N-Europe

copying the revmote?

monkeyDluffy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X O /\ [] is an icon.

They wont copy it it's not good press for the PS3.. I think what is more like is they try and sell a PS2 controller that does it.

They have the USB ports, it's a pretty powerful system still.. not far what Revolution promises to delivery, and they have it installed in 100 million homes and in the shops at £99 price point.

How could that fail? Games.. Nintendo will have better games development, WiFi and the back catalogue.

I'd say chances of a Revolution-esque free hand controller for PS2 launching in the near 70% region, chances of one PS3? slim and none.

I know the rumour that Sony's anti-Rev strategy may be to use PS2, but I can't see why such separation is so important from "rep" point of view.

People know very well that both PS2 and PS3 are SONY's. If you make a peripheral for one, that's it - people know Sony's stolen an idea, for better or worse. Any ego or whatever else is gone.

Also, backward compatibility problems arise if there is a discrepancy in input interface between PS2 and PS3. Like, if you play PS2 Dance Dance Revolution on PS3, surely you should be able to just plug in the old dance-mat into PS3 (rather than buying a new one)?

I'm not saying PS2 won't have revmote add-on. I'm just saying, either both PS2 and PS3 will have one, or neither at all.

Come on people, quit being so paranoid. Just because you think Sony always steals Nintendo's stuff (which they don't) doesn't mean they'll do it this time.

Sony just can't copy it and I'm sure they don't even want to.

Of course Sony copies ideas, all compansy use ideas from one anouther, but I'm not going to be parinoid about it, they comfermed a virtual console (only because the 360 and rev can do it, other wise they wouldn't have even though of the idea), but i dought they would copy a motion senser, as games are allready being made just for the FHC, sony wouldn't want to scare away developers by sundenly changing. But the ps4 will probaly have some motion thing, if Nintendo's FHC works out ok.

Last time I checked Sony stole nearly every Nintendo innovation and multiplied it by 2.

Shoulder buttons in the NES, lets put 2 on the PS1

Analogue on the N64, lets put 2 on the PS1 'analog controller' (without rumble pak)

Rumble pak for the N64.. crap, lets stop selling analog controller and release the 'dual' shock with 2 rumble packs in each arm of the controller

Wireless in the GameCube wavebird.. what do you know? Sony copy that too.. but instead of making it four player they double it to 7 player.. it would have been 8 if bluetooth would allow it.

How the hell any TV can handle 7 players simultaneously through one PS3 I don't know.. but whatever.

I think it's fair to say Sony copy a bit.. and lets not mention how the Playstation was originally a Nintendo project that they commissioned Sony to experiment with but abandoned disc based media due to loading times.. but someone at Sony thought there was still a market for it.

And backwards compatibility being emphasised at GDC with the PS3? Where have I heard that before? Sony HUB? I don't think that would exist if it wasn't for the success of Nintendo WiFi and to some extent xbox live.

Lets move onto the PSP, why is that here? It isn't to steal the market that the GameBoy has dominated since the 80s is it?

Sony copied only logical, easy to implement functions of Nintendo's consoles. Those things weren't even invented by Nintendo, they were just late with the Nintendo 64 and advances allowed them to implement stuff like analogue sticks and rumble. Then Sony 'stole' them and improved over them, offering dual shoulder buttons, improved rumble and improved analogues. Sony innovated themselves with the Eyetoy and dancepads but people tend to forget that.

Look - because Nintendo made logical improvements on normal gaming hardware, which only made sense and only became affordable some years into the Playstation's lifetime doesn't mean that Sony will copy the Revolution controller because Sony always copies Nintendo. That just doesn't make sense.

Sony innovated themselves with the Eyetoy and dancepads but people tend to forget that.

If I remember correctly, a long time ago, well before sony even mentioned the eye toy, nintendo had plans to make a camera based game, also look at the game boy camera, although im not sure if that counts.

Guest Stefkov

im sure i read somewhere that the ps3 has wo output ports, maybe this is to do wit hthe 7 player controller thing, it wnt work on one tv so theyll add another prt so they can play on two tvs.

why cant we all just be friends. nintendo and sony were once together you know, sony was meant to make some disk thing for nintendo, but they went off and made a console for themselves.

nintendo and sony were once together you know, sony was meant to make some disk thing for nintendo, but they went off and made a console for themselves.

That disk thing was called the playstation and it was going to go underneath the snes. Interesting, no?!

That disk thing was called the playstation and it was going to go underneath the snes. Interesting, no?!

Actually it was called the Snes CD-ROM. And as you said it was an addon for the Snes.

But after the falling out sony decided to start there own console, that console then bacame Playstation.

Im thinking they are gonna copy it, because they will realise what a good idea it is. The revmote offers normal gaming control, AND cool "ima jedi knight" motion based control. The revmote gives opportunities like no other.

If Sony doesnt make the senso-wand their main controller, not everybody will own it, and games for the wand-senso will be fewer. So if they just makes it an addon, it wont make a big difference. But if they makes it a MAIN controller, Nintendo will have some close competition.

I think Sony has enough time to copy the revmote if they want to. They could just copy a gyro mouse and a lightgun. But it isnt just the controller that makes machines sell, it is the games. And Nintendo makes good games.

If I remember correctly, a long time ago, well before sony even mentioned the eye toy, nintendo had plans to make a camera based game, also look at the game boy camera, although im not sure if that counts.

I think it was a camera for the N64 and should allow faces of the player in Perfect Dark but was abandoned due to ethical reasons.

I doubt that Sony fully copy the FHC mainly because they wouldn't have enought time for the developement. Nintendo presented the FHC at TGS and Sony will launch their console at the end of 2006, that means they have about a year time to copy that technology and I doubt that's enough.

However, the pad could offer some tilt sensors, it wouldn't surprise me.

sony will not copy it. i would think the avager person or casual gamer has no idea about the FHC and when they first see it in action i think it would be taken as a joke or a gimmicky extension. then again that is the market nintendo are aiming for.

if sony did do it it could very much bomb as the target market is very different from nintendo. they could lose the generation battle before it began.

Sony copied only logical, easy to implement functions of Nintendo's consoles. Those things weren't even invented by Nintendo, they were just late with the Nintendo 64 and advances allowed them to implement stuff like analogue sticks and rumble. Then Sony 'stole' them and improved over them, offering dual shoulder buttons, improved rumble and improved analogues. Sony innovated themselves with the Eyetoy and dancepads but people tend to forget that.

Look - because Nintendo made logical improvements on normal gaming hardware, which only made sense and only became affordable some years into the Playstation's lifetime doesn't mean that Sony will copy the Revolution controller because Sony always copies Nintendo. That just doesn't make sense.

Do you seriousley think that they improved the analogues?

The analogues on the PlayStation controllers lasts longer, but they're CRAP! You can't do anything with them other than hurting your hands.