Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

Good news for people like me...

GI: Will you have a score? I know I’m comparing Achievements versus Trophies, but people walk around and wear that score as a badge of honor. Reiner from the magazine has a Gamer Score of 35,000, and he’s Mr. Big Shot. I just cleared 3,000 and I think I’m doing OK. People like wearing that badge of honor, so how are you guys going to do that?

Harrison: We have something, which I can’t share with you today, but we are going to do something which is…how can I answer this without answering it. (laughs)

GI: Well, you can answer it! (laughs)

Harrison: So Gamer Points is kind of macro where that is persistent over all of the games that you play, and then you’ve got the micro based on the individual games. So that idea of being awarded for skill in that particular game, having that mechanism that arches over that entire library – we will have something that performs that function in a different way than points.

So its kind of like achievement points but not...hmmm. It would be great if instead of getting points you get stuff to use in HOME to decorate your house with. Rumour has it that this achivement thingy they have got in the making will start with Ratchet and Clank.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for people like me...

So its kind of like achievement points but not...hmmm. It would be great if instead of getting points you get stuff to use in HOME to decorate your house with. Rumour has it that this achivement thingy they have got in the making will start with Ratchet and Clank.

Something they should have had in place right from the start tbh.

Totally agree, they were gonna rip the achievement idea off eventually so why not at the start?

I was on Gametrailers the other week listening to the E3 roundtable and they said that Sony really need the achievement idea. They said that when it comes to multiplatform titles if people have a 360 and PS3 they will go for the 360 version due to having achievements.

Yeah, I agree, and is this only going to be in some of the games as well?

Those bits in particular have me gagging for the game!

Me too, that sounds really cool.

Some nice news for us Euro peeps

Sony has confirmed that the new slimline PSP will launch in Europe before it arrives in Japan and will be priced at EUR 169 as announced by David Reeves at E3 last week, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

Speaking at SCEE's special E3 event Reeves told the audience, "It will come out at 169 Euros in all the PAL territories at the beginning of September." The new PSP is due to launch in Japan on September 20.

A spokesperson for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz, "As David said in his speech last week, the new PSP will launch in early September and will be the same price as the existing one."

Whats that in £££££???

It will be the same price as the existing one...so £129.99 it seems? Maybe?

I was hoping for £99.99...

I'd say £129.99 is right, but are they going to do packages like america?

I suck at Lumines, how are you so good?!

I don't think i am good at lumines. You just have to keep playing it, eventually everything clicks and you get into it, and enter 'the zone' then you kinda create your own strategies on how to place the blocks so that your planning a move head almost and it all just goes from there.

PSP Lumines > Lumines Live > Lumines Plus.

I really like the game, but for me it's like 20 minutes then over. Dunno if it'c because I lose interest and stop trying as hard when it gets quicker. Gonna play it again tomorrow.

What's the battery life of the new PSP?

I believe it's 3-6 hours, could well be wrong though!

Oh and yes Takeo, for £129.99 you get Daxter PSP, Memory Stick, Family Guy on UMD, i'm sure it's the same in both USA/Europe. Which is a very good package.

On October 9th, the White PSP comes out with battlefront PSP in the package. Not sure if it comes with a Memory stick or anything else.

Again, it all seems a little bit up in the air at the mo, and i haven't seen anywhere letting you preorder it.

Well its all done now, got me a PS3 today with Motorstorm and Resistance. My username is Hero-of-Time so feel free to add me all 5 people who have a PS3 on here :)

I traded in a few games at Gamestation for it so it only cost me £150. The morons working there claimed that the offer with 2 games and a free pad wasnt on, I argued with them and told them my mate got his yesterday from here ( which he did ) the guy said he hadnt even heard of that offer so I pointed him in the direction of the huge sign they had hanging from the ceiling saying:

PS3 with any 2 1st party games and free pad £424.99

Needless to say he was humiliated and he gave me an apology, idiots!

Speaking of moronic gaming staff I took my MGS:PO copy back to GAME as the box was knackered when it arrived via their website. The girl asked me if I really just wanted to get another copy just because the box was tatty. I paid for the freaking thing and expect to have a mint copy seeing as it is new, so yeah if its not too much trouble I would like what I paid for!!!

Back to PS3, just downloaded all the E3 stuff and im on downloading Ninja Gaiden demo and GT:HD. Good times ahead, just need a headset now and im sorted.

Well its all done now, got me a PS3 today with Motorstorm and Resistance. My username is Hero-of-Time so feel free to add me all 5 people who have a PS3 on here :)

I traded in a few games at Gamestation for it so it only cost me £150. The morons working there claimed that the offer with 2 games and a free pad wasnt on, I argued with them and told them my mate got his yesterday from here ( which he did ) the guy said he hadnt even heard of that offer so I pointed him in the direction of the huge sign they had hanging from the ceiling saying:

PS3 with any 2 1st party games and free pad £424.99

Needless to say he was humiliated and he gave me an apology, idiots!

Speaking of moronic gaming staff I took my MGS:PO copy back to GAME as the box was knackered when it arrived via their website. The girl asked me if I really just wanted to get another copy just because the box was tatty. I paid for the freaking thing and expect to have a mint copy seeing as it is new, so yeah if its not too much trouble I would like what I paid for!!!

Back to PS3, just downloaded all the E3 stuff and im on downloading Ninja Gaiden demo and GT:HD. Good times ahead, just need a headset now and im sorted.

I'll add you dude.

Oh and my local Gamestation is full of rude bastards tbh. I bought a sealed copy of Zelda: TP in, to trade and he accused me of having a stolen copy and said i was on camera! This one bloke is so OTT. So obviously it seems alot of the Gamestations are full of retards.

I really like the game, but for me it's like 20 minutes then over. Dunno if it'c because I lose interest and stop trying as hard when it gets quicker. Gonna play it again tomorrow.

What's the battery life of the new PSP?

The only thing that slowly increases is the speed of the block thats falling, i love the fact that the different tempos of the different songs dictate how fast the sweepy thing gets rid of your blocks. Means on the slow ones you get some massive screen filling combos and on the fast ones you need to think fast and try not to screw yourself. LOVES IT

Anywhooo, anyone else not like where they've moved the speaker holes on the PSP lite/slim/1.5/after eight mint? It looks especially annoying on the white version i think, for this reason i'm going for the piano black one-lmao at sony's colours.

Well after initially not liking the machine im now coming to grips with it. I still havent had a great lot of time playing on it as I was knackered on the Saturday after getting it and yesterday I got hit with the worse bout of hayfever I have ever had. I did manage to play a bit of Resistance though and must say I love that game ( have yet to play Motorstorm )

Insomniac have done it again, sure its pretty must a standard FPS but its also fun to play with checkpoints placed pretty evenly, throw in the Skill Point system from the Ratchet games and you have got me hooked.

The PSN Store is a pretty nice setup aswell although I couldnt believe how much more stuff America has on theirs so I created an American account and spent last night downloading all the stuff.

I played Ninja Gaiden demo and was well impressed by that. Does anyone know what difficulty the demo is on as it seemed pretty easy and I remember I struggled on the XBOX version of the game.

One thing that I do miss is the achievements off the 360 games. Also the fact that you cant check messages from friends while playing a game is just idiotic.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!