NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Wonder Woman (2009)

So fucking good! Exceeded all my expectations. Could actually be a 15. Way more brutal than I thought, actually having beheadings, impalings and general brutality and joking about sex and death all over the shop.

Very funny in parts too.

I just love how DC is so good on the animated front. Seriously great, especially as a fan of the character, it dealt with her "origin" exceptionally well, in a mature(er) way (than I thought they would).

8.8/10

is that a cinema release or a tv filmy thing?:

An "Original Animated Movie" by DC. Just on DVD. (Possibly TV in US, but made for DVD)

Really good though. VERY surprising. I mean, JLU had moments of this kinda humour/maturity, but was still hampered by being PG.

And WW is still a kickass cartoon in the vein of the best action that JLU offered. :D

I actually havn't seen Total Recall.

All I know is that Arnie is in it and that there is a woman with three boobs.

Wonder Woman sounds fairly interesting. Partly because of Nathan Fillion. It's a shame that Warner Bros didn't like Joss Whedon's idea.

All I know is that Arnie is in it and that there is a woman with three boobs.

Wonder Woman sounds fairly interesting. Partly because of Nathan Fillion. It's a shame that Warner Bros didn't like Joss Whedon's idea.

He's very good in it. I forgot he was in it, and kept wondering where I knew the voice of Steve Trevor from. He and kelly Reilly (think thats her), who's Wonder Woman have very good chemistry, unusual in an animated movie!

It's also very digestable at like 70 mins, but very well paced too!

[/stops going on about it]

Dyson, you used to be someone I could trust, you're a disgrace to men everywhere :(

The Dark Knight

This lass I know bought it me for Valentine's Day, but only gave it to me last night.

I can't help but watch this and feeling "...meh", Heath is good as the Joker, and watching him bullshit Batman it still perplexes my mind as to how people could grasp this simple concept. It's an alright film, but not something I could watch that often.

Eight and a half/Nine Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

I can't help but watch this and feeling "...meh", Heath is good as the Joker, and watching him bullshit Batman it still perplexes my mind as to how people could grasp this simple concept.

Eight and a half/Nine Shabba's

You mean couldn't?

So you give an 'alright/meh' film 8.5-9/10?

You mean couldn't?

So you give an 'alright/meh' film 8.5-9/10?

It would save people time by not bitching [as much].

I only saw the first half, so long ago that I might as well not have seen it.

It's on my "to-see" list.

I'm in the agreeing area with both EEVIL and Dan here, it should be a sin to not see Total Recall.

And for the second movie on the coin toss

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Jim Carrey stars in one of his best "serious" movies where he wishes to erase certain areas of his memory (see the thread about such a pill). Brilliant movie, good story which can get confusing in parts if you are drunk.

9/10

I still don't think I could watch that film due to the hilariously bad costumes.

They're supposed to be like though.

I still don't think I could watch that film due to the hilariously bad costumes.

They're part of the whole plot, and trust me, once you read it, it'll make perfect sense.

Oh dear...

Next Friday. 1:30. Leicester Square. Row H. Dead centre. IT'S ON!!

Why is this thread always appearing as having a new post by Daft in it, when I always just see Ellmeister?!

*perplexed*

Hot Fuzz

Saw this in the cinema when it came out, but just saw it again on DVD. Good film, the story is put together really well and there are some brilliant comedy moments. Love the Bad Boys II reference. But its not just a comedy as people might think from a Simon Pegg film, its an action/drama/comedy type mixture. Good stuff, not really a film i would watch over and over though.

8/10