NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy 12 gets a perfect score.

Well a lot of people put Final Fantasy X down. But I enjoyed it, however, it was my first ever Final Fantasy game. Hopefully this will be good.

I enjoyed Final Fantasy X alot! I was literally in love with VII and IX too. Im a huge fan of the series, and im really looking forwards to playing the new one.

Its got sky pirates. Anything with sky/space pirates immediately warrants my attention ;) Which reminds me, Rogue Galaxy is another RPG that looks pretty interesting;

rogalaxy070.jpg

More at http://www.rpgamer.com

I personally adored VII, thought that VIII had fantastic characters but fell apart towards the end, and didnt think much of IX and X. I havent yet played the demo, but Im glad that theyre trying something new in this series; the slide for me from VIII hasnt been too promising, so Im keen to see if they can pick it back up again. Looking forward to this.

________

Digital Vaporizers

Edited by Johelian

Lucky for me I have never played FFVII. I have had it for quite awhile, and since iv just finished Tales of Eternia. Now might be a good time for me to finally see what all the fuss is about this game.

Lucky for me I have never played FFVII. I have had it for quite awhile, and since iv just finished Tales of Eternia. Now might be a good time for me to finally see what all the fuss is about this game.

It was probably best you played it earlier, I've started playing it again and I can't believe I didn't notice the awful, awful translation - a lot of things said really don't make any sense. It's kinda ruined my memory of it. :(

Still a fantastic game in every other respect though. ;) Probably the best FF (Well a tie between VI AND VII IMO)

You haven't been spoiled about a certain event in the game with made the game so famous have you?

It was probably best you played it earlier, I've started playing it again and I can't believe I didn't notice the awful, awful translation - a lot of things said really don't make any sense. It's kinda ruined my memory of it. :(

Still a fantastic game in every other respect though. ;) Probably the best FF (Well a tie between VI AND VII IMO)

You haven't been spoiled about a certain event in the game with made the game so famous have you?

Unfortunatly yes. Also I know Seph isn't quite right upstairs.

I haven't finished an FF game yet, got to last disc on 7, hardly played 8 (a bit pooey imo) got to last disc of 9 and last boss of 10, never played 10-2, and 11 was the biggest load of BS ever, maybe this'll be the one! Will have to buy a PS2 tho, don't have one of my own, besides I want ICO and Shadow of Collosus anyway!

I can't seem to hype myself about this one, the trailer looks like a game that I already played like... 10 times already... I'm not interested at all in it... not saying it's a bad game, as I've never even played it... (not even the demo)

but it seems to fail in the story department, the main character is just... "man, I wish that was a girl" but he isn't :shakehead

It's again the romance with a boy and a girl and the misteps of a empire... dear god... I feel like puking

anyway, if the game came my alley (gamecube) I'd buy it, it's just that I wouldn't be hyped about it... but yeah, I buy all the FF's that come my alley.

Its got sky pirates. Anything with sky/space pirates immediately warrants my attention ;) Which reminds me, Rogue Galaxy is another RPG that looks pretty interesting

Yeah agreed! From Level 5 (?) I think, the creators behind the excellent Dark Chronicle series. Read a review of it in GamesTm and it looks awesome. The environments seem on par with Dragon Quest in terms of awe and beauty.

Have my doubts about Final Fantasy XII, haven't loads of key memebers left S-Enix? I remember something about a key producer being bought by Microsoft and the Uematsu fellow who does the music has gone independant.

This will be another entry in what i consider the greatest series of games. I have loved every FF gam, IMO they cannot be beaten for the sheer amount their games posses. It's been a long wait an they have messed with the winning formula, but I still reckon this will be an amazing game.

Have any websites got any new footage yet??

Gamespot and IGN both have decent movies on show.

Still don't like the look of it, seems like the rest and the graphics are a bit jag-central.
well it's a PS2 game... you can't really make miracles.

that's not what makes the game worse... it only makes the graphics better.

but did you see the oficial trailer? how cliché is that?

Gamespot have got some new videos up of the just released Japanese version... what have they done with the music!? It all sounds the same! Apparantly the guy who does all the Final Fantasy music (Noburu something...) has left. :( Is this true!?

The battle system looks a bit awkward too, but that's just my opinion.

Nobuo Uematsu did indeed leave to make his own studio, but he still works on Square games as well. He did a little work on FF12, but I don't think he did it all like he usually does.

Nobuo Uematsu did indeed leave to make his own studio, but he still works on Square games as well. He did a little work on FF12, but I don't think he did it all like he usually does.
all in all FFXII isn't seeming to be worth that 40/40, but that's just my opinion...

I heard he only composed the games theme tune, all the other stuff on the soundtrack is by other guys...

all in all FFXII isn't seeming to be worth that 40/40, but that's just my opinion...

Maybe, maybe not. But I do think that the way it's change has added to the score, instead of been in the stale same battle system for years thing. Famitsu has never given a 40 to a FF game before though, so there is something there making it good.

I also thing people are scared of the change and that is why they are giving it negative feelings, people too scared of this change of the series, it will get alsorts of mix feelings, but at the end of the day I'm sure it will be a great game to play.

I heard he only composed the games theme tune, all the other stuff on the soundtrack is by other guys...

That be probably false. I'm sure he doesn't compose everything, but he's an hell of a composer. S-E is losing their all their great assets it seems :/

He felt the work rate was too high/fast at S-E, so he decided to set up his own studio and work at his own rate.

Didn't enjoy 10, as a result didn't look at 10 part 2.. and laughed off 11's subscription costs.

12? hmm, my PS2 broke so I would need to buy a new one to play it.. don't really see the point now y'know?

Grrrr PS2 game :nono:

Im not going to buy a PS2 even if this game is most likely going to be its best...

Ding ding, we have a winner.