Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2006/12/11/new_sony_viral_marketing_ploy_angers_consumers.html

New Sony viral marketing ploy angers consumers

Gamers across Web 2.0 are shaking angry fists at the latest alleged viral marketing campaign orchestrated by Sony. Piggybacking the YouTube bonanza, the company has hired "consumer activation" firm Zipatoni to create a false video-and-blogging approach to generate interest in their flagging PlayStation Portable handheld machine. The video/blog/ads featured people portending to be authentic PSP fans creating messages of love/want for the console, but were quickly uncovered by SomethingAwful.com's dedicated base as superficial facades shielding mouthpieces for the corporation.

Busted.

Wow. I'm definitely thinking of getting this now. I liked AC!D but i really want some proper MG action. Can someone who owns it post some impressions?

I've got the game, but although I played it for only an hour, I can say that it's fantastic.

I think that the idea to recruit new soldiers is great, you can make teams of four soldiers and swap between them during a mission.

The story is pretty good, like in every Metal Gear game. It's told in the form of comic.

The graphics is superb, probably the best on PSP so far. I don't think there's really much difference compared to MGS 2 or MGS 3 on PS2.

Anyway, if you have a PSP, you need this game. I should probably get back to it, too.

Picture005-3.jpg

Seriously... not counting the character model, that one horrendous crapper. PS1 style.

So basically, you are dissing the graphics of a handheld console. Where as no Nintendo handheld could even dream of churning out graphics such as this.

To base graphics on a low poly toilet, and on top of that, a handheld game.

Well theres only one word for this:

Idiocy.

Just face it. You are trolling. Be gone with you.

INFO GATHERED FROM LONDON'S http://www.threespeech.com event with Phil Harrisson (December 12th 2006)

Playstation 3 european launch within the first 2 weeks of March 2007, as explained to me, Sony's financial year ends on the 3rd week of March and therefore they want to launch before the next finanacial year begins. Judging that UK consoles always release on a friday expect the european launch on either the 2nd or 9th of March. Though a strong hint was that they are hoping to drop the playstation 3 on the 3rd day of the 3rd month (march 3rd).

On the same day as playstation 3's euro launch SCE are to distribute there march firmware update with features including:

multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the xmb and its features/ gameplay).

new xmb display options

new animations for audio playback.

new photo album options.

playstation store auto ressume

psp remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your ps3's content anywhere that has a internet connection)

Firmware will be constantly updated, with the view of a tv tuner and tivo like service to be available in the 3rd quater of 2007.

Also it is hoped that the same week as the euopean launch of the system will also see the worldwide launch of the ps3's HDip Camera (specifications to be announced at a later date). In terms of other accessories, Sony dont see it as a necesity to manufacture playstation branded headsets, keyboards or mice, as put to me by Jonathun of SCE's threespeech.com 'Third party companies can offer these accessories to the consumer at a price which SCE could not compete'.

A extension to the Sony online store will also make its debut in march. Titled 'Sing Store', PS3 owners will be able to purchase songs for there 'Sing Star' kareoke programme from a slew of artists and will also be given the option to view the songs purchased as music videos via the video playback option within the xmb.

In terms of the european online store, while still being extremley vague, a spokesman for SCE europe was able to explain that Sony would have no defense if they were to charge the european consumer more than in other regions as there are no extra costs on digital distribution as apposed to a product with packaging etc. So expect a $15.00 download to cost people in the UK around £6.50.

other notes-

PS3 will be sold at £425 or lower, meaning we could have it cheaper then the previousley stated price.

Dont expect to see 20GB models available in europe.

No VGA cables to be released.

No plans to make RSX available to Linux OS, due to security issues.

A service to reserve your playstation online id will be up and running this weekend or next.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!