N-Europe

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody!

Owen

Anyone getting this? It's been released at quite a low price (on VGP).

Anyway is supposadely much better then A Wonderful Life with loads more events and people to talk too, Animal Crossing style graphics, the chose to build numourous farms and alot of other stuff that was missing from AWL. Also theres supposadely a rival farm which tries to out-do you!

Alot of opinions has stated that it's very similar to 'Back To Nature' which will most defanately please fans of the series.

So has anyone ordered it or is going to buy it when it's released in the UK in May/June?

I reckon this will be my last GC game (if you don't count Zelda which really is for Revolution). So i hope to get alot out of it! AWL was really good but there just wasn't enough in it for me, i suppose playing Animal Crossing didn't help!

:awesome:

I'll definately be getting this! I loved A Wonderful Life, even though it was different to others in the series and so if this one is better then it'll be quality!

It's like the GBA version in my opinion. It's all a bit over-whelming. I'm going to stick at it though!

What i have noticed is there are loads of events, your not waiting months for something to come along! I have a flower festival, egg competition and horse-riding this month of course i can't do any of them because my farm looks a complete mess and i have no chickens, horses or flowers, maybe next-year!!

Also the graphics really do go well with the game, there pretty 'cute' to be honest!

Here's a trailer for anyone wanting to know what the new Harvest Moon is like.

9929-t_harvestmoon_mm_gp_gt.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9929&pl=game&type=wmv

I found with Harvest Moon on the Gameboy that as you got further into the game there was always SO much to do before 5pm (when the buyer arrives), that you had next to no time for just wandering around, you just didn't get any free days!

All this to save the farmland from a theme park development, which quite frankly I'd have liked to seen built and visited!

I'm planning to get the DS version so I'm not sure if I'll pick up both. I don't import GC games but I might think about buying it once it's released here. I get so addicted to Harvest Moon at first, it takes over my days everytime.

I loved Wonderful Life but after playing a while it really isn't that rewarding so I stopped playing. I'm waiting for the more exciting Harvest Moon game on DS, Rune Factory. Looks awesome, online too.

rune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024113458.jpgrune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024110724.jpgrune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024109739.jpg

Rune Factory is spin-off of the Harvest Moon series, part of a re-invention of the franchise for its 10th anniversary. Described by producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto as Harvest Moon where you wield a sword, the game has being developed with the idea of creating a fantasy world in which the player exists, rather than the standard type of RPG where you play the role of a hero and work your way through a storyline. You are able to capture monsters, raise them on your farm, and add them to your adventuring party

Rune Factory's network mode seems to be somewhat limited. Players will be able to exchange messages with friends and open up a shop to sell items. There should be a few other network features beyond this, although we've heard nothing about actual cooperative play.

More info(and screens):

http://ds.ign.com/objects/695/695645.html

I loved Wonderful Life but after playing a while it really isn't that rewarding so I stopped playing. I'm waiting for the more exciting Harvest Moon game on DS, Rune Factory. Looks awesome, online too.

rune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024113458.jpgrune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024110724.jpgrune-factory-new-harvest-moon-20060118024109739.jpg

More info(and screens):

http://ds.ign.com/objects/695/695645.html

^ Yeah thats why i stopped playing it, i sold AWL to buy Magical Melody, so i'm hoping theres more to it! :grin:

Guest Stefkov

if its about the same as friends of mineral town but with longer sdays then i might consider getting this. A wonderful life, i must say did get a bit slow paced, with thte clock going too slow also there was that hut that you could never open. they put it in the finalgame but had no use for it so you couldnt open it.

i might actually go back to it. try and play it. but its a bit slow paced.

i fell in love with harvest moon when my bro was playing i think on the emulator version of one of them. then i saw harvest moon 2 in the shops, the one for the GBC. this was electronics boutique in the arndale centre in manchester. which is now gone. :(

but i efll in love wit hit, i saw in an NGC mag that a wonderfu life was coming out and i was crapping myself i was so excited.

but it didnt turn out how i wanted.

even though theyre by the same people im gonna get harvest moon ds and rune factory. id love a new twist on harvest moon.

and without going any more on about my life story....i might get it

I preferred Harvest Moon on the GBA to GC, there was more to do and the days were faster.

I read a bit more about Magical Melody and I think I will get it as well as the DS version, just at different times maybe.