Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

Would you guys stop forwarding messages from Harribo and Ant? The whole point in being banned is that they can't post, not that they can ask other users to post for them.

They have the right to appeal to they're ban, either via PM or email but posting is definitely not allowed and certainly won't help any appeal.

I think any one who posts the abbreviation "GTFO" should get a 2 day ban and ReZourceman (how ever his name is spelt) should get at least a weeks ban for his signature.

That abbreviation is just getting annoying, Telling people if they don't do something they should stop using this forum is just ridiculous and some of the phrases people are using "GTFO" in are completely in appropriate for a so called "Family Forum".

What were we all saying about arrogance, patronising behaviour and members actually being treated with respect for a change?

Moaning is just one of those words I use in a not-so literal sense. Any issues, concerns, questions, comments etc that are forwarded my way. I know they have their use and importance, but at times it would be nice not to have to deal with it.

And respect is a two way street, as they say. All I seem to see from you lately is nitpickery and twisting what are often off handed comments from staff that you are misintepreting and then turning it against us.

Im currently trying to familiarise myself with the rules, could you confirm this ;

- Before starting a new thread, look down the first page of the board, if there is already a thread relating to the same area, post in that. Make sure the subject line is a good summary of what the thread is about, don't make it misleading, and avoid use of CAPS LOCK and '!!!!!!' If the post is image intensive please include a "(56k warning)" for those still using dial-up connections.

- Don't bump old threads. The basic rule is that if the thread's last post was over a month ago and the thread has fallen beyond the first page don't post in it.

I assume the second rule overrules the first?

Im currently trying to familiarise myself with the rules, could you confirm this ;

- Before starting a new thread, look down the first page of the board, if there is already a thread relating to the same area, post in that. Make sure the subject line is a good summary of what the thread is about, don't make it misleading, and avoid use of CAPS LOCK and '!!!!!!' If the post is image intensive please include a "(56k warning)" for those still using dial-up connections.

- Don't bump old threads. The basic rule is that if the thread's last post was over a month ago and the thread has fallen beyond the first page don't post in it.

I assume the second rule overrules the first?

There is no need to overrule. A careful reading will show you that they do not contradict each other.

In what way does it "get messy" if we bump an old thread?

I think it supposedly confuses new members who signed up after the original thread went down to the second page. I would guess that they get confused when they see a thread they've never seen before and then that it was started in before they signed up. Some people just can't put 2 and 2 together so they can't figure out it was bumped.

Try not to get too anal over the tiny intricacies of rules - they're all to be enforced at the discretion of the moderator anyway. There are some new rules coming which should make things clearer (or muddier maybe :p). The new rule will be:

Don't bump old threads.

Why? Because old threads that get bumped can be confusing, and every now and then it's good to have a fresh start anyway.

Old threads that are bumped are bad, okay? The rules are up to the mods, now personally I wouldn't expect someone to make a new thread because a recent smallish one has fallen to page 2. The idea is if something new has come up today (something in the news, a new movie revealed, etc), make sure you have a quick look to prevent creating a duplicate topic. And don't bump things from a long time ago or where the topic has ended, just for the sake of it. If something hasn't been discussed for 2 months, there's no harm in creating a new thread if a new development arises. That's how I personally would enforce it. But if another admin or moderator decides that a double thread was a good idea then that's their choice to enforce.

After all we have the ability to move posts and merge threads so in the end it's usually best for the convenience of everyone. I really don't understand why you're all arguing over a rule like this. Arguing about banning is something I get, but this is a rule we (and many other forums) only have for the sake of the ease of navigation for our users. It's not there to make us look good or anything, but for everyone else's sake.

If you still have a question about the clarity of the rules, let me know. As Mr_Odwin mentioned we're looking to tidy up the rules section a little bit soon so hopefully this won't happen again.

Cheers,

Use you're brain? Some topics are OK to bump, others aren't. It's pretty obvious which is which.

Why is it some of you guys are in the mood to be very, very pedantic at the moment? Lighten up or GTFO ;)

Hey!

Leave the frog out of this. Oh....you're telling him to leave? Well...good.

Guest dynastygal

Why is the slightest hint of disagreement automatically labelled as 'arguing' on here (notably by mods and admins)? Are we expected to all get a long like peas in a pod or what?

In what way does it "get messy" if we bump an old thread?

Well if nothing else, it means people may have to read through x amount of pages about a subject. Topics tend to get repeated, im sure we've had several "How was your day" topics before now. Bumping those would have just meant people would have to skip from the past to the present, how ever many pages that may have involved.