NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Alucard never appears on Wii Fit Studio, because Vampires don't have reflections

I didn't know this but that pretty cool. Would have been cool to to have Alucard appear on that stage just so that he appears without the reflection.

Nice theme, guess picking random for character will be allowed then?

47 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I didn't know this but that pretty cool. Would have been cool to to have Alucard appear on that stage just so that he appears without the reflection.

Nice theme, guess picking random for character will be allowed then?

Yeah, random has no risk of picking a prohibited character this time, so random is fine.

It's likely because most reflections in games aren't true reflections. They're just another character model mimicking the original model. Probably easier to just not have Alucard show up.

He does actually appear on Fountain of Dreams. He even has a reflection there. But this is actually accurate to how Vampires are depicted, it's only in mirrors where they have no reflection.

The attention to detail this game has is always impressive.

Anyway, new page. So I'll repost the theme.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Right! Theme Time! Bit of a different tact, this one.

Pinball Pandemonium

600px-Pinball_Pandemonium.jpg

Inspired by the online Tourney of the same name, tonight, items will be incredibly limited. And mostly quite round.

Every character is allowed tonight.

Did you know that some items and Assist Trophies flat out don't appear on certain stages? The Bumper is the main culprit of this, due to how it works. The general rule is that if the stage travels, the Bumper will never spawn there.

Also, Alucard never appears on Wii Fit Studio, because Vampires don't have reflections. Yes, really, but that's not relevant to the theme.

F-FVTzjbcAAfaNa?format=jpg&name=large

Stages are relatively small so that the Bumper will have more of an impact. Also, no travelling stages for the reason I stated above.

F-FVTzqagAE14nl?format=jpg&name=large

The item frequency has been bumped up tonight, containers are there so more Bumpers can come into play. The Smash Ball is there because it's a floating ball. Chasing it should lead to Bumper related accidents, which is always funny.

Format - Time, 3 minutes

FS Meter - On

See you at 8pm! 7:30 for Custom Stage nonsense.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Great theme @Glen-i, made for a hilarious Smash session this week, absolutely side-splitting stuff. :laughing:

Will have to check the replay vid, but I think I may have pinched someone's final smash target as Ness in one battle. :D Oh, and my Nikki Mii getting KO'd during her final smash was another highlight. :heh:

Then there's what went down on the infinite custom stage, which was quite frankly... absurd. :bouncy:

Cheers everyone. :peace:

• Thanks 3

The side splitting stuff continued after you left too @RedShell Some hilarious moments later on in the evenings games. 

Great theme which seemed to even out a lot of the one sided characters that usually don't win matches. Loved the Perfectly Symmetrical violence start to the match between Captain Falcon and the two Ripley's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Loved the Perfectly Symmetrical violence start to the match between Captain Falcon and the two Ripley's

Wow, the Alien franchise has really gone off the rails, huh?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (04/11/2023)

- - - - -

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

Wow @BowserBasher, I help you out and that's how you repay me (1:23:07)?

I basically said the same thing to him on voice chat when that happened!

9 hours ago, Ike said:

Wow @BowserBasher, I help you out and that's how you repay me (1:23:07)?

But I was having so much fun bumping then you ruined it, or as you said, helped. :D
Ok. 1:29 for the perfectly symmetrical violence. And 1:32.50 (ish) for the impromptu tag match or Dr Mario vs Zero Suit Samus. 

Shame about that D/C just now, I was about to call it a day anyway so I won't bother to rejoin.

Enjoy the rest of the session and thanks for the games! :)

:peace:

Most of the time, I'm well haps when Random gives me Pichu.

...This was not one of those times.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Most of the time, I'm well haps when Random gives me Pichu.

...This was not one of those times.

came-to-the-wrong-hood-beat-up.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm sure you all realise by now that my counter game is... not the best here.

Well I know who you're getting in the secret Santa smash lol

• Haha 1

Right, it's a theme night tonight. But you lot already know that. You know where the relevant images are.

Except you, @BowserBasher, don't forget to respond to the PM.

005phb6.jpg

Spoiler
  • Battlefield
  • Small Battlefield
  • Big Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Skyworld
  • Hanenbow
  • Reset Bomb Forest
  • Balloon Fight
  • Living Room
  • Pictochat
  • Flat Zone X
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pilotwings
  • PAC-LAND
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Midgar
  • Moray Towers
  • Mementos
  • Spring Stadium
  • Minecraft World
  • Northern Cave
  • Mishima Dojo

The stages are from series that none of us picked a character from (And those that don't have characters to begin with). So even forgotten series like Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, and Minecraft, can be there in some way.

Items are the usual fare.

Format - 3 Stock, 10 minutes
FS Meter - On

7:30 for Custom Stages, 8pm for normal bouts.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the games! And for not stitching me up with characters that I can't use... for the most part. :heh: Seriously, I tip my hat to anyone who can use Rosalina & Luma proficiently, I simply cannot get my head around how they control. :laughing:

@Glen-i & @BowserBasher, hope you guys enjoyed the festive custom stage. :santa: I just threw that together in about 30 minutes earlier on today, but it turned out pretty well I reckon. :D

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

@Glen-i & @BowserBasher, hope you guys enjoyed the festive custom stage. :santa: I just threw that together in about 30 minutes earlier on today, but it turned out pretty well I reckon. :D

Legit said "Wow" when a new kind of present got introduced 3 minutes into the match!

Absolute wizardry!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (02/12/2023)

- - - - -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Cheers for the games! And for not stitching me up with characters that I can't use... for the most part. :heh: Seriously, I tip my hat to anyone who can use Rosalina & Luma proficiently, I simply cannot get my head around how they control. :laughing:

The fact that you made it in 30 minutes is something else. I echo @Ugh first aid comments over voice chat. How does he do it. Was a fun stage indeed. 
Great games too. With some close matches. My highlight was the two home run hits on @Ike in that one match. Sorry bout that. lol 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1