N-Europe

Nice 'secret' theory read...

Migraine

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few problems with this:

1. Space - I ain't got room for a projector in my house. Hell even if I did I wouldn't want it taking over. Wasn't it Nintendo who said they didn't want the gaming machine to be a device that takes over the living room. And I know I don't have to use it, but I don't want to pay extra for something i'm not gonna use. Which brings me on to my next point.

2. Price - whatever this last secret is its gonna have to be cheap. The controllers are gonna be pricey and a matchbox sized projector isn't cheap (or at least i'm guessing so).

3. Credibility - I tend not to believe aseholes, and this guy was pissing me off the second I started reading. I know he stated it as theory, but still. Just a small point that.

4. Where's my revolution? - explain to me someone how watching the game on a wall in comparison to on a T.V. will change the gaming experience.

Just makes it hard to believe, sounds all very un-Nintendo.

It was a very good read and I think he brought up some good points but I guess these mini projectors are very expensive and Ninty want to keep the costs low so I highly doubt something like this would be implemented.

I do however strongly believe (I have stated this at several occasions already) that the Revo will use stereoscopic 3D or what it is called; although on a normal TV, there's a 3D image and you don't need glasses or anything.

Sony and Nintendo are going to offload a dump load of videos on the media at E3, the best gets shown. Simple as that.. the media decide.

If Nintendo want a chance of getting their share of the thunder post E3 press (printed, television and radio) then they will need to save it all.

They need to get the people sitting on the fence.

They could release Metroid Shots now.. and Mario 128 concepts.. but come E3 while Sony is playing the cat they will have Nintendo for lunch.

Internet press is totally varied, you can choose your sources.. but like we saw in the Sun a few weeks back.. printed press reaches so many more average consumers. The day after E3 the tabloids will probably have a couple of pages dedicated to the PS3 and Revolution.

Nintendo needs that demographic of people. 'non gamers'

Credits to the story but it's bullocks really.

Firstly, the Revolution stand is nothing but plastic. There's nothing special about it.

Secondly, the Revolution will have to use regular displays. Not using a TV makes it different, hardcore, not accesible. You might think that it's easy to set up, but announcing that videogames are not played on a normal screen confuses the mainstream and that's exactly what they don't want.

Finally, the technology in the matchbox beamer can only play monochrome green pictures. It's also expected to cost $600 when it comes out.

The guy doesn't realise that the Revolution is the least portable console ever. You can carry it around wherever you want, but playing it is impossible because you can't keep the controller still.

Would be good for playing a Matrix game on the Revolution though..

Part of the problem of surround sound kits is everyone has different acoustics. Wall projection would marginalise the market..if your walls aren't right.. you can't use that feature.

What amazes me is how carried away people got over Nintendo Floor Vision.. when it was just a bit of a laugh for a demo kiosk at some event.. Nintendo patented it because other companies will use the tech in the future and pay Nintendo royalty for their ideas. Simple by product of innovation.

Everyone remember the promo video with all the people playing? Remember how EVERY SINGLE ONE of them was playing in a lounge, on a sofa or on the floor.

All looking at one object, I highly recommend you all re-watch the video:

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/black/enGB/?feature=3DnWfkg29cXpr8sX4WhhNcVDvok8-n0R#

And rethink these crazy ideas you have in your head. You are all thinking a (nintendo) generation ahead.. :)

It's Nintendo, not Bigspendo.

Yeah, not to mention Reggie repeatedly having to confirm that it works on every TV because of the lack of HD.

From IGN's latest mailbag:

When we met with NOA's Reggie Fils-Aime at DICE 2006, he explained that he had been lugging around a Revolution unit to show to various publisher and developer partners. He noted that he had hooked the unit up to just about every type of television - big, small, high-definition and even some junker in his hotel room - and that it always just worked. No fuss. No time-consuming fiddling.

About the Brooke Burges quote, I think if one company will enter the 3D gaming market, it will be Sony. Stereoscopics 3D is about switching 2 images (one for each eye) fast enough to make the image seem 3D. It's only possible on LCD and plasma TV's and the cell chip should be powerfull enough to render an image twice with X360-quality graphics.

the 'cell' is no holy grail.... sure it's powerfull but ps3 has quite a few bottlenecks... i'd say the most important thing is the gfx chip and ram personally.

Anyway, i dont believe this projection theory.. just seems a bit silly to me. a different sort of stereoscopic thing is much more plausable imo

If it were true it would be a hassle finding a large empty wall. But then I suppose it would be an extra rather than a necessity. Although one of my walls is completly empty and only has my bed in front of it (which obviously doesn't take up that much of the wall). Would be sweet but im sceptical.

Guest Stefkov

it could be possible to play it on a wall, youd only have to put the rev on the floor or on a table infront of you and project it onto the wall, thus you can be infront f it rather than to one side becasuethe rev is behind you projecting the image. i dont see it happening, i mean projecting its own image aint much of a secert to hold back, imo. maybe its just a coincidense that they called the chips hollywood and broadway.

the 'cell' is no holy grail.... sure it's powerfull but ps3 has quite a few bottlenecks

Its like a Strong man in a race against a Kenyen sprinter. Good in a tractor pull but not a race.

Plus about the story... It would be awsome if this was true. Imagine a E3 Iwata showing off a demo, "Oh and by the way this demo is being pojected by the Revo!"

Its like a Strong man in a race against a Kenyen sprinter. Good in a tractor pull but not a race.

couldn't have put it better myself :)

on topic: there must be a reason why nintendo haven't released any screens. i doubt it's cuz the gfx are unbelieveable. Damn you nintendo!!!!! tell us!!!!

I would assume Nintendo haven't released screens as some sort of business tactic. Perhaps to give the media time to get the gist of their new stategy, so when they do release screens, there won't be an overhaul of graphical comparisons?

I'd be pretty sure it's some sort of marketing tactic. Even though I know nothing of business.

I would assume Nintendo haven't released screens as some sort of business tactic. Perhaps to give the media time to get the gist of their new stategy, so when they do release screens, there won't be an overhaul of graphical comparisons?

I'd be pretty sure it's some sort of marketing tactic. Even though I know nothing of business.

Yeah but they better release something or the gaming world will be like "Thats it? Thats what we got worked up about! BOO, BOOO you!"

Yeah but they better release something or the gaming world will be like "Thats it? Thats what we got worked up about! BOO, BOOO you!"

Agreed. I'm getting pretty annoyed with waiting. Ithink that Nintendo must have some very good reason to keep us in this suspence.

@ the end of the revmote-video-E32005 the guy turns of his revolution with the revmote. Then they show a HD-set, but it seems the tv was put off the whole time. And? what is the reason to show this HD-set, if it´s the biggest marketing topic of nintendos competitors? They could have just ended the video with a final sword-slice from that guy! But they wanted to show you the turned off TV-set!

To all who have no free wall in there livingroom: What would you say if the screen is projected in mid-air?

I totally believe the projection-theorie! Iwata wouldn´t have ever said those comments about "breaking free fom tv..", if they don´t have something to achieve this. Everything that iwata says is very well planned! And they don´t just hype with those comments, because everybody would be pissed off by that...

The capcom dev said: the screenshots reveal the unrevealed revolutionarie aspekt, IMO. So this is nothing about controls with microphone etc., it´s about graphics or graphics-display IMO!

I totally believe the projection-theorie! Iwata wouldn´t have ever said those comments about "breaking free fom tv..", if they don´t have something to achieve this. Everything that iwata says is very well planned! And they don´t just hype with those comments, because everybody would be pissed off by that...

Yeah its not like they're Sony. (Oooo He did not just go there!)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!