NEurope
david.dakota

F Zero GX - Have you unlocked the AX tracks?

I heard some time ago that F-Zero GX has a massive unlockable feature - all the AX (arcade) tracks. I've certainly done pretty well with only Two Expert GP's to complete (the AX tracks are apparently available after Expert is completed).

Anyone managed this yet?

One of my best mates has, but I haven't (wish you could copy the data for it). It is possible.

A couple of the tracks are really good and one is just that oval from Story Mode Lv. 1 and I can't remember the otehr two. I wish the game was easier to unlock characters too, I've got all the left hand ones (one/two my mate did for me) but I want the Taxi driver and stuff!!!

that game was way too hard for me, even when i was playing it regulary, when it first came out. now when i try and have a go on it it kills me straight away. too many games these days are far to easy, so it was good to be tested for a change.

No I haven't. The game is too bloody hard. So hard that it stopped me from actually enjoying it....

TBH, not really a fan of F-zero..:heh:

I just haven't finished 2 story levels on very hard. You need to finish every cup in Master to unlock AX. If you want the AX cup, prepare for some pain!

i completed the game 100%, its just one of them games u must do that with

AX cups are awesome aswell

no you dont have to finish it on expert, but i thought you must finish it on master? Which is... like unreal hard.

I've unlocked the AX tracks, and it was probably the hardest thing I've ever managed to do in a video game (along with completing the challenge mode in Polarium). I spent days and days trying to do the cups on Master Setting, locked in my room, replaying the same courses over and over again. But it was worth it - the AX tracks are among the best in the game, IMO.

After doing that, though, I didn't have the willpower to try and unlock the AX drivers. Usually I like to unlock everything in my games, but I admitted defeat with the GX story mode on hard. It's the same in SSBM: I've got all the trophies except the Diskun one - I just don't think I could manage to get all the bonuses, especially the ones such as 'complete the single player mode without getting hit'.

I would have to say that Im an F-Zero nut but Ive not managed this, the game rocks but I just lack the will power to continue losing all the time trying to get that unlocked, sob.

Yes F-Zero is stunning. Finally completing the Diamind cup on the hardest setting is to experience pure gaming ecstacy. It's bloody hard thoughand took me months of practice. You just gotta keep trying - this is proper hardcore. It's worth it for the AX tracks though - they're all among the best in the game. The Meteor Storm level is my personal fav.

If you think the main championship mode is hard though, you should try the story mode. It's just as hard on normal - I've been trying to complete it on hard and it's bloody impossible. The Grand Prix level in particular is murder. I want those AX vehicles though, but you need to complete the story mode on V. Hard to get them. Is the human system even capable of achieving such a thing. Has anyone actually unlocked them?

i completed the game 100%, its just one of them games u must do that with

AX cups are awesome aswell

Sweet monkeys on pogo sticks, you were able to finish the first story mode level in very hard? Kudos to you sir.

The extra characters are impossibly hard to unlock!!! You just have to keep trying and trying and trying. The only things I've done that with are this, Mario Sunshine 'bonus' levels and Smash Bros. Whack the thing, haha, Home Run

Sweet monkeys on pogo sticks, you were able to finish the first story mode level in very hard? Kudos to you sir.

I completed the game 100% too. And it's not impossibly hard... you just need some love, experience, free time, and a little bit of electrical power to keep your TV and GC on. Ok, i admit it was fucking hard.

I did it, you must learn to kill ennemies to win... counting on your drive skills is not enough.

Sad you can't copy the data between memcards :indeed:

Does anyone know of where there are action replay codes to unluck the AX tracks. As I haven't got the time to sit and try to unlock them.

I've searched the code junkies website & there doesn't seem to be any codes to unlock the AX tracks.

I don't usually use codes, but wouldn't mind playing these tracks.

Arrrgh, screw this, I'll come back to those AX racers later. I think I'll kick back and start unlocking those disco videos I've been hearing about.

AX and GX have difrent tracks? I didn't know that :smile:

I was in London 15 Dec. 05 and at this three story arcade place they had a AX machine so of course I had to play. Its awsome how this thing tilts and stuff. Maybe I should get Fzero GX.. I never bothered to get it earlier :heh:

:o you don't have it adrian? Shame on you.

It's amazing... But I'm not good enough to get the AX tracks :(

completed story mode but no way in th world the cup.

the diffiticulty is great for the game, it gave it a great edge to it

I'll give you all a hint i think that made a big difference to me, and i don't know why.

I remember i used to try and try and try to finish the first cup in master, its the only one i ever finished, or maybe it was the last cup on expert, either way, i tried and tried and didn't get anywhere near.

So after about a week of this, i went back to try some more, and instead of selecting 60hz mode, i selected 50hz, and i did it in my first go. The game was strangely ALOT, i mean ALOT easier. Master is STILL hard, but in 60hz is impossible. Also when in 50hz, i finished most hard bits of the story that i was also stuck in.

I can't understand how the hz effects the game, but i do know there is a speed difference, but when i played in 50hz, the computer seemed easier and layed off more regardless of the speed of 50hz.

Weird eh?

Interesting tip there, FAZ. I don't really understand what difference it'd make either, but if it worked for you... I did it in 60Hz, though.

My tip would be, like someone said already, learn to kill as many other crafts as possible, with the sideways attack. If you're in a decent enough craft, you can get rid of the person just behind you right at the start line, if you hold back for a bit, so the other craft gets to your level. The first course of the Diamond Cup is good for knocking others off (although it's very easy to fall off yourself, so be careful), as is the Fire Field track in the Diamond Cup (that was the only one I ever destroyed 10 crafts in one race). Going after your rival is obviously a good idea, too.

What else could I suggest? Well, if you don't come first (or thereabouts) in the first race of a cup, just restart the cup - it's not worth carrying on if you're behind from the start.

Memorising the boosts is a good idea, too, especially in the first track of the Emerald Cup.

Overall, though, just stick with the craft you feel most confortable with. For me that was the Astro Robin - I wasted quite a bit of time trying it out with crafts I wasn't really used to, just for a change.

EDIT: Just thought of a tip for the Big Blue course on the Emerald Cup - if you're near the end of the last lap, and you're really far behind (so far that you can't win the cup), just try bashing yourself against the walls on the final straight. I did that when I beat the cup, and the force of my craft exploding threw me into the air, past at least ten other crafts and over the finish line. :grin:

Basically, though, a lot of it's down to luck. :p

..whats the most amount of crafts you've ever knocked off in a race? ..mine was 21 on trident.. I don't have any proof though :(

My maxim knocked out crafts was about 15 +/-.

Yes, knocking them off (specialy rivals) may give you a big advantage in the end and by each 5 you knock of you earn an extra live, wich may come in handy. Why don't you try using a custom made car? I can't get some of you guys, no offense, but i find mario kart DS's 150cc cups harder than the master cups on f-zero gx (except the diamond one). Now what was insanely hard was the story mode on very hard. I can't remember what i unlocked with that, it was a long time ago.

I've knocked 22 on a firefield I think. Only thing left is the first mission on very hard. I don't see how the is it even possible...