NEurope
DiemetriX

IGN get their own dev kit

hahaha! i knew that nintendo were sending out preliminary devkits to the various companies.... but that sounds so shoddy! they are even handing out a cheapo version of the FHC!

funny bunch... keepin secrets like that! its like handing nasa a cardboard box model of the next shuttle and saying "work with this"!

well, e3 will be worth it. cant wait to see whats coming out of the box.

I'm happy about that.. less effort to move my thumb. wonder what haapened to X/Y

PS. so much for using it sideways lol.

" the controller and its attachments plug into existing GameCube development hardware. "

He, this proves the point we have all been making about it being a gamecube addon originally

" the controller and its attachments plug into existing GameCube development hardware. "

He, this proves the point we have all been making about it being a gamecube addon originally

indeed, miyamoto suggested that a few months ago, not directly, but he said something like only 5% of gamers buy acessories, so a add-on wouldn't fare that well, if not built from the ground...

For example, eye toy, how could we somehow expect every developer to use it, if it isn't even standard, it's a lack of time and optional, thus we would have some games made by nintendo for it and that's all, the idea would go to waste and make little impact, and could be stolen for other next gen consoles earlier. (as a add-on maybe)

Remember that revolutionary add on Nintendo was supposed to reveal some E3s ago? Yeah, this must be it. Anyway, this is a really old SDK, it's not very significant. Still it's cool to see the FHC is small.

wow the FHC is small,hope it's still easy to play for people with big hands,I remember watching something on TV saying the GC controller was to small.

That's not actual size, i just compared my controller against the card one in ONM and the fhc is longer that way.

wow the FHC is small,hope it's still easy to play for people with big hands,I remember watching something on TV saying the GC controller was to small.
that's just because they have nothing else to say... they said for example that fat people would get their hands stuck in the N64 controller (I'm not fat but I find it hard to be true)... they'll have plenty to nitpick in Revo controller but I simply don't care.

On GC... I have the biggest hands I know off , I never even played N64 using the middle handle I played it like I play Gamecube, and still GC one seems quite natural for me, they shouldn't blame the manufacter when they simply didn't found the best playing position in the controller.

I kind of imagined the Cube and Rev A buttons to be about as big. I hope it's slightly bigger, those NES buttons look awfully small.

I gotta agree with the NES buttons looking too small (I know that isn't actual scale, but still), I'd also say the D-pad is a little on the too small side too, I'm not keen on the GC D-pad and it seems smaller than that!

That's the same size as the one I made from IGN's original specs. It fits my hand very well :)