NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Nintendo Switch Successor Announced

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Interesting rumours cropped up over the weekend.

Our favourite leaker weighed in on the conversation

I hope there aren't gonna launch the thing with an enhanced BOTW port.

Nintendo had an enhanced version of BOTW running behind the scenes at Gamescom in September last year, running at 4k and 60fps:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/09/rumour-switch-2-gamescom-demo-supposedly-had-zelda-botw-running-at-4k-60fps

So that code name might just be that demo, or they really are going to release a full on enhanced port.

When reading this yesterday I learned that Mario 3D Worlds code name was RedCarpet with the Switch version being called RedCarpet-S, Mario Kart 8 on Wii U was Turbo and TurboS on Switch.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

There was a Nintendo that had a game

And U-KING-O was his name-o

U-K-I-N-G-O

U-K-I-N-G-O

U-K-I-N-G-O

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There was a Nintendo that had a game

U-K-I-N-G-O

U-K-I-N-G-O

U-K-I-N-G-O

UK Ingo --> Zelda film has English accents.

U King Hippo --> Little Mac talking smack in New! Punch-Out (99).

GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg?ex=6644f445&is=6643a

I'd go with Zelda (only if it's classic style and not in the style of BOTW/TOTK), Xenoblade, Punch-Out and Mario Kart. I'd keep the spare dollar. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'd go with Zelda (only if it's classic style and not in the style of BOTW/TOTK), Xenoblade, Punch-Out and Mario Kart. I'd keep the spare dollar. :D

Ooo, love things like this :D my $15 would get spread like...

Zelda ($5) - haven't really talked about what I want exactly from the next Zelda at this point, but I think an open world a quarter the size of the land of Hyrule with a much heavier emphasis on setting, mechanics, traditional dungeons, and characters would be the way I'd go. While BOTW and TOTK both drew heavily from Princess Mononoke, I'd want something closer to the film's scale: a major hub town, a couple of smaller settlements maybe, dungeons and battles spotted about with forest and desert, but in a much more focused area to really saturate the goodness. I feel like shorter distances between points of interest tied with the mechanical ideas of BOTW/TOTK would allow for an interconnectivity between different locations that neither of those games ultimately offered. I'd want to feel like I'm having an impact, too, after the lack of that feeling going from BOTW to TOTK. Oh, and more prominent music, for sure. 

Donkey Kong ($4) - I don't know why but I just think there's so much that you can do with a 3D DK that modern Nintendo hasn't even attempted and which I'd love to see come to fruition. Fills the 3D platformer idea for me. 

Star Fox ($3) - do something - ANYTHING - new and interesting with the IP. Having not played any of them myself for any serious length of time, most Star Fox games look the same to me from the outside looking in, and I think it's just an IP ripe with so much potential both in and outside of gaming (rides, animated shows, etc.). Galaxy-wide lite-RPG with an upgradeable ship, ground and flight missions, maybe a lite-strategy mode for some easier large scale space warfare which you can hop into at a moment's notice. 

F-Zero ($2) - technical showpiece and Mario Kart stand-in while we're building up the install base. 

Rhythm Heaven ($1) - a quirky little rhythm game to give off the impression that Nintendo could revive any other smaller IP at a moment's notice...but then don't. Give them hope and not the reward, that's the genius of it :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate + ($5) - The plus is the DLC characters plus all spirits from time-limited events unlocked in the main game, plus a brand new "Ready, Terry, Go!" mode... it's basically Terry from Fatal Fury VS anything that moves, and he starts off at full power. :D (Are you OK?-BUSTA WALF! POWA GUYZA!) :p *throws hat away* "OK!"

Mario Kart ($5) - I mean... I've been saying it for years already, just take the "8" and turn it on its side, Mario Kart Infinite... it has everything from MK8DX including all DLC tracks, except... Baby Rosalina is swapped out for Poochy, and Coconuts Mall is swapped out for a brand new track... Airship Fortress from Mario Kart DS... perfection! ;)

Metroid ($4) - I'm a simple man, give me a choice of Metroid and four other franchises which don't mean that much to me, and I'm going to pick Metroid, because Samus always wins.

Pilotwings ($1) - It's the perfect launch title, and I'd buy that for a dollar, one pound, or just include it with the console, heck... pre-install it on every machine and make a physical version for those who want it, but you can only buy it once you've bought a Switch 2, registered your Nintendo Network ID, liked the game, registered your interest, and then ask @Julius for an assist so that you can purchase it on the Nintendo Store, for a limited time. It'll come with a physical game, Pilotwings plane diorama featuring Wuhu island, a hidden Baby Face for @RedShell and an account-based achievements system for @Hero-of-Time but only for the physical version, and only for this one game, because Nintendo. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'd go for: 

Pokémon Beige (£5) - The latest and greatest Pokémon game, with all existing Pokémon all here on the Switch 2! Plus 115 brand new Pokémon! Set in the Pokémon version of North Korea, your have to battle your way up to defeating the Elite 4 (Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il, Kim Il Sung, and Gary).

Pokémon Taupe (£5) - The exact same game again! But this one has 4 Pokémon that you cannot get in Beige! 

And finally, Pokémon Chartreuse (£5) - This one has Pikachu. With a new hat.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This looks like a fun game :)

5€ for Smash Bros. But not any Smash Bros, I want to see a new concept. Like, retool the roster to make it Nintendo vs. Sega, or something like that.

4€ for Metroid. Gimme some more 2D Metroid, baby!

3€ for Starfox. Throw the fans a bone. Or maybe do a spin-off like Adventures, but really good this time.

2€ for F-Zero. Whether it's a remaster, compilation, or brand new thing, I want to more of that!

1€ for Rhythm Heaven. Why waste time with 1-2 Switches, when this could be the perfect mini-game compilation?

And because I assume the rest of the franchises are free, add Golden Sun and Mole Mania into the mix for a truly winning launch :cool:

Edited by Jonnas

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll just buy a case of beer, thanks :p

Edited by drahkon

Launch with: Mario (fleshing out the Bowser's Fury blueprint without the slumbering boss in the middle).
Few months later: Mario Kart (not open-world. Bring back missions. Run periodic events or something at a similar rate to Tetris 99 to go easy on the FOMO. No micro-transactions).
Later in the first year: Mario Maker 3.

Don't front-load it. Spread the rest out over the next nine years. Quality, not quantity. 

Sign in to follow this