NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Classic Announced (3rd Dec 2018)

You couldn't make this stuff up.

What the hell is going on with this product and why in the blue hell aren't most of those games part of the final selection!?!?

• Haha 1

I’m going to give Sony at least the benefit of the doubt on this one and hope that this was supposed to be a big reveal later on that more games would be available for it.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You couldn't make this stuff up.

What the hell is going on with this product and why in the blue hell aren't most of those games part of the final selection!?!?

PR car crash.

They're just menu items, not the full games, which means Sony tested them on there but didn't release them.

51 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

PR car crash.

They're just menu items, not the full games, which means Sony tested them on there but didn't release them.

Yeah, either they couldn't get the license for some of these or they couldn't get them running smoothly. Either way, these files really should have been deleted. 

There are plenty of PlayStation Classic reviews I could have posted in here over the past few days, but I feel like this one is the most definitive. :D

I'll go as far to say that I've got more enjoyment out of watching video reviews of the machine than I ever would out of owning or playing the thing. :p

Yes, I wish that it could have been better, but the reality is that it isn't, which is a shame. ::shrug:

I'm just trying to make the best out of a bad situation, while Sony is making the worst use of open-source emulation. :peace:

Out of interest... has having the PlayStation Classic in the spotlight made anyone want to play certain PS1 games?

It's certainly made me appreciate the PS1 games which I do have and I feel like it won't be long before I decide to play a few. :smile:

Wow, people really are aching to wank themselves dry at every little thing huh?

Unused assets hidden away is so commonplace nowadays that's it's really a non story. Even if it wasn't, it makes literally no difference to the final product.

If anything, it shows that they at least tried to get more games on there.

Wow, people really are aching to wank themselves dry at every little thing huh?
Unused assets hidden away is so commonplace nowadays that's it's really a non story. Even if it wasn't, it makes literally no difference to the final product.
If anything, it shows that they at least tried to get more games on there.

It's too late, I've already reached the vinegar strokes!
  • Like 2

I see it's been hacked now. Apparently it was really easy to do as well. I think will become a better product for many if you are able to put other games on it.

Now it's been hacked (as Hero-of-Time) mentioned, it's going to be a better machine.  They shown off it was playing Doom upon it, now should be able ot play other PS classics now.

Now it's been hacked (as Hero-of-Time) mentioned, it's going to be a better machine.  They shown off it was playing Doom upon it, now should be able ot play other PS classics now.
But you couldn't play things like Ape Escape because it'll need dual analog sticks, right? If they managed to make one that's hackable with dual analogs, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this