NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
penic99

Zelda delayed to Autumn and Rev confirmed for 2006

Linky

Reggie has confirmed that Zelda: TP has been delayed until Autumn (probably to coincide with the release of the Rev). He reaffirmed that Revolution will be realeased this year. Also mentioned was that the original model of the DS will be phased out after the release of the DS Lite. :kiss:

I couldn't get the link to work, but if it's true I couldn't be happier. A big, perfect Zelda to look forward to is going to be the highlight of my year! The last time a Zelda suffered so many delays we ended up with Ocarina, and look how wonderful that was/is.

Good news. For me anyway....

Knew it was going to happen but not impressed AT ALL.

Now make it a Revolution launch title and stop trying to sell more Gamecubes using this game now please Nintendo, thats my motto.

Why they didn't say 'it's going to come out next autumn with the Revolution' when they first delayed it is beyond me, instead of giving false hopes with saying it will be out Q2 2006.

::shrug:

Aaaargh!

Well if it's going to be delayed that long then they may as well have made it a Rev title as it'll hardly help the GameCube if it comes out at around the same time as the Rev with Rev capabilities... It would make more sense to have it as a Rev title and use it to launch the Revolution properly.

One good thing about this is that my birthday is in September, so hopefully I'll get enough cash together to get a Revolution and a few games at launch and maybe TP on my birthday if it's released by the 27th but if not I'll just have to spend a bit more :P

Good news that the Revolution is definately 2006 but we kind of new that anyway even if they weren't sure. Iwata said he'd like the console out before thanksgiving didn't he? That's in November if I remember correctly.

This was fairly obvious, i don't see why everyone is so supprised.

im quite annoyed that we have to wait this long for zelda, if its fall for US then what is it for europe. if he meant worldwide release in autumn then ok, butif its just US then what about us.

NOOOOOO!!!

DAMMIT!!!

Then I won't be able to get Zelda untill NEXT SUMMER, since I'm going to go through MILITARY EDUCATION between July of this year and June of next year!

CRAP

Fall 2006 Japan I just hope we get the game in 2006 aswell. To be honest this title won't be that good because it is a mix between GC and Revolution. Hybrid games are not very good mostly.

Yeah I don't mind waiting for Zelda if it's going to make it all the more fantastic!!

Only it really should be upgraded to a Revolution title now!

i don't understand why so many people are so shocked by this, from reading the news here and in the magazines for the past few months it was pretty obvious this was already happening.

i think with the revolution coming nintendo are simply no longer wishing to rush the new zelda out to capitalise on the GC market before it shuts completely, and are now more than happy to finish the game properly knowing they can hit both markets at once.

Ahhh! I think I'm going to cry.... And then kill myself...

you do that then...

other then that, great. it comes out before xmas, i got lots to save up, what a wonderful outcome

Headlines:

-Company phases out old product in favour of new one. shock horror.

-Nintendo Revolution to be released in 2006

-Zelda delayed

nothing new there, it's obvious they will be released together, it will be launch.. but they need to play it carefully.. retailers want to know when the game is coming out because they'll lose pre-order traffic. Guesstimating when a game will come out as best buy did last week gets you no-where.

But obviously it will launch together and they can't give the game away.

I've had my pre-order down on t:p since the game was first confirmmed, yes a long long time ago.

It is still a Cube title, so i think it will come out some weeks before revo-launch. Or else there is no reason to keep it as a Cube title.

I think this pretty much confirms that Zelda will have some sort of extra content for the Rev (compatible with FHC). This is what I expected and this will be a good for Revolution.

Sign in to follow this