NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct (21st June 2023 @ 15:00 BST)

The rumours were true! 

Seems like a chunky Direct, I was worried we were sleepwalking towards another Partner Showcase or Direct Mini. 

For anyone curious, there have been a couple of rumours floating around for this one, such as...

Spoiler

• a new 2D Mario coming up

• a remake of an SNES title (bets seem to be on the Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake?)

I'm really curious to see if any of the many Atlus announcements from the Xbox Direct get Switch versions announced here.

Oh, and it does seem like someone indeed jumped the gun on Baten Kaitos in SEA, seems almost certain to be shown off here. 

Anyways, now we have Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (albeit not enough physical copies)...time for me to hop on the Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger ports/remasters/remakes train, let's see 'em Square! 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I wonder if this could be pretty DLC heavy? 

Wouldn't be shocked if TOTK gets DLC announced here (even if I think it'd be a bit too soon; I think plenty, myself included, are still playing through the game!). 

Then there's Splatoon 3. 

And the next wave of Mario Kart. 

Curious to see if they just throw out a bunch of ports too, like the long rumoured Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports, or even ports of Prime 2 and Prime 3? Probably be more basic than the Prime Remastered effort, but might as well cash in if it's in the works I suppose? 

I also think this feels like a potential last big Direct for the Switch (disclaimer: we're going to be saying this about every Nintendo Direct we get from now up until we hear about the Switch successor, sorry), obviously depending on what Nintendo's plans actually are for its successor. Which I think begs the bigger question: do we finally see Metroid Prime 4 here? Or is that now just Schrödinger's Metroid Prime 4 until we finally learn about the Switch successor? 

I’m ready for the flood of GCN/Wii remasters and Wii U ports! Let’s go!

nintendodirect21062023banner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct to be broadcast on 21/06/2023

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

Seeing as it was rumoured...

F-Zero GX HD Remaster, with online, either shadow drop, or by the end of October, as that will be in time for the Twentieth anniversary of the games release in Europe.

• Thanks 1

Persona 3 will be announced here I'm sure. Other than that I have no idea, but I'm happy with some more GameCube and Wii ports! 

And Donkey Kong 64 remake ofc

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Let’s go!

Let's-a-go!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Presumably we'll see a trailer for Everybody 1-2 Switch because it's due out soon but it'll be amusing if it was released with no publicity information. 

Normally I'm reserved for predictions, but this time, fuck it:

• Remakes for Fire Emblem 4 AND 5. Reinhardt will make the announcement;
  • "And while you wait, we'll sell Fire Emblem 3 digitally, translated for the first time ever, for one month only :) "
  • Freedom Planet 2 finally gets a release date for Switch!
  • The grand return of Murasame Castle!
  • Persona 3 Remake: Funky Kong Edition, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles
  • Mole Mania? Mole Mania!
  • Final Fantasy 9 remake is coming to Switch
  • Final Fantasy 16 is shadow-dropped on Switch
  • A certain game will be renamed to 1-2-Everybody-Switch-to-Pikmin-4. It's a metaphor for Half-Life.
  • Mario&Sonic in Paris 2024 will be announced. It's not actually about the olympics, it's a romantic Visual Novel.
  • F-Zero GX HD. And also, F-Zero GX 2.
  • Metroid Prime 4 will be announced. They'll act like this is the first time they're revealing it.
  • And since I'm feeling a little crazy, a Baten Kaitos trailer
Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

• Metroid Prime 4 will be announced. They'll act like this is the first time they're revealing it.

• Even better, they announce Metroid Prime 5, and then act like they already released 4 but everyone missed it.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Presumably we'll see a trailer for Everybody 1-2 Switch because it's due out soon but it'll be amusing if it was released with no publicity information. 

Well that aged like horseshit ;)

Didn't expect Nintendo to have so little faith in the game

woah, they started with the Pokémon DLC

when it's normally not ever at these things

maybe there is hope for Detective Pikachu 2 to turn up here after all? 

Edited by Julius

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

maybe there is hope for Detective Pikachu 2 to turn up here after all? 

There is!

And Mario RPG remade!

That Peach and Luigi's Mansion 2 "so, uh, yeah there'll be info at some point and they're coming next year"...was odd

Switch is definitely winding down, reminds me of the last few 3DS announcements we had

At least there will be some games towards the end unlike the Wii. 

The Dragon Quest Monsters game we only heard about like three weeks ago?! And with the Hero from IV?!

AAAAAAAAAH

Not surprised MGS Master Collection is here

But give us a date please for the love of Eve

(oh and for Suikoden too please)

Edited by Julius

Just now, Julius said:

But give us a date please for the love of Eve

24th October

Sign in to follow this