NEurope
Galvanizer

CAPCOM have responded to our "Okami 4 GameCube" Petition

I e-mailed them 3 days ago and I have just checked inbox and they have replied to my e-mail.

Here is what they had to say about Okami for GameCube:

I am sorry to disappoint you, but Okami is currently planned as a PS2 game only. There are no plans at present to port it to any other consoles.

Best regards,

Capcom

I purposely highlighted "present" as it could mean that although it doesn't come to GameCube it may come to Revolution.

A big thank you to everyone who has signed. Keep signing as now they know the petition exists they will pay more attention to it and consider even more a GameCube/ Revolution version. :)

Go here to view/sign petition:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Okami4GameCube

SPREAD THE WORD!

So you got a reply confirming definately that your events are in vain and Okami won't be on any other console, but you still continue your hopeless petition.

They just say that to keep your hopes up and if they so 'No' it will make them sound bad ,they wanna keep their respect and fans also so people wont email asking 'why oh why wont you make for the gamecube'

I gotta say. For Ninty fans all you guys are REAL negative.

It could happen. If not on GameCube, then on Revolution. You really don't know how close Clover Studio and Nintendo are do any of you?

Let me answer that. NO.

I gotta say. For Ninty fans all you guys are REAL negative.

It could happen. If not on GameCube, then on Revolution. You really don't know how close Clover Studio and Nintendo are do any of you?

Let me answer that. NO.

It could be possible for it to come out IF the Rev sells well,just don't base your thoughts and speculation all on that 'present'

The closest thing to Okami you'll be getting on a Nintendo console anytime soon is the wolf stuff in Twilight Princess.

Online petitions never work, with a paper petition you have a slightly bigger chance but its still unlikly.

You really don't know how close Clover Studio and Nintendo are do any of you?

I'm sorry, but do you?

A Gamecube version is impossible at this point in time, but a Revolution one isn't...

Big Tac said on the matter that they were infact evaluating it and might happen, still don't get your hopes up, it all depends on a final decision that hasn't be made yet.

It can depend on matters like how well (or how bad) it sells on the PS2.

An original exciting game?

It'll sell poorly.

I believe it'll sell poorly, but it would also sell like that on gamecube at the moment, the console is in it's last days... if okami was released at the time viewtiful joe and other were... gamecube would really be the platform for it...

PS2 will probably ignore the game for diferent reasons though, because they still have a big userbade till PS3 comes.

I hope it comes out on revolution though, capcom should know that nintendo fans are the type to really buy this game, hence I sign all the petitions, to create momentum, I don't really want okami in a gamecube version when I could have a revo one, though.

I still don't think it will hit the gamecube, that system is slowing dying now. Maybe the sequel will hit the Rev at some point. :)

Seriously it ain't coming....

And you'd have thought the sucess of Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 over their PS2 counterparts would beat sense into Capcom's head, oh well... when it bombs, maybe they'll learn how to target a product to the right audience.

Looks automated for me, every company i've emailed asking something, they always say that. Sorry to dissapoint you.

"We're sorry, but even though we stole all your exclusives, we won't be giving you anything back."

We have now reached 150 sigs! :yay:

I've edited the petition to include details of Capcom's reply. Keep posting. We have to show them we are serious about wanting this game for GameCube/ Revolution.

We have now reached 150 sigs! :yay:

I've edited the petition to include details of Capcom's reply. Keep posting. We have to show them we are serious about wanting this game for GameCube/ Revolution.

Instead of spending all that time on the petition you could just get a job and get a ps2 for like a weeks wages.

I already work.

I already have a PStwo (Satin Silver).

However I know this is a game that GC owners will enjoy.

I dont think anyones mentioned this, but in the French NOM theres an advert for this and it says its exclusive to GameCube. I think they even have a feature on it in the next article but I cant remember that much... they actually had a short preview on it in this issue...