NEurope
Ashley

Princess Peach Showtime (March 22 2024)

Posted (edited)

There's a Demo for this game now up on the eshop

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

On 13/02/2024 at 8:41 PM, Dcubed said:

I didn’t think so myself, which is why I discounted the idea originally.  But they have been relatively quiet since they released Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn in 2019 (with only Monkey Barrels and Mameda no Bakeru released in that 4 year gap; both fairly small scale games).

I still think it might be a stretch, but I also couldn’t imagine them fully breaking off their relationship with Nintendo; so their UE4 experience would make sense here…

Yup.  I was right.  It’s a Good Feel joint.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66512/demo-now-available-for-princess-peach-showtime#:~:text=Additionally%2C although not confirmed by,developed by Good Feel Co.

Nice to see that they’re still working with Nintendo after all :)

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

There's a Demo for this game now up on the eshop

Pyoro is never wrong.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Yup.  I was right.  It’s a Good Feel joint.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66512/demo-now-available-for-princess-peach-showtime#:~:text=Additionally%2C although not confirmed by,developed by Good Feel Co.

Nice to see that they’re still working with Nintendo after all :)

Good to see. I'm a fan of their games and so this gives me hope that there will be plenty to do/unlock in the game.

• Thanks 1

The demo is up on the UK eShop. Just downloaded it, will get my son to play it later to see if it's something for him.

Posted (edited)

My son just played it, I watched while working on my computer (and helped him beat the demo's boss). The performance is... really rough when coming out from the level he played at least. Ouch, it was hard watching. Haven't seen how the actual gameplay in the level runs, though.

The sound is also quite... off. The jumping sound is terrible, sounds kind of flat, and is too loud... and the voices. Ugh. Not a fan.

Edited by MindFreak

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Ouch, it was hard watching. Haven't seen how the actual gameplay in the level runs, though.

The actual gameplay runs smoothly, it's just cutscenes and the lobby area takes a noticeable dip.

So, just played the demo.
Easy breezy, but presentation values up the wazzoo! (Peach has different running animations for each costume, for example). Also has some pretty devious hidden collectables for the first two levels.

So, in other words, it's another Good Feel game with a Nintendo IP. I'm not keen on her voice though. Peach sounds really bored. Which doesn't really gel with everything around her being so glamorous and magical.

I had a play through of the demo last night, it seems very very easy but i enjoyed it. But yeah, there is something a bit flat about the music and the sound effects. I'll wait for the reviews

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Probably a bit late to mention this now, but if you put the frosting in the right place, it immediately transforms into much better decoration. Basically, the game's way of telling you that you got it right. Even if you splatter it all over the place, it will trigger the decoration if you put enough in the right place.

Barely scraped through that with a perfect score. Only 8 seconds left!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Probably a bit late to mention this now, but if you put the frosting in the right place, it immediately transforms into much better decoration. Basically, the game's way of telling you that you got it right. Even if you splatter it all over the place, it will trigger the decoration if you put enough in the right place.

Barely scraped through that with a perfect score. Only 8 seconds left!

Yeah, i found that out while making the final cake and went back and redid the stage afterwards to collect everything lol

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Peach sounds really bored. Which doesn't really gel with everything around her being so glamorous and magical.

Trust me, it happens. 

• Haha 1

Just played through the demo and quite enjoyed it. I'm concerned though about how little platforming the game will offer. The bakery level (Peach's outfit is adorable) was essentially just a mini game collection. Still, it looks like it will offer a charming experience, if nothing else. Shame the performance is a bit ropey at times, which is pretty baffling considering the game isn't exactly pushing the Switch to its limits.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:49 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Just played through the demo and quite enjoyed it. I'm concerned though about how little platforming the game will offer. The bakery level (Peach's outfit is adorable) was essentially just a mini game collection. Still, it looks like it will offer a charming experience, if nothing else. Shame the performance is a bit ropey at times, which is pretty baffling considering the game isn't exactly pushing the Switch to its limits.

I feel that, after the swordsman level I was wondering what kind of "attack" Peach would have this time, but instead it was just holding down a button and letting go. Worries me for some of the other costumes they aren't showing much of.

The jumping felt a bit weird against the boss, maybe it was just the perspective/angle, but when jumping up as in away from the camera, I didn't seem to cover as much ground as I did for the 2D sections.

Not that the reviews would have any bearing on my purchasing decision but the game looks to be scoring better than I expected. Most are saying it's an easy experience, with the game clearly being aimed at a younger demographic. However, the game is full of charm and lots of unlockables. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow if any local Argos stores have a copy in stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not that the reviews would have any bearing on my purchasing decision but the game looks to be scoring better than I expected. Most are saying it's an easy experience, with the game clearly being aimed at a younger demographic. However, the game is full of charm and lots of unlockables. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow if any local Argos stores have a copy in stock.

So… it’s a Good Feel game then?

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yes it is a feel-good game, did you even read H-o-T's post? 

:p

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Good Feel games give a lot of bang for your buck when going for 100% but this looks it can be done in around 7-8 hours. Main game is probably 5-6 hours long.

Haven’t posted in an age, but you bet a new Princess Peach game will drag me back 😅. 
Even if the demo was… rough. 
Hoping to pick this up later this evening or tomorrow to get cracking with it. 
NOTHING will touch Super Princess Peach… but nice she’s back in her own game I guess! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Haven’t posted in an age, but you bet a new Princess Peach game will drag me back 😅. 
Even if the demo was… rough. 
Hoping to pick this up later this evening or tomorrow to get cracking with it. 
NOTHING will touch Super Princess Peach… but nice she’s back in her own game I guess! 

I knew you'd be back for this game. :D 

If I didn't have so many others games to play I would have liked to have played Super Princess Peach again. It's been years since I played it.

• Like 1

Played through the first 10 stages of the game and its pretty rough.

Like the demo, the game lacks that polish that you expect from a Nintendo IP game. There's a lot of stuttering and the load times between stages are very long. The game isn't exactly high end and so I've no idea why theze things are issues.

Gameplay wise the whole this is very slow, which makes getting any collectables you may have missed a tedious affair. You have to sit through all the bits of dialogue again in order to progress. Very annoying.

So far, outside of Peach's transformations, I'm finding the game to be pretty bland/soulless. 

• Thanks 1

Like the demo, the game lacks that polish that you expect from a Nintendo IP game. There's a lot of stuttering and the load times between stages are very long. The game isn't exactly high end and so I've no idea why theze things are issues.

That is weird, considering Good Feel are usually pretty good in this regard, though I have only played Epic Yarn and Woolly World, so I didn't play their other Switch Yoshi game. 

Anyway, happy Peach day everyone!

https://www.n-europe.com/news/princess-peach-showtime-available-now/

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I managed to bag a copy from Argos earlier. Just started it. Played the first part in the demo, and just done the Ninja section. Which I LOVED! :D
Gimme more Ninja Peach please! 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1

Eh, Luigi would wear it better.

FimdGRtUYAA-YyP.jpg:large

I bought this as well, not started it yet, but will do so today.

What dress do you have Peach rocking, @Aneres11? I have her wearing this lovely number.

GJWh1rmaMAAbbiW?format=jpg&name=large

I haven't changed it yet! I liked the polka dot but decided to hold off in case more dresses get unlocked. Didn't want to use all my coins :D.

One thing I do like is that Peach's movement changes for every transformation. Her normal run is very regal, with her lifting her dress up with one hand. But she becomes a totally different character with all of the transformations. Very cool. I also like that there's always a spot light on her, given the theatre theme!