NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Pilotwings sequel confirmed by EGM

http://gonintendo.com/?p=1892

The latest issue of EGM has confirmed that Nintendo is indeed working on a sequel to Pilotwings, which last graced the N64. A lot of us were holding out for a Cube version of Pilotwings, but we now know that the chance for that has come and gone. As with any magazine articles, if anyone could manage to get a scan of the article in question for final proof, it would be very appreciated.

Aww sweet finally a sequal .Man I can't wait for more news on this.Great find :D

Awesome, I spent countless hours playing the N64 version, It rocked. Can't wait for more info on this one.

Go Nintendo is wrong. The game is not confirmed, otherwise it wouldn't have been in the rumour section.

Pilotwings sequal and Bluth chicken dance in one thread, best thread ever?

Gamefront.de writes that the Pilotwings game for Revolution is only in the EGM rumour section. So I doubt it is confirmed!

Learn to fly, parachute, and use a jetpack. Originally on the snes, fantastic game

I've never played a Pilotwings game before either, but I'd probably give this one a go - according to reports from the people who've had a go with the Revolution controller, the 'paper aeroplane' tech demo, which this game may be based on in some ways, worked really well.

i'd say it was a given already....

one of the rev control demos was flying a bi-plane through delfino plaza after all.

but to see the game start to actually materialise is good news - especially given it's absence from rumours so far.

W00T!

I hope it's more like the SNES original rather than the N64 version.

Pilotwings on the SNES was such a great chill out game, mainly due to the fantastic soundtrack, which they really ruined on Pilotwings 64 with that cheesy music. But 64 did have some nice ideas, I liked flying through the Little States (it was way too ambitious though) I remember the borders took up like 40% of the screen and even so the frame rate was still pretty bad.

Anyway, a new Pilotwings game is long overdue. Can't wait for E3! :bouncy:

I hope this one'll include regular airplanes (preferrably jets), and maybe a few ground vehicles...

I used to take the gyrocopter and drive arround on the ground till the fuel would run out... The surroundings looked so great even THAT close!

Always good news, i'm just not a fan of the game really...

I owned an N64 late in its life and i've never had chance to play this game... lets hope this news is true.

Fingers crossed. FHC control should be awesome with it.

I just noticed how everyone in this thread is talking about the N64 ver, i've noyl ever played the snes version what's new in N64?

Must be a good game for everyone to hype it up, it looks crap in the screenshots on Google images.

I dont think this is confirmed as the scan is taken from the Rumour Mill section of EGM. I hope its true though but looking at some of the rumours. Another DS redesign? (I hope they are talking about the lite)

EGMRumorsMay5th.jpg

Sorry don't want to be a party pooper.

Sign in to follow this