N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Still, it's less confusing than calling it Series 1 again. If they do in merchandise, say you ask your grandmother for Series 1 on DVD for Christmas...how the hell is she going to know which to get. Series 5 on the other hand, only one option

"Can I have series 1 DVD please nan, the one with the weird looking bloke with hair, not the weird looking bloke without hair."

Simple. :heh:

Perhaps they should just name them [Actor's name] [series] e.g. Smith 1.

I just think whenever a new production team takes over the helm they like to make it clear that their new series is a different beast to the previous. Of course it's all cannon and is really series 31, everyone knows this, he IS the 11th doctor but by calling it "new series" it just drums up more interest really!

Update - Called Series 5 now

Ok, i'm starting to see things, i clicked the link first and it had season 5 down, checked it again there says New series. Has to be called season 5 anyway, continuation of the same new storyline.

sigh seen reports that they are talking about possible romance storylines....why?! why? why?!!! Can't we just have an doctor who gets on with his assistant...

Totally agree - the lack of romance was one of the things that made Donna my favourite of the new series assistants.

New trailer looks good. I wonder if the quote above about Amy having to wear a skirt is anything to do with the Doctor dangling her out of the TARDIS at the beginning of the trailer. :p

sigh seen reports that they are talking about possible romance storylines....why?! why? why?!!! Can't we just have an doctor who gets on with his assistant...

Wasn't it more "there may be a romantic moment within the context of the storyline"? Like the fact the Doctor and Donna kissed, but it was because of sugar or something...

Totally agree - the lack of romance was one of the things that made Donna my favourite of the new series assistants.

New trailer looks good. I wonder if the quote above about Amy having to wear a skirt is anything to do with the Doctor dangling her out of the TARDIS at the beginning of the trailer. :p

You filthy minded person :P

Wasn't it more "there may be a romantic moment within the context of the storyline"? Like the fact the Doctor and Donna kissed, but it was because of sugar or something...

ya that would be much better rather than the whole Martha Jones thing, the Rose thing was alright cos there was chemistry there but Martha as a assistant seemed flat to me, no balance