NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The fish

Miyamoto and Peter Ancel knighted!(but not the really good British Knighthood)

Not only in the World Wars, at lucerne (dnt kno exact date) 2000 Swiss soldiers were fighting alongside french soldiers trying to protect the French king, and u kno what the French did?

They frickin took the king and ran away leavin those 2000 soldiers to die.

Tossers

Fact is, name me a country that has never done something like that; you'd be hard pressed not to. The Early Medieval/Medieval periods were full of stuff like that.

I could offer you up a lot more information about the french being completely dominant in battle, but this thread is already way off topic.

edit-Also, you forget(or were uninformed) that these guys were hired mercenaries. They were not allies. They were fighting on, doing what they were told to do. Also, a lot were probably the Kings bodyguards; in the Swiss Armoured Pike Man vain, so they would rather die than let the king be captured.

But why should ancient wars have any bearing on opinions now?

Because it is used for all sorts of things. e.g. if someone says something about the dire state of Africa they get accused of being racist and that they should remember the Slave Trade. this gets used alot so where do you go?

As someone who openly critisises every country in the world i would like to get away from historical reminders but they keep getting thrown back at me.

and i have a dislike for the french. Reason 1: they are hipocritical e.g. they want the British to cut E.U. subsidies to their farmers but wont do the same themselves. Reason 2: their president. He openly relates with the worst scum on the planet. one of these being Robert Mugabe. the man who models himself on Hitler. Reason 3: they are quick to critisis britain on all sorts of E.U. contingencies but dont bother making sure they follow them themselve.

i wouldn't say that i hate them i just dislike them.

Back on topic i think that Miyamoto wont be cracking out the champers for this, lets be honest.

France is frigging awesome, and I'll tell you why: Audrey Tautou, Clemence Poesy, the band Air, and the movie Harry, He's Here to Help.

Fucking hell, how did I forget Jean Reno? That guy could kick the shit out of a gang of bears, and eat the corpses raw.

I can't believe so many of you are saying you hate the French just because you've had bad experiences with a few of them. There are just as many British idiots as there are French idiots, you know. I'm living in France at the moment, and I've noiced very few differences between the people living here and those living in England.

It's a shame that this rather racist thread has been allowed to carry on for so long.

Well I suppose you could account it to historic events such as the invasions and such and maybe thats a reason for a national dislike, but a hatred if you've never even been to France is a bit much.

I've been twice, and I have to say the majority of French people I encountered were rather stuck up and obnoxious to us, be this because we're lovely holiday makers I know not. But I do know a few decent French people.

Now Spain, I hate that country [got nothing against the people, they're spot on (Except for this one woman in a supermarket who didn't show any commitment when serving anyone)] but it's so orange! the grass is like cardboard and I will not be disputed on this, wherever you go, there's an old bloke on the side of the road [complete with dog] selling oranges. Nice people, cheap b33r, semi decent f00d [picky eater as you may know], shame about the landscape.

Want some on topic? Here you go. The Shiginator deserves the shizzle, nice to see Bruce Willis is getting some respect also.

It's a shame that this rather racist thread has been allowed to carry on for so long.

you express a view and you are racist. well that is the wat the world is now i suppose.

I know, you can't say anything these days without being branded a racist. How is saying you dislike the French racist? Grow up.

Oh and by the way, I hate the French. And the Germans.

I think alot of the enmity between France and England is down to the history between the nations, the 100 year war, and basically just the Fact England stopped the French having as big an empire as they otherwise would, and vice versa.

The fact centuries old grudges are held also fuels it, people sense the enmity there and return it.

pretty pathetic.

But yeah, The Brits and French both suck.

To be technical even if you call them french then you are being racist as you are acknowledging their race and using it to descriminate between them and others.

To be technical even if you call them french then you are being racist as you are acknowledging their race and using it to descriminate between them and others.

We'll just call them the people from the country across the sea south east of England then.

Oh and by the way, I hate the French. And the Germans.

And you're telling me to grow up? :indeed:

I'm sorry, but saying you hate someone just because of the country they come from is utter xenophobia. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you came across a thread where a load of French people were saying how much they hated the British, just because they'd met a few British chavs.

We also pay lots of money to support their farmers, while our farmers go through such hard times.

-But back to the thread topic, I agree to an orginal post, whats the point in a knight hood if they don't have a royal family, just seems really stupid.

A survey? Wow then the opinion or information of a select group of people is absolute fact. And the armpits thing was an example of another bullcrap generalisation.

Also France has loads of immigrants. The south is like a Morrocan district in some places. And remember the Paris riots? Immigrants.

The arse thing was in referance to Bidets.

...Erm..yeah...it is fact, which has nothing to do with opinion. It doesn't mean all are, they're averages and such y'know, if you don't know how things like that work....

And yes, I know about the Paris riots and that, I felt really sorry for France at that time to be honest, I hope the cops showed them a thing or two...I know the British ones wouldn't :hmm: The pussies!!

Yeah...there is something called a bath and shower in which you clean yourself you know :heh:

I don't hate the French anyway, I just generally dislike them (all my French teachers being bitches probably hasn't helped), but I dislike most countries, including Britain, for different reasons. All countries have their bad points, and different types of dickheads that u meet, it's just the way it is.

There was once this French bird stayin in the same hotel as me in Malta; she was HOT AS!!!

And you're telling me to grow up? :indeed:

Mate, you need to get a sense of humour.

I call bollocks on that one. Acknowledging a race and discriminating a race are two different things. Case in point - I can see that Mr. T is black. Is that racist? Of course not.

I call bollocks on that one. Acknowledging a race and discriminating a race are two different things. Case in point - I can see that Mr. T is black. Is that racist? Of course not.

Indeed. That acknoledgement = Racist thing REALLY pisses me off!!!...Like REALLY REALLY.

Right. I'm locking this right now.

If certain individuals would like to carry on, then by all means join another forum. And be careful not to let the door hit you on the way out.

Sign in to follow this