NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I've just watched The Rings of Akhaten and... I thought it was really good!

It was well-acted, had a solid sci-fi theme, plot development, good dialogue... The Doctor's speech when he "sacrificed" himself was stirring. I just felt sorry for Neil Cross, as I don't think he deserved the backlash over this.

I've just watched The Rings of Akhaten and... I thought it was really good!

It was well-acted, had a solid sci-fi theme, plot development, good dialogue... The Doctor's speech when he "sacrificed" himself was stirring. I just felt sorry for Neil Cross, as I don't think he deserved the backlash over this.

It's because people have grown to assume every episode will be action, run down corridors, evil monster etc.

It wasn't an amazing episode, but it was a good change of pace

Surprised about the lack of discussion of Saturday's episode.

Thought it was a decent enough episode, a few good laughs and some brilliant nuances, such as the Doctor's expression when Clara says ok to him telling her to stay put. Nice homage to Alien and other films.

Surprised about the lack of discussion of Saturday's episode.

Thought it was a decent enough episode, a few good laughs and some brilliant nuances, such as the Doctor's expression when Clara says ok to him telling her to stay put. Nice homage to Alien and other films.

Liam Cunningham is a cool actor so it was fun seeing him used, and it was certainly a nice self contained episode that felt very doctor who, plus the retro looking alien was very good

overall i'd say it was a decent episode

I thought it was a good episode and very glossy with great costumes, special effects, etc...

so... why couldn't they have afforded better rubber hands for the monster? like... seriously??

Its confirmed Doctor who exists in the same universe as Zelda! expect a Link cameo :p

Also there's a Goron taking a stroll in the background! :p

Erm...do you mind adding "MASSIVE SPOILERS"?

I can't believe you spoiled the Doctor Who/Zelda crossover, Retro. :angry:

I was referring to how

that is Tennant's TARDIS, not Smth's TARDIS.

I was referring to how

that is Tennant's TARDIS, not Smth's TARDIS.

Well, that confirms

that it's actually the Doctor, not the clone

Oh sorry @Cube you were serious!

I'm not clued up enough to notice a difference when it comes to that!

But hey, as @Serebii says at least it's not the bollocks clone Doctor! (worst get-out ever)

But hey, as @Serebii says at least it's not the bollocks clone Doctor! (worst get-out ever)

Yeah, but if it was, wouldn't there be more chance of Tennant coming back (in the lead role, I mean)? The way they're doing it makes it seem like it really is just a one-off.

The final episode title has been revealed

68496_637390729608291_746993706_n.jpg

I hope they don't actually reveal it to us, that'd be a bit iffy. But hey, River's back! :p

Wow, I thought "Cold War" by Mark Gatiss was absolutely brilliant! Great atmosphere, humour and something to think about.

Overall, I think Matt Smith's 3rd season has been much better than the first two.

The final episode title has been revealed

68496_637390729608291_746993706_n.jpg

I hope they don't actually reveal it to us, that'd be a bit iffy. But hey, River's back! :p

I hope he's called Bob.

Those last 20 seconds were a bit...odd. But other than that, I loved that episode.