N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Julius

Thanks for the games.

I'm not sure what happened to the Discord chat at the end of Four Swords there, I couldn't hear anyone, I left, rejoined, logeed out and back in, pretty sure it wasn't on my end but anyway, some good races on F-Zero Maximum Velocity there as well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Last place was utterly deserved after the shambolic thuggery by @Glen-i here :laughing:

I... I have no defense.
There was absolutely no justification for that. No greedy excuse, not even a typical Four Swords accident. It didn't look that blatant in the moment, I swear!

• Haha 3

Not quite ready for a dramatic completion post just yet, but I’m now finally making some good progress through Perfect Agent.  Has taken a good while, but I’m nearly there now!

And hey! I do have a completion boast to boast about… because I have just beaten 7:27 on Deep Sea Perfect Agent and have unlocked the Farsight cheat… which means that I have now officially unlocked every single cheat in the game! :D

Will have to go back to work for the next couple of days, so I wont be able to post much more progress for a few more days still, but the time is coming soon where I will officially be able to say that I have clocked the single player mode of Perfect Dark on NSO!

• Thanks 2

So I’m now up to Attack Ship on Perfect Agent and… uhm…

RcA5mwm_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

… yeah… this is an endless nightmare…

Edit:  SOMETIMES VENTING WORKS!!!!

gjmAVO3_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Just one more main mission to go!!! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

IT IS DONE!!!!

2rj28Bq.jpeg

n5SO6mp.jpeg

giphy.gif

That is now officially everything unlocked in single player mode! :D

It won't be true 100% completion until I've beaten the Special Assignments, beaten every stage/difficulty in co-op and beaten every Combat Simulator challenge in 1/2/3/4 player, but as far as single player unlocks are concerned? We are done:bouncy:

Oh? And just in case you're wondering...

GkNcHAK.jpeg

No save states used.  Done 100% legit! :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Those special assignments seem tougher, especially on anything that’s not Agent. I still havent been able to do WAR! On Special Agent done all the others just not that one. 

Idk be up for doing the Coop mode with you, at least you won’t go round pressing the big red alarm buttons like someone else we both know :hehe:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Ok, Glen just managed to get seven stars in SM64 in the time it took you two to join… don’t make it eight!

It was eight.

Very bizarre Perfect Darking tonight.

In the three player matches, @Dcubed was top left, @BowserBasher was top right, @S.C.G was bottom left.
Once I joined, I took top left, and booted Dcubed to bottom right.

• Haha 3

Got a free slot for four player NSO shenanigans tonight at 8:30pm if anyone wants in.
Also, feel free to suggest games you want to play.

Anyway, I have to share my latest "Tale of Woe".

I've been playing through Fire Emblem. Slowly. But I have been playing it. The thing is, I'm not a huge fan of Fire Emblem games where the amount of experience you can get is limited, because I feel like if I ended up investing into a character who turns out not to be too great, then it feels wasteful.

I know the series as a whole is designed around being flexible with how you handle the game, but my mind doesn't think like that. Efficiency. That's how I play. Marcus and his spongey EXP tendencies can shove it. Anyway, I've done research on which characters to invest in, and I'm studiously employing save states and the rewind feature of NSO (Because if you're gonna force permadeath on me, I'm gonna cheat as much as I can).

And then Nino showed up.

For the sake of information, Nino is a character of the "Est" archetype. They're the character who joins your army at a lower level than you'd expect, but if you put the effort into training them up, can become absolute powerhouses. My kind of unit! But with no grinding possible in this game, that's difficult. Also, Nino joins extremely late! Chapter 26 is no place for a level 5 Mage!

Nino 55 50 55 60 45 15 50

That's Nino's growth rate (It's a percentage, so she has a mostly 1 in 2 chance of any stat going up, except Defense), so I guess I'll put the effort in... Chapter 26 isn't a great place to feed her EXP, so 26x will have to do.

26xe.png

I've spent three hours on this map...

The first attempt ended in disaster when Lyn got berserked and went on to punch Nino in the face. She didn't take it well. My bad for not bringing a Restore staff.

It's the second attempt that was heartbreaking. It was going well, I funneled enemies through the one tile bridge with Lyn as bait, letting Nino slowly pick everyone off from behind her, making sure not to get in range of that berserk user (Restore staff makes this unneccessary, but still). Nino got to level 20, I managed to send Florina to pick off the thieves as they arrived, and it was time to clear up.

Except I forgot to bring lockpicks with me...

No bigs, I can just go to Merlinus and...
Wait, where's Merlinus? I've deployed him in every chapter, why isn't he here?
Well, it turns out this is the one chapter where you can't bring Merlinus.

I hate this game... Sacred Stones is so much better, add that to NSO, Nintendo.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...