NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Football Season 2023/24

Great win. So happy that we now have one trophy in the bag for Klopp's final season.

• Like 1

Couldn't let myself believe it was a goal until the match actually kicked off again. 

The young boys got shrugged off the ball a bit but they didn't shy away. Amazing the way the fans sung them on and then that group rendition of YNWA at the end. 

• Like 1

Nail biting match tonight. Hope Liverpool and sneak through a win.

• Haha 1

I had the live score updates on my phone and every time I glanced at it we had scored a goal. :D

I was surprised at the squad Klopp sided. Figured he would be resting players ready for the weekend.

Wow, that was boring as fuck. :p That's what I get for being excited.

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Wow, that was boring as fuck. :p That's what I get for being excited.

Arsenal v City match? I knocked it off at half-time.

Good result for Liverpool, although we really struggled against Brighton. Still think City will somehow end up with the title though.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Arsenal v City match? I knocked it off at half-time.

Yeah. Good decision. It did not get better :D

Great win for the mighty mid-table Chelsea tonight....goodness do I hate so much of what Boehly's done since coming in. Nice to get a result against United at least. 

Anyways, flicking through the old Euros 2020(/21) posts in anticipation of this year's competition just being two months away (!). Given my early excitement and just how great the last Euros and recent World Cup both were (from a footballing POV because, well, the ethical side left much to be desired), expect this one to be painstakingly average :p

Way more importantly: have you guys seen the kits for the nations taking part this year, which were worn in the most recent international friendlies? Those are some of the most disgusting tournament kits I've ever seen. Belgium's Away Kit needs to be tried at The Hague for crimes against my eyes. 

Belgium%20Euro%202024%20Away%20Kit.jpg

The only thing that makes all of it worse is that news a little while back that Nike's taking over as kit producer for Germany. Groß. 

(yes that's a stupid 'gross' joke, bite me)

@Julius The Belgium away kit is a tribute to Tintin, it's supposed to echo his iconic outfit - I think it looks pretty cool!

[mention=20895]Julius[/mention] The Belgium away kit is a tribute to Tintin, it's supposed to echo his iconic outfit - I think it looks pretty cool!
It probably would look cool if the Tintin brown trousers colour didn't make it look like Lukaku was running around like Donald Duck.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, killthenet said:

@Julius The Belgium away kit is a tribute to Tintin, it's supposed to echo his iconic outfit - I think it looks pretty cool!

I saw that it was a tribute but...I just can't get behind brown shorts. I really can't. It just looks like a kit a little kid draws up because they're out of crayons in nursery to me. 

I respect your right to an opinion, and obviously it's subjective, but also: 

3rd-rock-from-the-sun-john-lithgow.gif

:p

41 minutes ago, bob said:
8 hours ago, killthenet said:
[mention=20895]Julius[/mention] The Belgium away kit is a tribute to Tintin, it's supposed to echo his iconic outfit - I think it looks pretty cool!

It probably would look cool if the Tintin brown trousers colour didn't make it look like Lukaku was running around like Donald Duck.

True, but also, I don't think anyone else is doing a particularly good job of showing it off either! 

GJn610fXYAAdg2a?format=jpg&name=4096x409

w640xh480_GettyImages-2117498486.jpg?ts=

England-vs-Belgium-highlights.jpg?fit=60

Why we struggle against this Utd team is beyond me. They are like Klopp's kryptonite.

Just now, Happenstance said:

Thank god for that penalty

Needed a win really though. It's now back in Arsenal's hands. Crazy title race. It's about time it was exciting again, instead of one team running away with it.

Drawing against 10-man Burnley and Sheffield United within the space of a week is beyond embarrassing.

Chelsea are a mid-table Club and are only Cole Palmer away from being a relegation battling Club this season.

Pochettino absolutely has to go. He’s tactically inept.

6 minutes ago, Kav said:

Drawing against 10-man Burnley and Sheffield United within the space of a week is beyond embarrassing.

Blade would have been happy. :D

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Blade would have been happy. :D

I honestly think he’d have been disappointed, they were worth the win… :sad:

Ronaldo has seriously gone off the deep end over in Saudi, getting a red tonight:

He's looking more and more like Daniel Plainview from the end of There Will Be Blood (if you've seen the film you'll know this isn't a compliment). 

Disgraceful. Dude refuses to go peacefully into the night and it feels like he's actively tarnishing his career these days. 

• Like 1

I mean, he did rape a woman - not really sure how much more of his reputation there is left to tarnish

• Like 1

Lmao, he's such a bellend. I love how he held his hands up as if to say "hey, I've done nothing wrong" while actively stomping on the dude as he lies on the floor.

His reaction to the red card too:[/url]

Fair to say our season is imploding at the moment. It's been the same for the past couple of weeks, so many chances in front of goal but just can't put them in the back of the net.

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Fair to say our season is imploding at the moment. It's been the same for the past couple of weeks, so many chances in front of goal but just can't put them in the back of the net.

It's so frustrating to watch

8 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It's so frustrating to watch

Best not to. :D

Leverkusen winning their first Bundesliga with 5 games to spare (and up to this point being unbeaten) is unbelievable :bowdown: would be crazy if they managed to remain unbeaten for the last 5 games, and even more so if they win their other competitions with the same record. 

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Congrats to City on winning the league. :(

I love his style of football and what he's done for the sport/Prem, but I can't wait for that bald fraud to leave one day :D

Sign in to follow this