N-Europe

Capcom Fighting Collection 2 (2025)

Julius

Capcom going hard with the fighting collections! What?! 

This will be a collection to remember! Capcom Fighting Collection 2 on Nintendo Switch includes 8 fighting games from across Capcom's history and will release in 2025.

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001

Capcom Fighting Evolution

Street Fighter Alpha 3 UPPER

Project Justice

Power Stone

Power Stone 2

Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein

• Like 1

These are all the Naomi/Dreamcast Capcom fighters (except Tech Romancer for some weird reason), pretty awesome collection!

Hyped for Power Stone 1 & 2, hope they have online play!

Edited by Dcubed

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

These are all the Naomi/Dreamcast Capcom fighters (except Tech Romancer for some weird reason), pretty awesome collection!

Hyped for Power Stone 1 & 2, hope they have online play!

Yeah, Tech Romancer not being part of the collection is really weird and a little disappointing. It's a fantastic game.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, this announcement is friggin' awesome! I expected a Capcom vs SNK collection or remaster to come at some point (these two companies have been very chummy lately, right?), and I was kind of hoping that Capcom would do a "3D fighting games" collection at some point... But combining the two concepts? I did not expect that!

Capcom vs SNK 1 is one I am not familiar with at all. I have heard about it, I have heard its presentation is fantastic, but I have never played it. I'm curious to try it out.

Capcom vs SNK 2 is one of my favourite fighting games ever. Its Single Player content is basically non-existent (and this is the Arcade version, anyway), but what we do have here is an incredible roster, and one of the most unique concepts I've ever seen for a crossover: the Groove System, which essentially allows you to pick which game mechanics you want to work with (C-Groove replicates SFA 3 mechanics, K-Groove replicates Samurai Shodown mechanics, etc.). Oh, and a soundtrack that rivals MvC 2 as well.

(Sadly, the one interesting console-exclusive feature is likely not going to be in this collection: the colour edit mode.)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper was a content-rich version of the game that was released for the GBA and PSP. Due to their handheld nature, I thought for sure we'd never see the best version of SFA 3 ever again... I got my hopes up with this announcement. Turns out, "Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper" is also the name of an enhanced version of SFA3 released exclusively in Japanese arcades. Whelp. At least this version has Guile, T.Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee Jay.

Power Stone 1 & 2 are worthy of hype. I never played them myself, but Capcom fans adore this series. Sounds pretty unique. Me, my only experience with this series is watching a few episodes of the cartoon :heh: Yes, there was one.

Project Justice and Plasma Sword are fighting games I heard a lot about, but never played, so I'm looking forward to exploring these. I did find it odd that they're the 2nd game in their respective franchises (with the first entries being absent from any collection), but I guess that's a consequence of making a collection that's entirely based on the Dreamcast/Naomi systems.

Capcom Fighting Evolution is an infamous Capcom flop, by all means, it's incredibly low-budget and unfun to play, and it's hilarious that it came back. A win for videogame preservation!

Yeah, this is gonna be an awesome collection. CvS2 alone is worth the price of entry.

• Like 1