailer for 'The Day of the Doctor' will air at 8pm on BBC One this Saturday. Mark it in your diaries!

I’ll be avoiding that trailer.

I hope one of the cinema chains here in The Netherlands will show the Doctor Who 50th anniversary (in 3D), otherwise it will be plain old television (in 2D). It’s too late to plan a trip to London (or somewhere in Germany) unfortunately.

1463086_755164807830882_1885830988_n.png

50TH EPISODE NEWS! We can confirm that 'The Day of the Doctor' will air at 7.50pm GMT on 23 November. Mark the time in your diaries!

Ah crap, I was hoping it would the usual time.. Since there’s also a concert that day I wanted to go to. Oh well.

I'm guessing it's that time as in cinemas the start time is 7:30pm, but that gives the cinemas time for 20 mins of adverts/trailers before starting at the same time as it is on the telly.

That and they don't want to put on Strictly too early :p

I'm guessing it's that time as in cinemas the start time is 7:30pm, but that gives the cinemas time for 20 mins of adverts/trailers before starting at the same time as it is on the telly.

That and they don't want to put on Strictly too early :p

Poor Atlantis is getting the shaft for this. Sucks to be them. BBC 1 that night is Strictly at 6:30, DW at 7:50, Casualty at 9:05.

Incidentally, BBC Three is airing a lot of DW stuff that day too.

First is a Doctor Who Live After Party from 9:05 to 10:05, then The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who from 10:05 to 12:05.

Apparently, X Factor has got a special One Direction night on November 23rd...convenient timing.

Edited by Serebii

So wait are the cinema times globally simulcast? So 2.50 EST?

Yep. Everywhere is getting it at the same time

It's his birthday today, too.

Indeed it is....

brought Paul McGann back as heavily rumoured. Despite the film being pretty bad I actually liked his rendition of the Doctor even if this version of him wasn't quite as exuberant but that's to be expected as he is basically on the run from the Time War.

Also what everyone expected happened is that John Hurt is a missing regeneration and that potentially the regeneration limit has been reset/altered by the elixir. Hard to make sense whether the Doctor was actually dead and done for and becomes The War Doctor. I wonder if they reason Matt Smith's Doctor spoke about him the way he did at the end of the last season is a refusal to accept that this was a true incarnation of himself. Or maybe it isn't really a regeneration but instead a harder meaner version of the McGann's Doctor? But then that still effectively leaves the Doctor "dead" and only alive because of the Sisterhood. They did save him before though...

I wonder if in anywa we will see this reconciled with John Hurt regenerating into Christopher Ecclestone.

Did anyone read/see recent comments Colin Baker made about how it's insulting that they didn't invite any past doctors to be involved and apparently Peter Davison said something about how he should be more worried about his weight....I heard it on a geek new show but not sure how true it was...

Edited by flameboy

Thing is, at Christmas we may see something about the regeneration limit. Moffat has been hinting

He has been saying that people keep missing a regeneration and that people need to go back and count...he's right

1: Hartnell

2: Troughton

3: Pertwee

4: T.Baker

5: Davison

6: C.Baker

7: McCoy

8: McGann

9: Hurt

10: Eccleston

11: Tennant

12: Tennant

13: Smith

14: Capaldi

We may actually see this being addressed!

Moffat also said that he wants all regenerations to be seen on screen which is part of why he did Night of the Doctor. If so...

Edited by Serebii

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-15/doctor-who-steven-moffat-clears-up-confusion-around-the-number-of-john-hurts-doctor

While it isn't explicitly stated, I think it's safe to say that:

- The War Doctor and the creation of Meta-Crisis Sex Doll Doctor count as regenerations (making Smith the final one until they explain it away).

- However, the numbering for what we call The Doctor is related to the faces of The Doctor (as The Doctor, not as other people the Time Lord has become).

Obviously, the numbering won't change because it would be a mess, but the explanation works from an in-universe point of view, too.

... when I saw the 8th Doctor. Since the rumours about who Hurt's Doctor was, I have been hoping we'd get a cameo from McGann and Eccleston, thereby completing the line-up since the Time War. Here's hoping the other part of that hope comes true!

:D