NEurope
Towers

Elder Scrolls 4

From what I have seen, you will stuggle with those specs, I know they have released the recommended specs and that you come in the bracket, but seriously the 5200 is really old now and not capable of much at all, especially not the 128mb version. Anyone who wants to play games on their PC should always have between 1.5 and 3 gig of RAM too, 512 just doesn't cut it. (I'm not flaming, just giving some advice).

As for the PC vs 360 arguement, if the xbox version of Morrowind is anything to go by, be prepared for disappointement. The PC version was smooth and quick, ran well and had tiny loading times. The xbox version however was awful. With bad draw distance, looooong loading times, random crashes, jaggies and all the rest.

Anyone who would class themselves as an Elder Scrolls elitist would be daft to get this on the 360 over the PC. You will need a very high spec PC, but it would be better for sure!

Anywho, I'm going to get this, on the 360 (can't afford to upgrade my PC) and I'm really looking forward to it. Was the reason I got my 360, morrowind was uber and this game is massive, 16 square miles! Yikes!

that was due to marrowind being a straight port from the pc to the xbox, however oblivion was made from the ground up for the xbox 360 and specifcaly take advantage of the features it offers, thus it will be better optimised and more smooth even with HDR and AA/Af enabled at the same time, the 360 vr will be equivalent to the PC vr at max settings,

that was due to marrowind being a straight port from the pc to the xbox, however oblivion was made from the ground up for the xbox 360 and specifcaly take advantage of the features it offers, thus it will be better optimised and more smooth even with HDR and AA/Af enabled at the same time, the 360 vr will be equivalent to the PC vr at max settings,

The troooooof

My collectors Edition has been posted! 360 Oblivion tomorrow :D

oh well, i will be "getting" the Pc vr in less then 5 h :laughing:

With Oblivion in mind, whats the highest value gfx card these days for around 100 to 150 quid, anyone know?

Maybe a bit academic, but Im just wondering. I haven't read any reviews lately on what card is getting an award etc.

Alright, fair enough... in theory anything can go for anything on ebay - afterall a fiver went for just over £300 some years ago.

But seriously, realistically speaking, what's good between 100 to 150?

i brought a x850xt pe for £200 brand new in January, the RRP was £400, like i said if u look hard enough u can get it now for atleast £150

Is it a matter of hanging around ebay all the time? 150 sounds rediculously cheap when it's only been 2 months since it was 200. Heck, even 200 sounds good. Ebay stops me from saying it's "impossible", but I can't help but feel that you're scraping the boundaries of possibility.

What's your trick? I'd love to know the hard facts. Do you just bid for auctions and hope it's volatile enought to stay cheap?

Is it a matter of hanging around ebay all the time? 150 sounds rediculously cheap when it's only been 2 months since it was 200. Heck, even 200 sounds good. Ebay stops me from saying it's "impossible", but I can't help but feel that you're scraping the boundaries of possibility.

What's your trick? I'd love to know the hard facts. Do you just bid for auctions and hope it's volatile enought to stay cheap?

its called exchange rates,

heres a example i brought a french xbox 360 premium (yes it plays all UK games, check out my sig) with a free game for Euro240 (£260),

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=112848&item=8257077937

it was second hand, yes i know what you are thinking right now but however heres the beauty, i rang M$ due to the dvd side of the 360 was having probs so i sent it back, after 3 days i got sent a BRAND NEW 360, unopend and unplayed it still even had the see thru cover on the ir port and the dvd tray, pretty cool for £230 - (minus the game)

so the moral of this tale is that make sure u look at auctions for different conturies and view the exchange rates

Mine was supposed to come through my door today, argh. (stupid amazon said it would arrive today). If i don't get it tomorrow mornng there will be trouble.

I have coll.ed for 360. IF any one want me to put it on webcam tonight just sign here :)

When you get the game guys. Remember that you can travel greate distances easely with just selecting the town you want to go to on the map and Press A.

Getting this on the PC, just wondering how high i'll be able to crank up the settings with a GeForce 5200 and only 512mbs of RAM.

Looks mighty fine though, I was reading an article in PCGamer on when it was shown with overtweaked AI, some woman set her cat on fire.

Hahaha. You won't get anywhere with a Geforce FX 5200. All of the FX series are terrible with DirectX9 codepaths and the 5200 in particular is a budget card.

I would suggest you get more RAM and a better graphics card before even thinking of buying it.

Edit: All you guys wondering about the AGP ATi Radeon X850, just buy one new from ebuyer..

Pro right here: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17558158105&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=105834

XT right here: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17558158105&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=105306

Second Edit: I should have Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion soon! I am wet with anticipation!

I got Oblivion PC today, along with an Xbox 360. I'M PARALYSED WITH GAMING PLEASURE.

Meh, Its an amazing, but I dunno if its my type of game. I'm wondering if I should swap it for burnout or Ghost recon. Cos I like multiplayer gamers and overall not so serious.

Meh, Its an amazing, but I dunno if its my type of game. I'm wondering if I should swap it for burnout or Ghost recon. Cos I like multiplayer gamers and overall not so serious.

Kind of like me. I love RPGs but this one looks a little too magic and swords to me. Also I dont think I will have time to play it as im on Burnout and then theres a few games like Tomb Raider and Football Manager that I want to pick up in April. I really dont want to get drawn into the hype of the game, I will probably pick it up when the 360 has a game drought then I can give it the full attention it deserves.

I shall be getting this on my PC, and i will also look forward to GRAW for PC as its one of the first games to use PPUs. that should be most interesting.

I'm getting tired of the game freezing. :/

Other than that.. no Complaints :D I also have a fan following me around

Ah man, this hasn't arrived here yet! Aarrg, I really want this.

Ah man, this hasn't arrived here yet! Aarrg, I really want this.

Then do what I did, download AND buy!

Although the fucking torrent is taking too long!

However it will still probably beat the Post Office in getting Oblivion to my door.

Roadkill thanks for the link to the gfx card. So, is Radeon X850 generally considered as the best around 150 now?

I have coll.ed for 360. IF any one want me to put it on webcam tonight just sign here :)

When you get the game guys. Remember that you can travel greate distances easely with just selecting the town you want to go to on the map and Press A.

I'd kinda like to see the game running, so if your still up for it then ya get the webcam out!

(..in the most un-perverse way :p )