N-Europe

Anyone got there Leeds or Reading festival tickets yet?

Went Leeds last year and loved it, Tried to get a weekend ticket for either Leeds again or Reading this year but the site was fucked and i had no luck on the phone line...I should have queued up outside the Astoria after work but didnt think gahh!

When the site finally came back Leeds and Reading Weekend tickets were sold out :(

I may get day tickets but i dunno, ive seen most of the bands playing but damn it would have been good, nice lineup this year despite some of you lots opinions i think there are plenty of good bands worth going to see and more to be added for the NME/Radio 1 tent no doubt.

The reason they have sold out so quick is cos there is no Glastonbury this year!!!

Last year Reading tickets took about a month to sell out and Leeds weekend tickets you could still pick up about 2 months after they were released! Damn Glastonbury people + Ebay MOFO's taking my ticket! grrr. Ah well.

I feel your pain... :(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all rubbish man. Hopefully more will be released but then no doubt the same thing will happen again i.e site down, phone lines engaged!

If they do release more i wouldnt mind a bit of notice then i would queue up outside a mean fiddler place like the Astoria and get tickets.

Well I got my confirmation email through so I don't know whether that means you do have the tickets or not?

Yeah, the first year I went to leeds you could get them up until the day.

Was caught out last year because they sold out a lot faster than normal.

I really wish they'd sort things out and do something to stop the bloody ebay ticket sellers.

Couldn't they just make you tell them the names of the people you're wanting the tickets for when you buy them, then you'd have to show some sort of id corresponding with the ticket when going in.

Surely the solution is as simple as that and if it is as simple as that then why the hell aren't they doing anything to stop the ticket touts.

Yeah, a one album band that were popular for 1-2 months, it was the killers last year, monkeys this year.

It's these fucking fags that buy tickets up and sell them on at double price, they should be lined up and shot.

^

I think it's a fluke too that AM have managed to sell 370 000! Yeah why have the biggest band in the country co-headline. it makes no sense (sarcasm). I've liked them for nigh on 10 months now and they're releasing some great new songs next month. I think it's safe to say they won't be a 'one album band' for too long.

anyone know how you get the parking passes?

In referance to the touts why can't they just put the name of the buyer on the tickets and when you go to the festival you have to take some ID with you to get in with that ticket. Or did glasto try something like that last year.

To be honest it would probably be expensive to set up for Mean Fiddler and they're not going to waste the directors of the company's holiday fund are they. They sell all the tickets these days and that's all they're bothered about

I'm annoyed. It's not meant to happen like this. If anyone has accidentally bought extra tickets, and fancies shifting them without dirtying themselves an lowering themselve to the level of a tout, then I would be very interested.

In referance to the touts why can't they just put the name of the buyer on the tickets and when you go to the festival you have to take some ID with you to get in with that ticket. Or did glasto try something like that last year.

Yeah, Glastonbury did that last year. It was a bit of a pain to have to take along some ID, but it did put stop to touts for the most part. Few people just buying dodgy tickets from a dodgy source, even fewer for fake ID and dodgy tickets from a dodgy source. Also whilst selling tickets on for a profit isn't illegal (yet) selling dodgy ID is (as far as I know).

Calm down. You may not like the bands so far, but they have only told us the big popular bands so people rush out to by a ticket. They still have the Dance tents and the NME/Radio 1 tents to announce, they are allways amazing. Plus the sunday line up isnt even finished!!

Dont worry about so many new bands. Its only to sell the tickets, there will be some decent stuff there trust me.

I got a day ticket for the Sunday in Leeds (Muse, Arctic Monkeys day). Also got my girlfriend a ticket for Easter, which she doesn't know about yet... ;)

Christ, I've got a busy few months...

23/04/06 Arctic Monkeys – Blackpool Empress

25/04/06 The Flaming Lips, The Go! Team – Apollo

08/05/06 Hard-Fi – Apollo

10/05/06 Richard Ashcroft – Derby Assembly Rooms

12/05/06 Radiohead, Willy Mason – Blackpool Empress

17/06/06 Richard Ashcroft, Razorlight, The Feeling – Old Trafford Cricket Ground

18/06/06 Foo Fighters, The Strokes, Angels & Airwaves, The Subways – Old Trafford Cricket Ground

27/08/06 Leeds Festival (Muse, Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dirty Pretty Things, The Futureheads, The Cribs, Wolfmother)