Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Euro 2024 | 14th June to 14th July

Oh dear. Can't say it hasn't been coming. Good job Slovakia. 

Good to see us behind, weirdly - we seem far too comfortable leading or drawing. If this now doesn't light a fire up under them, nothing will, and at which point we'll deserve to go out. 

When I saw about Zaccagni's winner it reminded me of Quagliarella a few tournaments ago when they were doomed at the group stage. The writing was pretty much on the wall this year but you'd still have thought they could have eked out one more win before bowing out. Be interesting to see how long it takes them to figure it out again.

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Don't have much hope that England can turn it around though. What have they been doing in training? They look so clueless

Funnily enough, watched the match last night with a mate at a pub and between Sky Sports News and pre-match and post-match spiel for the Germany game, they kept showing snippets of England "training"...and I pointed it that every time they did, it looked like they were barely doing anything. 

Obviously we only see snippets at times like that, but why not have a bit of training propaganda? Show Bellingham crossing it into Kane for a half-volley just to make it look like they're working on things as much as they say they are? ::shrug:

Edited by Julius

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The only thing they must work on is how to pass it side to side around the midfield, with occasionally getting Pickford involved.

Haha, the idea of them knocking it sideways and backwards for a good five minutes before passing it back to Pickford to launch it aimlessly forward gives me a good chuckle :laughing:

Just seen the current live thread title on the BBC Sport page –

Euro 2024: England
booed off at half-time with Slovakia deservedly in front

Don't think I've ever seen the BBC so direct about us losing before, but damn right Slovakia are deservedly in front (for now). 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How did the linesman not see it?!

I'm guessing after some of the weird linesmanship we've seen the last few rounds he decided to trust the semi-automated offside (which obviously he shouldn't, but while not blatantly bad the refereeing in this match so far has been...interesting), which seemed to take an age. 

We've just been let off. This is crazy. 

Edited by Julius

2 minutes ago, Eddage said:

The biggest question is how has Foden not kept himself onside?!

Definitely. 

Felt to me like there was a beat where Trippier decided to square it instead of shoot, and Foden should've dropped but decided to go forward. Such a strange decision. 

Lee Dixon is blind as a bat. 

Just said the Slovakian player got a touch, alternate angle showed he clearly didn't. Same for goalkeepers getting a touch, slight deflections, etc.

He's not normally good at commentating to begin with, but now he's blind too?! 

Edited by Julius

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

No wonder he got punched. :p

Aye, I thought he was harsh with some but thought that being harsh was maybe as a result of that past backlash. Overcompensating a bit. 

I don't think it would change this particular game, but there's been a clear bias in terms of these yellows so far.