NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Webrowsing Revolution!

It's a good idea but it should come built in for free in my opinion - Regarding the keyboard peripheral, I see absolutely no reason why you couldn't plug a PC's keyboard in. :hehe:

Just get a USB keyboard :p

By web browser does it mean full access to the internet? If I can surf the web fully on Rev aswell as play games, DVDs and CDs I have no need for a PC.

You know, this makes the Revolution unique from the other 2 consoles. It also means people technically don't need a PC to access the "actual" internet.

Good move Nintendo.

You know, this makes the Revolution unique from the other 2 consoles. It also means people technically don't need a PC to access the "actual" internet.

Good move Nintendo.

Exactly.

Also, there's an infinite amount of internet games that use the mouse and we'd be able to use the Revo controller for those too :D

Exactly.

Also, there's an infinite amount of internet games that use the mouse and we'd be able to use the Revo controller for those too :D

Not to mention all those downloadable games (legal ones of course).

Not to mention all those downloadable games (legal ones of course).

there could be a section especially for people using rev's to download demos of nintendo sites or something this will be cool,cool if we could stream videos from the rev so it would be on your tv

According to Nintendo Gal, who thought to phone NOA to get the official word. According to the voice on the other line, "Revolution owners will have the option to purchase that functionality."

Doesn't sound like much of a solid confirmation to me.

Haha... funny..

Yeah this is a good idea especially as the internet is now seen as something that you just go and do quickly nowadays. It saves booting up the PC, plus you can do it while watching the tv... genius

Good idea, wireless keyboard would do good too. I think we'd need a mouse rather than the controller though.

Well if you could plug a keyboard in, you could always get a keyboard that you can plug a mouse into - would that work?

Not exactly confirmed though so we may not even be getting a web browser for the Rev.

I hope it's Opera again - that'd certainly mean it's not a crappy 2 kB browser.

Again, too bad about the resolution - TVs are 640x480 while most websites are made for 800x600 (like RE) or 1024x768.

Nah that won't happen. Internet browsers are usually very tiny - Opera is ~4MB including IRC, RSS, mail client and HTML editor (pretty amazing) and the download service is too good to have that published on a 9 GB disc. If Nintendo has any sanity left they won't publish it only on disc.

Well if you could plug a keyboard in, you could always get a keyboard that you can plug a mouse into - would that work?

Not exactly confirmed though so we may not even be getting a web browser for the Rev.

YEs it would. Apple mac keyboards have usb slots to plug the mouse into.

And whats with the mouse driver?

Yeah the resolution is with 640x480 too low. But I know if you hook it up on a monitor/Plasmatv it gives you exactly 1024x640. That´s ok if srcolling up and down.

ok i got bored, im not entirely sure what the analogue would do, but meh.

revbrowsercopy4fr.jpg

The worst in this is that you need to have your PC turned on to let Rev access the web, unless Nintendo make any broadband adaptor, but I don't believe that.

The worst thing that could happen is needing to put the disk in everytime, the best, would be a half rev/half internet hub for gaming. A on-line rev. magazine, which comes with a downloadable demo + video's, now thats the future.

Gods sake people!

It probably won't need a disc as has already been said! It'll go on the memory! And you don't ned a PC on if you have wireless networking. BTW I don't think a keyboard is that necessary asmost of the internet is fairly point and click but hey... maybe they could invent a way of typing in gestures

Gods sake people!

It probably won't need a disc as has already been said! It'll go on the memory! And you don't ned a PC on if you have wireless networking. BTW I don't think a keyboard is that necessary asmost of the internet is fairly point and click but hey... maybe they could invent a way of typing in gestures

Or maybe the built in Mic on the controller? :idea: Hmm???

Playing WoW on PC while Going on thottbot on revo would help me alot :)

or i could just get more ram which would stop lagg issues betweeen coming out of WoW :D

Well my tv (cheap jvc) can do resolutions from 640*480 to 1024*768, although the 1024*768 makes the text just plain unreadable with s-video connection. At 800*600 the text is readable. But the revo will probably have a rgb- scart, which should improve the image quality a bit. It also could use some bigger fonts.

Sign in to follow this