N-Europe

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

Julius

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Games leaving next month.

They're getting rid of Dragon Quest XI because they know we're getting news on XII soon which is going to bring more attention to XI and they want those sweet, sweet sales, right? Right?! 

:cry:

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's a script that players use to auto grind for them. 

Eh, I don't use scripts.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Possibly disables trophies. A lot of in game cheats do that.

Doesn't disable trophies per se, but it does disable a few in-game challenges which are needed for certain trophies.

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Just played the first level of Mr. Mosquito...

Don't ask me whether I enjoyed my "first blood suck"...

wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

Yeah, I heard it was a weird one. I knew about it back in the day but never played it.

Crazy how many games I've still yet to play from the Classic service. Timesplitters 2 and 3, Secret Agent Clank, Jeanne D'arc, Wild Arms 2, Sky Gunner, Ghost Hunter, Herc's Adventures....lots to get through.

6 hours ago, drahkon said:

Just played the first level of Mr. Mosquito...

Don't ask me whether I enjoyed my "first blood suck"...

Started playing this tonight. It's hilarious. So quirky. @RedShell would love it.

Stage 4 had me move around a bathroom, all the while a Japanese woman was bathing herself and causing the room to steam up. I had to land on her as she was lying in the bath and suck the blood from here....

GXsvfGnWkAEMxwA?format=jpg&name=large

Bonkers game. :D

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Started playing this tonight. It's hilarious. So quirky. @RedShell would love it.

Stage 4 had me move around a bathroom, all the while a Japanese woman was bathing herself and causing the room to steam up. I had to land on her as she was lying in the bath and suck the blood from here....

GXsvfGnWkAEMxwA?format=jpg&name=large

Bonkers game. :D

Oh wow. :heh: Very much looks like my cup of tea, yeah. :laughing:
Cheers for bringing it to my attention.

Looks like it's also available on PS4, so I might check it out at some point.

Edited by RedShell

GX2y88lWwAAGIjN?format=jpg&name=large

Amazing and hilarious concept for a game. It's a shining example of what made that generation so great. Developers were free to make such quirky titles without worrying if the studio would shut down if it didn't sell a billion copies.

Platinum was pretty decent as well. It required a couple of playthroughs, get all the collectibles (little annoying), and get under certain times for all the stages.

Definitely one I'd play again and so I've stuck it in my Double Platinum folder. :D

• Like 1

Another PS+ Classic/TimeSplitters game done and dusted.

GX_dzCTXAAA_mGJ?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, this is a massive step up from the original game. It actually has a proper campaign with a story but it also keeps the challenge mode from the original. Some of the challenges mimic the play style of the original game, meaning that you grab the item and then head back through the level.

One thing I did notice when playing it was just how many unlockables you get by just playing the game and completing challenges. Remember when those were a thing? Had the Timesplitters remake/reboot made it off the ground, I imagine it would have been riddled with microtrasactions.

• Like 2

The trilogy is complete.

GYL7gocXoAA-I8Q?format=jpg&name=large

What a fantastic set of games! Playing them all in quick succession really highlighted how the games evolved. The first game was the template, the second an evolution and the third a refinement. 

The amount of content in the first and second games is staggering. Story mode, arcade mode and challenges will keep a player busy. The story mode is pretty good in the second game but they take it even further in the third and make an absolutely awesome campaign. One of the stages is very Perfect Dark. Very fitting. Also, some of the challenge stages are hilarious. I had one where I had to fend off a horde of shotgun toting zombie chimps. :D

Trophies were a little more difficult this time around. I had to get at least a gold ranking on every challenge and arcade level and also complete a couple of story levels at the highest difficulty to unlock all the characters.

As much as I adored playing these games, it was also a sad reminder of just how far the industry has fallen. As I mentioned earlier, a game like this probably wouldn't exist today without the players being nickle and dimed for the extra characters. It would probably launch with a story mode and then you'd be charged extra for the others. Sad times and a very fitting platinum trophy title.

• Like 2

Pretty fantastic update on PS+ during the State of Play. 

Monthly games are Doki Doki Literature Club, Dead Space remake, and WWE 2K24! 

Dino Crisis and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain coming this year as Classics. 

And The Last of Us Part I this Thursday for Outbreak Day. 

Part I is a very easy Plat for anyone who can stomach another run through the game, by the way, especially with some smart use of Game Help and trophy tracking, as there aren't any difficulty-related trophies :peace:

You know, besides the difficulty of sight, because all of the damn onions people start randomly chopping when you play the game :p

Edited by Julius