NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Final Fantasy XVI (22nd June 2023)

I'll save more complete thoughts for once I've completed it, but this genuinely could be in with a shout at being my personal GOTY over Tears of the Kingdom. I'm about halfway through (I love that there's an accurate % completion for the main story available from the PS5 home screen! Not to mention the changing backgrounds!). 

I'm just going to say it: I loved Ragnarök last year, but what God of War has lacked in epicness since its reboot, Final Fantasy XVI is carrying the torch on. The music. The boss fights. The story. The gorgeously animated pre-rendered cutscenes, which at times are interspersed between in-engine cutscenes! It's the new definition of a game being considered "epic" for me, it's crazy what they've done. I'm digging into as much lore as I can (as mentioned before, ATL needs to now become an industry standard in lore-heavy story-based games), and the combat is just incredible, this might be my favourite action JRPG, and that's even considering NieR Automata, which I loved for its combat (I mean, Platinum doing Platinum things I suppose!). 

Totally agree with you @Choze, I think the XIV/MMO inspiration is super on the nose here – and there's no real reason it shouldn't be, it's generally very good when you notice the carryover. I felt like Xenoblade Chronicles was very MMO-like as well, and so things line zones, a main hub, the way levels are laid out, heck even going so far as some of telegraphing attacks in a similar way in some boss battles with how the floor lights up! All works. Only thing that's not working for me so far in this regard, and where the game definitely also feels like an MMO, is in most of its side quests. I've heard that they get better towards the end, but they're very fetch-questy as things stand, so again, basically Xenoblade. 

Only other real negative I have is just the Performance Mode still not being fixed (it's a really solid 60 fps in combat, but in combat only, weirdly, which is very jarring, and it makes the world look like mush) and not having that motion blur toggle out, so I've been playing in Quality Mode to at least not get that queezy feeling every time I play. 

I'm sure there's going to be conversation about diversity and the handling of a core element of the story (Bearers). Look, I'm mixed race, and I'm all for inclusion, but I don't think every single story/game/whatever NEEDS representation. It's awesome when it happens naturally, but I'm so tired of it being considered a need; look, it's a fantasy-based game made by Japanese devs who aren't necessarily going to be as exposed to different cultures in the same way the West are, and heck, I don't think I've seen any Asians in this game so far in the same way I haven't seen any dark-skinned black people (jury's out on the people of Dhalmek I guess). I also think, just considering how the Bearers are presented in this game, that would've been a very slippery slope to navigate.

I've also read that the writer of this story, who did A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, maybe wasn't the best writer on XIV either when it came to his treatment of some characters? So I don't know how this game goes, but if we end up with a sequel/spin-off/XVII being worked on by CBU III again, would be really curious to see what the more trusted writers from that team can do (to be clear: I've loved this story so far, I guess I'm talking more to the potential of an even greater story). And look, I don't know how this game ends, so unless the game ends with the entire world blowing up? I could see this getting a sequel. The combat and lore is simply too good and rich to be tossed aside. I'd love more. I know I'm going to want more when it's over. 

Anyways: it's still the horniest FF. It's still on track to be my favourite FF soundtrack, or definitely up there. It's probably going to end up being considered the best modern FF, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of my favourites when all is said and done. 

It's so good it's making me seriously consider picking up and getting into XIV after I finish it. I'm not joking. It's. Just. That. Good! 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

The game has shipped and digitally sold 3 million copies! 

Excellent initial figures for a third party exclusive I feel, and I'm sure that demo and a likely decreasing price in the coming months is going to shore it up with more sales. It being a standalone title compared to VII Remake makes me also think it's in a good position to continue to onboard newcomers, as myself and others will surely be pointing at XVI when people ask how to get into the series (with a modern entry)! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I’m sorry to bring you down @Julius, but that’s actually a big decline for the mainline series…

For reference

FF15 (1 day): 5.0M units
FF7R (3 days): 3.5M units
FF16 (6 or 7 days?): 3.0M units

Worth noting that it took around 5 years for FF15 to sell another 5 million (and that was at bargain basement prices on multiple platforms), so don’t expect good legs for FF16 either.

This is not a good result.

Edited by Dcubed

59 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I’m sorry to bring you down @Julius, but that’s actually a big decline for the mainline series…

For reference

Worth noting that it took around 5 years for FF15 to sell another 5 million (and that was at bargain basement prices on multiple platforms), so don’t expect good legs for FF16 either.

Yeah, I'm going to disagree, because I think there's a lot of context being missed here – I do think it's a very good result. 

Final Fantasy VII Remake sold 3.5 million copies on an install base of 110+ million consoles in 3 days, and that's with arguably the most hype and marketing going into an FF, just due to its nature as a remake of the best-selling game in the series. By contrast, XV had been around F O R E V E R.

XVI did 3 million in (less than a week? Both are going to be heavily frontloaded so I don't think it matters if it's a week or over a weekend for either, VII Remake took another 4 months after release to work its way up 1.5 million units to 5 million units sold) on a console which had just over 38 million units sold per their last shareholder's meeting

That's roughly an install rate of 3.1% for VII Remake on PS4 at launch compared with 7.9% for XVI on PS5 at launch. That's more than double. That seems very good to me. 

I think the better comparison is XV as a unique new entry (I mean, besides all its baggage, which I'll come back to), which sold 5 million copies in November 2016 at opening on a console which was at 43.5 million units sold in June 2016 and 53.4 million units sold by January 2017 (can't find a figure in-between to split the difference, unfortunately). Now I appreciate holiday sales in a calendar Q4 typically dwarf Q3, so let's say that of the 10 million sold between June 2016 and January 2017, roughly 70% were sold at Christmas – so an additional 3 million units by the time of XV's launch. That's an install rate of 10.8% if we say roughly 46.5 million units were in the wild at that point - and from that perspective I think it could be said that XVI hasn't quite performed as well. BUT! That's also across Xbox. XVI is exclusive. Now I don't think it makes an insane difference (I'd guess Xbox were probably 500k to 1 million of those sales at launch, at best), but it is worth mentioning. 

As for its legs, XVI has reviewed much better than XV did, hasn't been set up with loosey goosey promises of DLC in mind from launch, and doesn't have all of the baggage that XV comes with in terms of supplementary material which could easily put off newcomers (it's one of the reasons I've been able to put if off for so long). I'm not saying XVI will surpass XV in sales as a fact, but XVI has the benefit of word of mouth, better reviews, and an absolutely excellent demo to hook people in. It's also launched in one of the busiest Junes in gaming in recent memory (we've had Jedi Survivor, Tears of the Kingdom, Diablo IV and Street Fighter 6 all release in a 2 month timeframe), and across those games, I'd wager there's an overlap in interest in XVI. Heck, I don't even think @drahkon has dug in yet because he's busy living Diablo IV (no rush by the way, of course!), and I know that's at least one more person who will play the game. It's just such a (surprisingly) busy period for games right now, we've had 4 games that'll shown up as genuine GOTY nominees at the end of the year release in an 8 week window. But, releasing in June gives them all time (well, besides Zelda) to reduce in price pretty noticeably by the holiday sales period - not to mention deals like on Black Friday - so I think it's well positioned as things stand. And it'll very likely get a decent-to-good PC port, given how CBU III function, which we at least know is on the way. 

I don't think these numbers are setting the world alight, but these aren't numbers to scoff at in the slightest, or cause for concern either. It has a higher attach rate than VII Remake did at its launch, which is insane. Really insane. I don't think it makes these numbers without the demo, honestly.

Anyways, most other big third party companies would kill to have a 3+ million opening week, which S-E seem to have all but guaranteed for their AAA Final Fantasy launches as of late. I feel like judgement here is easily clouded by first party figures from Nintendo and PlayStation. 

I do genuinely wonder if part of this is a communication issue - they've tried in their marketing to say that this is a standalone adventure, but being the 16th entry, anecdotally, I've found it just hasn't worked. I've talked to my own friends about FF in the past (I'm the only one in my group who has a varied palette when it comes to games, and especially JRPGs) and made it crystal clear that the mainline games are standalone unless there's a reason to think otherwise in the title (like with X-2), and I still had to explain - after getting one of them to try (and fall in love with) the demo - to another friend that they should try the demo, and he thought it was the 16th game in a continuous series rather than a standalone. So I had to explain it again, having done so before. I seriously think the numbers and the name being around for so long might be putting some people off. 

Anyways, closing statement: if I remember right, XV is at over 10 million copies sold in total, or was at some point last year. I wouldn't be totally shocked if XVI gets close to that when all is said and done. At the very least, from what I've played so far, I think it would deserve it. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I’m sorry to bring you down [mention=20895]Julius[/mention], but that’s actually a big decline for the mainline series…For reference… 

FF15 (1 day): 5.0M units FF7R (3 days): 3.5M unitsFF16 (6 or 7 days?): 3.0M units

Worth noting that it took around 5 years for FF15 to sell another 5 million (and that was at bargain basement prices on multiple platforms), so don’t expect good legs for FF16 either. This is not a good result.
FF15 was released on Xbox too, while FF7 is arguably the most popular/revered FF game of them all. FFXVI also was only sold on PS5 with a much smaller install base than the other games.

Those are not valid comparisons, and I'm pretty sure you knew that.

On 6/21/2023 at 11:09 PM, Julius said:

All of the art I've seen so far for XVI has been beautiful, and I honestly think it's some of the nicest we've seen for modern FF. Will absolutely buy an art book if/when one arrives. 

Welp, there it is. My wallet! 

(jk I'm excited as all heck for this :bouncy:)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sheikah said:

FF15 was released on Xbox too, while FF7 is arguably the most popular/revered FF game of them all. FFXVI also was only sold on PS5 with a much smaller install base than the other games.

Those are not valid comparisons, and I'm pretty sure you knew that.

A brand new mainline game should not be getting outsold by a remake, end of.

Also FF16 being unavailable on rival platforms is not FF15’s problem.  Install base doesn’t scale linearly anyway; there’s like 45+ million PS5s out there now, plenty big to accommodate larger sales than what we’re seeing here (and indeed we’ve seen the likes of GOW Ragnarok pull off much bigger numbers on PS5).

No matter how you slice it and how many excuses you make, this is decline and significant decline at that.  And with dev costs only continuing to spiral higher? It’s an even more disappointing result.

The genre shift did not do FF16 any sales favours.

Edited by Dcubed

A brand new mainline game should not be getting outsold by a remake, end of.

Ah, so you're going to argue the remake angle.

Never mind that FF7 remake is hardly a remake at all, never mind that FF7 is the most popular game in the series by a country mile and people had been crying out for the remake, and never mind the colossal difference in PS4 versus PS5 install base at the time of game release (with PS4 being much cheaper to pick up at the time too, for people who wanted to buy the console to play the game).

Also FF16 being unavailable on rival platforms is not FF15’s problem. Install base doesn’t scale linearly anyway; there’s like 45+ million PS5s out there now, plenty big to accommodate larger sales.

It's quite strange on your part though, don't you think. Comparing a multiplatform game sales to a game released on a single platform. I thought it was daft, anyway.

No matter how you slice it and how many excuses you make, this is decline and significant decline at that.  And with dev costs only continuing to spiral higher? It’s an even more disappointing result.

The genre shift did not do FF16 any sales favours.

I'm sorry, but your take here completely misses the mark. Eurogamer had an article on this earlier today and made pretty much the same points and came to the same conclusion as me. FF16 sales are impressive, there's no doubt about it. Don't forget as well that Square-Enix have agreed a deal with Sony for PS5 exclusivity. By that reckoning, they don't need to sell as many copies as they would have if it was console multiplatform, as they received Sony's money.

On 28/06/2023 at 5:10 PM, Julius said:

Welp, there it is. My wallet! 

(jk I'm excited as all heck for this :bouncy:)

2024 is too far off! Also where is the soundtrack?!!!

Sales seem good enough. Its on par with several well liked Sony 1st party(not an expert on JP sales). I think it will have good word of mouth as its genuinely good. The story and character moments are also great. I expect lots of combat 'build' and loot experimentation too.

Sets some new high standards for Japanese developers in many ways. They can easily patch in extras and mini games (fishing, chocobo stuff) if they wish. I'll write up a critique soon but my take is quite similar to Julius as a non FF fan.

Edited by Choze
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Choze said:

Also where is the soundtrack?!!!

Physical or digital? 

Digital, I have no idea. Square Enix have started to improve somewhat when it comes to releasing their OSTs digitally, but I still think VII Remake and XIV expansions took a good while before seeing their OSTs made available. 

As for physical...

...I believe it releases next month (well, this month now! How is it already July?!)

I've got myself down for the Ultimate Edition :bouncy: also considering picking up the Torgal plush (the pup, not the big boy, because...money? And also size. Probably. Yeah let's say that), no idea what I'd do with a plush buuuuuuuut idk, it's calling to me :laughing:

I think it will have good word of mouth as its genuinely good. The story and character moments are also great. I expect lots of combat 'build' and loot experimentation too.

I've not made any progress since my last post (I will this weekend though, I swear!!) but, honestly, it feels like a really solid foundation for more. Whether that's in the form of some DLC or a sequel, I'm not sure, but I remember Yoshi-P in the past saying he'll judge the game's success after 18 months, not it's first weekend, so...fingers crossed? 

I'll write up a critique soon but my take is quite similar to Julius as a non FF fan.

Look forward to reading your thoughts :peace:

*goes back to Valisthea*

• Like 1

I've done zero looking into this, because I feel you guys can answer/expand it better than a finished review.

My last recent Final Fantasy was XIII, which we all know sucked balls with its corridor action and bland-ish story/combat (I didn't get very far). Does this return more to the open world exploration stylie?

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've done zero looking into this, because I feel you guys can answer/expand it better than a finished review.

My last recent Final Fantasy was XIII, which we all know sucked balls with its corridor action and bland-ish story/combat (I didn't get very far). Does this return more to the open world exploration stylie?

Kind of? It's certainly not an open world in the same way that XV was, or how games like Zelda BotW/TotK, Ghost of Tsushima, Skyrim, etc., are, but it's also not linear in the way XIII was (from my understanding of the game from documentary-style videos and just general chit chat about it). 

There are certain linear sections earlier on to ease you into the game's flow or to lead into key story beats, but I think it's most comparable to something like Dragon Quest XI, and would describe both as having wider zones rather than an open world (XV)/zone (something like Xenoblade) structure. There is a world map to access locations from, with local maps clearly defined in their borders, with some key landmarks peppered into a zone, and oftentimes open stretches to challenge the local fauna in. For reference –

Dragon Quest XI (world/local maps):

Dqxi_07-03.jpg

Dragon-Quest-XI-Sniflheim-Region-2-2-min

Final Fantasy XVI (world/local maps): 

FINAL_FANTASY_XVI_20230614174715.jpg

The_white_winged_wonder_location.png

Hope that helps :peace: there's a demo available (with save transfer to the full game) which is roughly 2 hours long and I think gives a great taste of the game, would definitely recommend checking it out for yourself if you get the chance! 

On 6/28/2023 at 4:11 PM, Julius said:

Heck, I don't even think @drahkon has dug in yet because he's busy living Diablo IV

That is correct :p
And it won't change anytime soon...

• Haha 1

I am past some key moments (Titan) and the game is quite over the top with the boss battles! Need to play more.

We got patches baby, and you know what that means? Finally? MOTION BLUR OPTIONS WOO LET'S GO

3 hours ago, Choze said:

I am past some key moments (Titan) and the game is quite over the top with the boss battles! Need to play more.

Around the same area, hoping to finish the game by Friday before I fly out on Saturday...please pray for me (and my burning eyes lmao)

The boss fights are honestly the most outrageously pure fun boss fights I've experienced in a good while. From Software bosses are the gold standard of what I would consider a fair, head-to-head boss fight, but this really takes the cake when it comes to pure anime-esque hype and spectacle. I've said it before, but it needs to be said again: I think the boss fights blow everything else out of the water when it comes to pure scale and spectacle, delivering in a way I think some were hoping Ragnarök would (and did at times! But maybe not quite this consistently)

Anyways, got a fair bit of game to go...so back to it! 

• Haha 1

An EP, featuring five tracks from the game (including the previously released Find the Flame) has dropped on major streaming platforms ahead of the full OST release on 19th July:

Soundtrack hype :bouncy: it's so good! :D

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry to bring you down [mention=20895]Julius[/mention], but that’s actually a big decline for the mainline series…

For reference

Just to come back to this...posted on Eurogamer today:

(Square Enix): "With 38m PS5 consoles shipped globally (as of March 31, 2023), sales of Final Fantasy 16 surpassed 3m units worldwide several days after its release on June 22, 2023," said Square Enix.

"Taking into consideration the sales figures of the acclaimed Final Fantasy 7 Remake and the difference in size of the install base of the PlayStation 4 at the time of this title's release, we can see that the attach rate of Final Fantasy 16 is considerably high, given the PS5 install base.

"Square Enix considers the initial sales results of Final Fantasy 16 to be extremely strong, and we will continue to carry out a wide range of initiatives to encourage even more people to play the game."

Square-Enix, who are famously always disappointed with sales performance, are happy here, giving all the reasons we told you why they were good sales.

Edited by Sheikah

3 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Just to come back to this...posted on Eurogamer today:

Square-Enix, who are famously always disappointed with sales performance, are happy here, giving all the reasons we told you why they were good sales.

It’s PR spin, and you’re falling for it.

S-E have a vested interest in making their core business look healthier than it really is, and in puffing up their big new flagship game to make it look popular and appealing to the public.  Of course they’re going to say that their sales are “good”, despite being a huge drop from its predecessors.

Unless you really think that S-E are happy with spending more than FF15 to achieve less than half of its sales…

To put things in perspective…

Famitsu Sales: Week 29, 2023 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)
04./02. [PS5] Final Fantasy XVI # <RPG> (Square EnixPlatinumGames) {2023.06.22} (¥9.000) - 8.573 / 396.472 (-39%)

Famitsu Sales: Week 11, 2013 (Mar 11 - Mar 17)
14./11. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 8.484 / 420.069 (-54%)

FF16 is getting bitch slapped by Metal Gear Rising in Japan.  Meanwhile, FF16 is also on track to become the single worst selling mainline FF of all time in Japan, and the west isn’t picking up the slack.  Let that reality sink in…

Edited by Dcubed

46 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Of course they’re going to say that their sales are “good”, despite being a huge drop from its predecessors.

Of course they're going to say that... apart from the many times they have said they're disappointed with sales? That doesn't make any sense, does it? :p

You can't expect the game to sell as well as titles sold multiplatform or on systems with many more millions of consoles out there. They're right - the attach rate is really good. And remember that they've been paid off for it being exclusive, so that will have offset the cost of lost sales from it being exclusive.

Edited by Sheikah

Finally got back to this after a long time away (holiday, woooooop). 

Beat a boss this evening which might just be the most absurdly insane spectacle of a boss fight showpiece...and I've still good a decent chunk of the game to go according to the % story completion on the game's hub. 

Now, this game is far from flawless. I get some of the criticisms, from it's - at best - confusing handling of racial diversity (I've seen a lot made of their being few, if any, black characters, but this also seemingly extends to characters too?); to the lack of RPG-ness (very little depth in terms of choice beyond choosing three Eikon movesets to apply, made worse by the missing elemental weaknesses and status effects which are genre staples); or just some of the jank you'd expect to run into breaking the immersion (like a chocobo clearly jumping higher than the surface of a rock, but not being able to jump up onto it, despite it not being beyond a boundary line). 

But this game is absolutely and undeniably untouchable in the sheer thrill of the action in - and glorious presentation of - its boss fights, and the accompanying music only fans the flames of what I'm going to say next further: this is the most outright, video gamey fun I've had with bosses in a video game in a long time, quite possibly ever. Any other game which wants to be considered epic and of a grand scale in its showpieces and boss fights (in the fantastical sense) need to be looking at XVI for inspiration. 

I'm absolutely adoring this game. 

Edited by Julius

This could be my GOTY. 

After 55+ hours, credits are finally rolling for me on Final Fantasy XVI. There's a bit left to do on this first playthrough to get it to 100% before I dive into NG+ and take aim at the Platinum, but this game has left me pretty much stunned. 

The music. The boss battles. The combat. The characters. Their interactions. The world. It's lore. It's scale. Did I mention the music already?

It's not without its flaws, and I'll get to those in due time, but for now: what a game, and what an achievement. It's the most beautiful summer blockbuster of a game I've ever played through. 

I wait on baited breath to see what Creative Business Unit III could do with its potential DLC, and perhaps more exciting, the lessons they'll learn from this game with eyes set on hopefully taking the reins on XVII. 

I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up on Final Fantasy, but this matches and perhaps even surpasses some of the most epic moments in the Final Fantasy games I have played through, all played out as a visual feast for the eyes and a plentiful earful for the soul. I'll give it some time so as to not get totally lost in my own excitement, but this could well be my favourite Final Fantasy, and perhaps even more telling for me, my favourite Final Fantasy soundtrack that I've experienced so far. 

One last time, and seriously: I think this is going to end up my GOTY. I will be shocked if I love a game released in 2023 - from top to bottom, beginning to end, first minute to the last - more than I have this. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Ok despite saying I needed to get back into Baldur's Gate 3 I couldn't help getting FFXVI when I saw it was this week's deal of the week on PSN. That discount along with a cheaper PSN card from ShopTo meant it was finally a reasonable price.

And thus our journey ends...Platinum retrieved! 

F5BAoNVWEAA4Z4o?format=jpg&name=large

Throwing save clears in a spoiler tag as they show the order of key boss fights:

Spoiler

F5BAoYTWQAANhck?format=jpg&name=large

Love seeing it go from a ribbon for the demo clear, to a silver trophy for the standard clear, then to a gold trophy for the NG+/Final Fantasy clear :D shame it doesn't list playtime for each, though! 

My initial playthrough was around 55 hours long, doing everything I possibly could, and then it took another 3 hours to clear everything I wanted to there in terms of the tomes, trials, and combat-related trophies.

For my NG+/Final Fantasy playthrough I completed only one quest to help speed things up a little, and otherwise just crit pathed, skipping the majority of cutscenes and destroying most bosses at the first attempt, and also had to do about an hour of grinding for AP to complete my collection of all of the Eikon skills, all of which took 21 hours according to the PS5's timer. 

So just under 80 hours in total, taking things at a casual pace in my first playthrough and charging through the second. And it was worth absolutely every penny :D

Final Fantasy Mode/second playthrough thoughts: no real changes in opinion on the game following my second playthrough, though skipping cutscenes did highlight just how many there are, I think the worst it got was skipping through 7 cutscenes in a row towards the end of the game, and there were quite a few instance of there being 4 or 5 in a row throughout.

I weirdly came across way more slowdown during this second playthrough, I'm not sure if that's because of the mixed up enemy composition meaning some with attacks with more/heavier particle effects ended up in more demanding spots, but it was very odd considering my first playthrough was practically flawless from a performance perspective. The mixed up enemy composition in FF Mode is fun, but everything just becomes a sponge, and it's not really fun having even the smallest of enemy encounters stretched out just because.

Mandatory grinding for AP kind of blows and it's the least fun grind I've completed since Yakuza 6, and apparently even if you 100% in both your first and Final Fantasy playthroughs (so, including quests, hunts, etc.), you'll still end up with needing to grind things out a bit.

The lack of variety in the game just in terms of not having any mini-games does feel like the biggest missed opportunity in the game, while it's heavier most of the time, if VII Remake can have mini-games, then I feel XVI should too - especially considering just how much CBU III put into them in XIV!

To end on a positive note, though: despite skipping 90%+ of cutscenes the second time around, the ending still hit like a ton of bricks, and my favourite boss fights were still absolutely brilliant. 

Also just want to pop down a guide or two that I used to make the grind for AP that much easier for anyone else who plays and guns for the Plat:

Spoiler

Basically: hyenas + AoE Eikon skills + the best version of Wages of Warcraft you can get your hands on + teleport to checkpoint + save and reload to restore skills > hyenas + AoE...and so on. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it one last time: absolutely adored my time with XVI, it's definitely in the GOTY conversation for me, and I'm looking forward to hearing about other peoples' journeys in Valisthea! :peace:

Edited by Julius

I’m about 10 hours in so far and really enjoying it. I was kind of expecting a much more grounded FF game but it sure can get epic at times. Starting to give me Witcher vibes at the moment now that the side quests are starting to feel a bit more important to the world building with the branded. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this