N-Europe

Opera DS

christophicus

it should be pretty swift

I out this here because,its the technicle capabilities that im wondering about.As far as i can tell there would be no way for the ds to store cookies permanintly,which means you you would have to log in every time you visit,and at that im not sure if it would be possible.Doesnt the ds only have 4 mb of temporary storage?

I out this here because,its the technicle capabilities that im wondering about.As far as i can tell there would be no way for the ds to store cookies permanintly,which means you you would have to log in every time you visit,and at that im not sure if it would be possible.Doesnt the ds only have 4 mb of temporary storage?

It has some permanent storage also, but it's used mainly for your wifi settings.

A quick question, would the access to the internet being limited by the wi-fi spot, for example is it possible for the wi-fi spot to block certain things (eg. sites with swear words on?). So if someone set up a wi-fi adapter on there pc, would the internet be controlled trhoguh the pc. Would the ds hold faverites, history etc, or would the pc/wi-fi spot.

A quick question, would the access to the internet being limited by the wi-fi spot, for example is it possible for the wi-fi spot to block certain things (eg. sites with swear words on?). So if someone set up a wi-fi adapter on there pc, would the internet be controlled trhoguh the pc. Would the ds hold faverites, history etc, or would the pc/wi-fi spot.

I'm pretty sure your favourites would be stored on the cartridge. I don't think Wi-Fi hotspots hold any data like that.

Opera ships in 2 packages, 1 for classic DS 1 for the DS lite (presumably in all 3 colours)

It will make it for a worldwide launch while the TV tuner is destined for Japan owners only (mainly because their TV networks are broadcasting for small devices already and we're not)

Opera will be a full functional browser, it will support java script, but not java or flash.. so it's gonna be a pretty good browser basically.

It should be fully featured, I'm hoping for an RSS reader. Basically you access the Opera browser from the DS cart in the main menu, and the browser cache will be stored on a GBA flash card which is being supplied with the system. Hence the need for 2 packages, 1 for DS lite so the cart is flush with the systems edges.

Presumably it will store favourites permanently and settings for websites.. but if it doesn't you can always use a service like del.icio.us. Aparently GMail relies heavily on javascript but it should theoretically work.. here's to hoping.

Rendering speeds can be difficuilt to tell, the wifi network capacity is pretty big, the rendering speed of the processor (images, etc) will be the limiting factor when viewing a website I expect.

Here's to a whole lot of hoping.. Opera have a lot of experience and the video I've seen and the 'full screen' scrolling rendering using the touch pad looks like a great idea. I have faith they'll pull out something that rivals any mobile phone, PDA and the flash and java loss is worth it by not carrying a laptop around.

I'm also hoping the flash card can be used for downloading files, including patches to the system.