NEurope

Why dont u just ban them instead of pussyfutting around and seeking lame excuses? Which is what youve basically admitted to doing.

From what I saw, all motion did was insult others tbph.

From what I saw, all motion did was insult others tbph.

Anyone who reads through the Mac thread will agree with you instantly.

I think he deserved to be banned, though he did have a few good points recently.

Why did Feilds get banned?

Well, I've never read the Mac thread, but I've seen him insult others (mods, myself and other members) in a couple of topics.

Surely the point of the new warning system is to curb problems like this. If its a decent enough system, which is what it looks like, then motion will either carry on and get banned or the system will work and he will sort his act out. It doesn't make sense to ban him now.

By the way, why were people saying rokhead was banned? His name isn't crossed out....or did I read wrong?

Surely the point of the new warning system is to curb problems like this. If its a decent enough system, which is what it looks like, then motion will either carry on and get banned or the system will work and he will sort his act out. It doesn't make sense to ban him now.

Some people are impatient though...

Some people are impatient though...

Thats not really fair. We have a new system in place, have faith in it.

Thats not really fair. We have a new system in place, have faith in it.

And i agree, but it isn't my decision. The power of ban falls to the red names

By the way, why were people saying rokhead was banned? His name isn't crossed out....or did I read wrong?

People were saying why wasnt Rokhed banned.

Has my infraction been removed?

Yes, Shorty painstakingly went through all the infractions, getting rid of them.

As for this ban... we've been talking about banning them for over a week, but now probably wasn't the best time to do so. As for the list, few people are left, and the most of them should never get banned. As I said before, it's only a list of people who were constantly causing arguments.

Yes, Shorty painstakingly went through all the infractions, getting rid of them.

As for this ban... we've been talking about banning them for over a week, but now probably wasn't the best time to do so. As for the list, few people are left, and the most of them should never get banned. As I said before, it's only a list of people who were constantly causing arguments.

Is it possible to see the names please?

Is it possible to see the names please?

Ask an admin, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say.

No, its really not.

"The List" as you lot are calling it is fairly empty now. All the trouble makers have basically left.

I'll put it this way, if you don't cause trouble, you come here just to chat and have a laugh then you have nothing to worry about. Trust me.

We ban users, not because we feel like it, or because we have vendettas but for the good of everyone here. We don't like arguements or mindless flaming, that isn't the NE, RE or even CE way of things.

No, its really not.

We don't like arguements or mindless flaming, that isn't the NE, RE or even CE way of things.

But as has been pointed out - arguments aren't against the rules.

I think in ithe interest of fairness and honesty we should be allowed to see this "List"

Confused in where to put this so I post it here.

I'm bitterly disappointed in Motions banning. Granted, yeah, he did do some flamebaiting however he was a solid chap. I loved him because he was so similar to me, it rare to find someone like that, someone who you had shared the same experiences with. *sigh*

I can't help to think the original creators of this place would be happy with admins/moderators constantly disappointing their public like this.

No, its really not.

"The List" as you lot are calling it is fairly empty now. All the trouble makers have basically left.

I'll put it this way, if you don't cause trouble, you come here just to chat and have a laugh then you have nothing to worry about. Trust me.

We ban users, not because we feel like it, or because we have vendettas but for the good of everyone here. We don't like arguements or mindless flaming, that isn't the NE, RE or even CE way of things.

Ive been here for ages and havent seen anything like the shitstorm that this list nonsense has caused recently. And why oh why havent you got rid of rokhed if your getting rid of troublemakers. Your staff have been confrantational and unhelpful to people on your list with the sole reason of not liking them. It is clearly a vendentta against certian people for god sake your msn had something along the lines of "I hate (certian member who was banned)" on it the other day and several other staff have had the same attitude.

Im sure some of your bannings have been justified but I think the way the admin have gone about it has been pretty damn poor.

I still think Harribo and Ant's bannings were unjust. Though i can't really argue with the rest of the bannings..

I still think we need more reasons though, we all want to know why, which i think is understandable? And we nver seem to get proper answers half the time.

Banning motion now doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The new warning system was created with people like motion and Fields in mind. You say there aren't any exception to forum rules and "once banned, you're banned for life" but while implementing the warning system you've just proved that there are exceptions to some rules. In this case motion and Fields are the exception, it just doesn't make any sense.

Generally I've think the admins and mods do a pretty great job. Honestly, no one can expect you to please everyone. However this warning system has taken a bit too long to put into place. After putting the system into play, within hours, you then undermine it. Whether I think motion or Fields should be banned is unimportant in this point. Whether you think motion and Fields should be banned is also unimportant. They both deserve to be here under the new system. As I have said it is in place to help the forum, banning them under the old system isn't helpful or productive. If you reinstated them we can see if the warnings work, if they don't, fine, they are banned thats them gone and no one can complain. If the warnings do work thats even better, we get to keep two regular enthusiastic members, and everyone knows where they stand.

This is meant to be a community but there seems to be a massive break in communications between a lot of the members and some of people in charge round here.

The very first of the new rules says

Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Forum administrators reserve the right to remove those that we do not want to be part of our community.

The new rules and warning system has not been undermined at all.

The new rules and warning system has not been undermined at all.

You can't seriously believe that?

Look, this "list" wasn't written through grudges at all. I wrote it based on who I thought was causing the most arguments - I like some of the members on it, and would hate to see them banned.

All motion did was cause arguments, he was the one member of the forum who deserved to be banned most. It seemed every-time he started using a thread there would be an argument spanning the next section, and not just a little argument.

He should have been banned back in the days before the Wii came out because of a nationality discriminatory comment he made against me (I think it was in the Zelda thread).

Banning motion now doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The new warning system was created with people like motion and Fields in mind. You say there aren't any exception to forum rules and "once banned, you're banned for life" but while implementing the warning system you've just proved that there are exceptions to some rules. In this case motion and Fields are the exception, it just doesn't make any sense.

Generally I've think the admins and mods do a pretty great job. Honestly, no one can expect you to please everyone. However this warning system has taken a bit too long to put into place. After putting the system into play, within hours, you then undermine it. Whether I think motion or Fields should be banned is unimportant in this point. Whether you think motion and Fields should be banned is also unimportant. They both deserve to be here under the new system. As I have said it is in place to help the forum, banning them under the old system isn't helpful or productive. If you reinstated them we can see if the warnings work, if they don't, fine, they are banned thats them gone and no one can complain. If the warnings do work thats even better, we get to keep two regular enthusiastic members, and everyone knows where they stand.

This is meant to be a community but there seems to be a massive break in communications between a lot of the members and some of people in charge round here.

This post echos my thoughts on this situation.

What has happened totally undermines whatever the admin-ship of N-E had in mind when coming up with the 'clean slate initiative'.

I'm now half expecting telescreens to start popping up in my browser, and a new thread entitled the ninth 3 year plan. Should we start using newspeak too now?

Double plus bad you guys.