NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

According to Wikipedia, Karen Gillan is older than Billie Piper was when she started on Doctor Who...but thats still younger than me. God I feel old lol

that can't be right she looks well younger...

According to Wikipedia, Karen Gillan is older than Billie Piper was when she started on Doctor Who...but thats still younger than me. God I feel old lol

Gillan is 22, Piper is 27...although as it started in 2005 Piper would have been 23.

Jesus. I would have figured she was older due to her pop career and everything. I knew she was young when that started but to me that was ages ago.

Suddenly I feel old.

The new companion is 21 (the actress is, anyway).

Edit: 22 now, it seems.

If one of the producers of Dr Who is now producing Coranation Street does that mean there is a possibility that Daleks will invade the street and kill the inhabitants. That would be nice. Also I wouldn't be surprised to hear a thumping soundtrack drain out any speech and Dues ex machina used as a plot device to explain Dedries knickers being stolen

20679_238022246798_500291798_3284559_4594225_n.jpg

New DWM mentions Steven Moffat (6), Mark Gatiss (1), Gareth Roberts (1), Richard Curtis (1), Toby Whithouse (1), Chris Chibnall (2) and Simon Nye (1) as the writers. Adam Smith, Andrew Gunn, Ashley Way & Jonny Campbell are directing.

Edited by Dante

How much does the Doctor "remember" about his former selves?

Pretty much everything, although he can forget a few things (due to having so much info in his head).

My Blu Ray set of the specials is on its way

Can't wait :) Not seen them in HD and I wanna watch End of Time again :)

Pretty much everything, although he can forget a few things (due to having so much info in his head).

The "I don't want to go" thing was touching, I was just curious as to what the Doctor was going to miss when he regenerates.

The "I don't want to go" thing was touching, I was just curious as to what the Doctor was going to miss when he regenerates.

I think they have kinda changed the regeneration thing this time round, before there never has been this sense of lose from the doctors point of view only from ours as viewers and even thats of the actor not the doctor himself.

I dont get when he renegerates

"I dont wanna go"

regenerates then he's happier than ever before

Well that just shows even more that even though he is still the Doctor, hes not the same person he was.

I think they have kinda changed the regeneration thing this time round, before there never has been this sense of lose from the doctors point of view only from ours as viewers and even thats of the actor not the doctor himself.
Yeah it was different this time round, they gave it the real sense that The Doctor had really grown into himself this time and loved who he had become, only to again be reminded of what his overall life as a Timelord involves 'sometimes I think the Timelords live too long'.

I think it makes for a really fantastic chapter in The Doctors story.

And yeah I was a little jarred by how differently he reacted once regenerated, I think he should have been a bit more reluctant to check his new appearance... given that he took it quite slowly from Ecclestone to Tennant, convincing Rose he was still the same person she had always known...

Yeah it was different this time round, they gave it the real sense that The Doctor had really grown into himself this time and loved who he had become, only to again be reminded of what his overall life as a Timelord involves 'sometimes I think the Timelords live too long'.

I think it makes for a really fantastic chapter in The Doctors story.

And yeah I was a little jarred by how differently he reacted once regenerated, I think he should have been a bit more reluctant to check his new appearance... given that he took it quite slowly from Ecclestone to Tennant, convincing Rose he was still the same person she had always known...

one thing I hated about this regeneration...there not being anyone there with him.

Matt Smith: 'My Doctor is less tolerant'

Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith has said that he will play the role in a different way to his predecessors.

The 27-year-old actor, who takes over from David Tennant this spring, told Doctor Who Magazine that he hopes to bring a new chemistry to the role.

"My character will be less tolerant than a lot of those who have gone before him," he said.

He added of his assistant Amy Pond, played by Karen Gillan: "And Amy's got real fire in her belly. But there's also great affection and love there, and we're developing that all the time."

spoilerchart.jpg

^ Spoilers already!... can't anyone just wait for the shows anymore!

Not in this fast-paced Internet generation. Everyone wants everything now

All I can see is Jimmy Olsen

I dont get when he renegerates

"I dont wanna go"

regenerates then he's happier than ever before

It's like he said - it's like dying for him. He may have the same memories but the old Doctor is gone, the type of person is gone. It's like handing over the memories to a whole new person with a different pre-installed personality.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" said the Dalek to the Doctor.

Brilliant. Needs to be turned into a folk song.

My Blu Ray set arrived

Watching it now...only on The Next Doctor which is upscaled so can't judge yet

Well that just shows even more that even though he is still the Doctor, hes not the same person he was.

Yeah but still he was the 10th doctor so with previous experience he must've known after he changed he'd be fine and wouldn't worry so much about regenerating

Yeah but still he was the 10th doctor so with previous experience he must've known after he changed he'd be fine and wouldn't worry so much about regenerating

That doesnt matter at all, if he doesnt want to change then he doesnt want to change. Weve seen that his personality can be pretty different sometimes after regenerating and he was happy the way he was. You could even view it as he said, as the Doctor pretty much dies everytime and a new version of himself is born.

That doesnt matter at all, if he doesnt want to change then he doesnt want to change. Weve seen that his personality can be pretty different sometimes after regenerating and he was happy the way he was. You could even view it as he said, as the Doctor pretty much dies everytime and a new version of himself is born.

I suppose your right

tbh i dont really know much about it i've on seen S4 and the specials

This scene sumed it up...

He was so comfortable and happy with who he had become, he didn't want to become someone new.