NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

In the sense that it's not the star's best movie, and yet the film is about nothing but the star really! Not my confident answer.

Currently watching 8 heads in a duffel bag because I saw it and remember seeing a vaguely positive review on Richard and Judy when I was like ten, or something... Well the truth is it's a shit film! Shit in teh vaguely enjoyable sense. Shit in the 'oh, they wanted to hire john cusack but couldn't afford it so got a shitty look-alike' sense. It reminds me HUGELY of Weekend at Bernie's, except it's nowhere near as good. In fact, fuck it; I'm not going to bother with the last half-hour.

Hancock had such potential and then just went stoopidly over the top and I lost interest really, it wasn't awful, some elements were fun!

I've never heard of 8 heads in a duffel bag, WAB is awesome so maybe I should try and give it a watch......or maybe not if you didn't fancy it to the end!

In the sense that it's not the star's best movie, and yet the film is about nothing but the star really! Not my confident answer.

But who is the Kindergarten Kid?!

Hancock had such potential and then just went stoopidly over the top and I lost interest really, it wasn't awful, some elements were fun!

I've never heard of 8 heads in a duffel bag, WAB is awesome so maybe I should try and give it a watch......or maybe not if you didn't fancy it to the end!

Well WAB was way better at the farcical dilemma. 8-heads is in a very similar vein, so you may well like it.

But who is the Kindergarten Kid?!

Ahahaha! Roffles! They should totally make the Kindergarden Kid though. Imagine the hilarity.

The Bourne Supremacy

Matt Damon goes back packing around Europe, is anally molested by relatively few customs officials. So that's good then.

Wall-E

What a pleasent surprise. Exceeded my expectations and then some. The film oozes charm, it's astounding how they've given two little robots such character. Great for the kids, yet deep and thought provoking for the older audience. How family films should be done.

8.5/10

:heart:

Lovely.

The Bourne Supremacy

Matt Damon goes back packing around Europe, is anally molested by relatively few customs officials. So that's good then.

You seen ultimatum yet?

The Truman Show

For a fair while, back in the day, this used to be my favourite film. I can see why - the concept is still really interesting and perhaps even more relevant with half of TV these days being hidden camera shows. Carrey is overblown as usual but not as much as he often is, and it sort of fits in this. Only film I don't hate him in.

The gloriously fake feel to the Island is brilliant and Truman's gradual realisations are nice to watch.

8.5 / 10

You seen ultimatum yet?

Yup. Basically more of the same, only this time filmed by someone chasing after him with a mobile phone.

Yup. Basically more of the same, only this time filmed by someone chasing after him with a mobile phone.

Hell no, Ultimatum is severely better than the first two. :heh:

Hell no, Ultimatum is severely better than the first two. :heh:

Don't get me wrong, they're good films. It's just when watched sequentially, it looks like the lead camera man is coming down with an increasingly severe case of Parkinson's disease.

Na it's not. Going back after Ultimatum, it looks decidedly tame by comparison.

That's why I like it. Ultimatum was too over the top.

The Duchess

A relatively engaging story (I nearly cried towards the end), set at a fast pace so as to not bore audiences, and a great performance from Keira Knightley.

My only quibble is that no one seemed to age at all, and the fact the story was unfulfilling (but that's to be expected with a historical drama).

7/10

step brothers

oh my god my body hurts from laughing. i went it grumpy at the length of the trailers (35mins! i feel they owe me money for that) but almost as soon as the film started i got into it, i havent laughed that hard to a film in years. there were some bits that actualy slayed me.

i don't think its as quoteable as anchorman (which my friend though was going to be a super hero movie, but i digress) but i think i enjoyed this more, at least for the first view.

9/10

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Oh...My...Fucking...God...?! What have they done to Star Wars? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME HAVE THEY DONE TO IT?! Okay, the prequels weren't exactly wonderful, BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE, THIS IS JUST LIKE HAVING SHIT RUBBED INTO YOUR EYES!

At first, I had a bit of hope. After the god-awful voice-over intro, it showed a bit of hope. The animation was quite unique, the action was well done, and the score wasn't too bad. Then, everything went to pot. The battle droids suddenly gained the personality of a mentally challenged child, frequently making mistakes not even the most idiotic human being could do, annoying characters appearing (for example, the female jedi apprentice, Ahsoka, Stinky -shudder- and that fucking transvestite Jabba the Hutt thing), an bad storyline (rescuing Jabba's son from kidnappers to gain access to their trade routes, WTF?!) an increasingly bad music score, extremely inconsistent animation (one minute, everything was extremely detailed, the next, it looked like it was rendered on a fucking N64. Also, other problems include often extremely undetailed scenarios, backgrounds that look like that they were compressed as a GIF file, and Count Dooku's beard. Seriously. You could almost count the pixels on it.) and strange inconsistencies in the plot (how did Anakin know instantly that it was Ventrise who was using the force to control the clone trooper?! It could have been anyone for all he knew), an incredibly annoying script, and blablabla. I could go on for a while, but I really cannot be arsed.

The positive of this film? Well, the dogfight scenes looks quite good, and there were a few moments where the animation looked good, but they were few and far between.

I would have forgiven most of the mistakes if it was 3 episodes instead of 1 long film being broadcast onto my TV screen on a Saturday morning, or even as a TV movie, but no, I payed fucking money to see this, and my god what a waste of money it was.

One last thing. FUCK YOU GEORGE LUCAS! FUCK... YOU! Seriously, there's no-way in hell that I'm ever paying to see another Star Wars film in the cinema after this. No... Fucking... WAY! From now-on, I'll be sticking to the original trilogy, a few books/comics and perhaps the occasional decent Star Wars video game, but when it comes to cinema... FUCK NO!

Guys and girls, do not waste your money on this film, in fact, don't even download it, don't waste the fucking bandwidth and precious space on your HDD to download it. It really is not worth it.

3/10 (3 points for being good for the first 5 minutes and the few half decent dogfights)

Don't get me wrong, they're good films. It's just when watched sequentially, it looks like the lead camera man is coming down with an increasingly severe case of Parkinson's disease.

I love the way their filmed. It's Greengrass, all his movies are that way. I personally find it benefits the movie. Anywho, they're not good films. They're okay films. Ultimatum, however, is a great film, an action masterpiece, both identity and supremacy fall flat to it's feet. Too over the top? Don't really think so, all it does is follow the books and provide formidable action, without being nonsensically über-powered. Seriously, Bourne Ultimatum is the best of it's kind. Not that there's any real competition, but for whatever it's worth, it's the king of the genre, no sweat.

The Strangers

Wow! The cinema was packed, and everyone thought the same thing. It rocked!

The first time we got to see one of "The Strangers" the whole audience went "Ooooooooh!" - it was brilliant. I've never experienced that in a cinema before. It made everyone jump so many times, it was unbeliveable. The one thing that bothered me slightly was the end, but I suppose they couldn't of done it any other way.

Such a great suspense movie, something you don't usually get done well nowadays.

8/10

Jump Factor: 10/10

I went to watch it last night and i was suprised by it, better than i expected also. The cinema was quite full last night n all! There was one idiot in there who kept making random noises to try and scare ppl!

I love how people are surprised by the new star wars number being shit. I mean, what exactly did you expect? It's a franchise that's been in freefall since it was relaunched by the prequels and The Clone Wars was clearly going to be the worst yet. Purely a kids film without the subtlety of, say, Pixar; a launch platform for a morning tv series of all things and yet adult fans still attended in droves and were shocked by the thing? you're all fools!

I love how people are surprised by the new star wars number being shit. I mean, what exactly did you expect? It's a franchise that's been in freefall since it was relaunched by the prequels and The Clone Wars was clearly going to be the worst yet. Purely a kids film without the subtlety of, say, Pixar; a launch platform for a morning tv series of all things and yet adult fans still attended in droves and were shocked by the thing? you're all fools!
I only went to see it due to partial obligation by my -shudder- older brother, since seeing it was really the only way I have a chance of seeing The Dark Knight in English (since I have to travel to another part of my province to do so)...

Basically, if I had the choice, I wouldn't have gone to see this movie even if I was payed to do so.