NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Damn all you people that don't count Lumines as a great game, YOU NEED TO BURN IN HELL!

I only played lumines for a bit on my friends psp, but I thought it was horrible.

WTF

Bundle retailing for GBP 675

HMV's online store is now taking pre-orders for PlayStation 3 - providing consumers are also willing to purchase a 4GB PSP pack for a total price of GBP 675.

An email sent out to customers today says the deal will enable them to become one of the "lucky few" who will be able to pick up a PS3 at launch. It reads: "At HMV.co.uk, we've been working with Sony to offer up to 5000 customers an incredible deal when you buy the new Sony 4GB PSP.

"Anyone who takes advantage of this offer will get priority over other HMV.co.uk customers for the PlayStation 3." The deal also includes two PSP games - Killzone Liberation and Gangs of London - and the price for the bundle is listed as GBP 674.99.

According to the terms and conditions of the promotion, all consumers who buy the bundle "will take precedence over any other online HMV customers".

However, it's difficult to see who these other customers might be as a paragraph at the end of the email states, "PlayStation 3 solus console is currently unavailable to order from HMV.co.uk by itself, and we kindly ask customers not to contact us with regards to this." HMV's high street stores are not currently accepting PS3 pre-orders either.

There's no assurance that customers who sign up for the bundle will get their PS3 when the console launches on March 23. The terms and conditions of the offer state: "Delivery of any PS3 is subject to Sony�s delivery to HMV Guernsey. Accordingly, HMV cannot guarantee that registration on the Priority List means that you will receive your PS3 on the estimated release date, nor that your order will be fulfilled within any given time frame."

The offer is not likely to be well received by those consumers who feel that the price of the PlayStation 3 alone is already too high at GBP 425 - or by those who want to purchase a PS3, but already own a PSP.

A Sony spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz, "This is just one of a number of value added incentives that retailers will be offering to mark the launch of PS3.

"Consumers are free to shop around to find a package that best suits their own needs, and offers the greatest value for money."

www.gamesindustry.biz

All we can say is that HMV are stupid fuckers. :)

A Sony spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz, "This is just one of a number of value added incentives that retailers will be offering to mark the launch of PS3.

Damn all you people that don't count Lumines as a great game, YOU NEED TO BURN IN HELL!

If i'm honest, i did forget that. It's a good game though, your right.

Well to be fair to sony they are probably wanting demand to equal supply at launch so they don't need to ship extra ps3s during the launch window.

I'm keeping my eye on the USA 'Ratchet & Clank' review this week. See if thats any good, i'll definately be buying it if it's like Daxter.

Decided not to buy/preorder Chilli Con Carnage. Probably get it at a much later date or when it's around £15.99-£19.99.

Also considering 'PXL' or whatever it's called. WarioWare type game! Again, only if reviews say it's a very good game, otherwise i won't get it.

Thats it for PSP games this year though it seems....for now, anyway.

No announcements of new 'Sony' made PSP games soon is there? :)

---------------------------------------

No good games ZeldaFreak...it's not that bad:

Me and My Katamari

Medal Of Honour

MGS: Portable Ops

Daxter

Ridge Racer

Syphon filter

KillZone

GTA: VCS

GTA: LCS

Loco Roco

Everybody's Golf

Ape Escape

Are the best PSP games in my opinion though, it's a good machine overall, just lacking more of the titles like 'Daxter'. It's like Sony has kinda given-up on it.

However saying that, i'm definately keeping my PSP so i can download PSONE games onto it from my PS3, cannot wait to do that.

Theres a few games I would get but not the one that says I must buy one this instance. Advance Wars: DS was the game that made me purchase a n electric blue ds in america.

There actually isn't a game that made buy a 360 I just thought better get it now. When I got it in august 2006.

I just need Crisis core, then I will most probs go out and buy a psp

Has anyone played Metal Slug Anthology on PSP?

I used to love the Metal Slug games and I'm thinking of ordering it.

My sides are splitting.

It's not an incentive at £200 fucking quid.

Not if they gave you £200 if you buy a PS3...

Has anyone played Metal Slug Anthology on PSP?

I used to love the Metal Slug games and I'm thinking of ordering it.

isnt the Wii game more of an anthology?

QFT GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!

They arnt going to sell any if you have to buy a psp aswell :hmm:

There are big surprises waiting for you, kid(1).

(1) Always wanted to say that. 'Kid'.

They arnt going to sell any if you have to buy a psp aswell :hmm:

This is a country where fifa and need for speed top the charts. Anything is possible.

.......PSP.........Is this a desperate attempt to sell some. Im looking forward to playing PS3.

Has anyone who as a ps3 tried playing a japanese game on it.

Yep, it works.

My motorstorm is Japanese and so is F1.

Games are definately region-free. Sony Australia even confirmed this, the other day..so it says on IGN.

Blu-ray is still region-coded mind and will always be.

I have a JAP PS3 and I have a USA Game and a JAP Game.

All ok.

EDIT: Zeldafeak i got mine from the Metrocenter, go there.

I have a JAP PS3 and I have a USA Game and a JAP Game.

All ok.

EDIT: Zeldafeak i got mine from the Metrocenter, go there.

which shop in the metrocentre can you pm me plz or post

£550 for the 60gb, £450 for the 20gb, Games are about £50 i think and the console comes with a years warrenty.