NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - September 13th

As expected... RPG's everywhere. And how much time did they want to spend on Xenoblade and that Square Enix game? Literally nearly fell asleep. 

The 3DS showing held my interest way more! 

Turned off for Mario. Don't wanna ruin a thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

As expected... RPG's everywhere. And how much time did they want to spend on Xenoblade and that Square Enix game? Literally nearly fell asleep. 

The 3DS showing held my interest way more! 

Turned off for Mario. Don't wanna ruin a thing. 

I decided to watch Super Mario Odyssey as I'm just home and missed the rest of the Direct but it's easily going to be my game of the year.. I have no doubt :yay:

• Like 1

I really didn't want to see any more Mario, but it was impossible to look away! Xenoblade looks good but I think it might be too deep for me to get into. Doom and Wolfenstein is crazy, i've been interested in them for a while but feel like i'll definitely take the plunge with them now. A good direct overall, but that footage of Fifa looked really bad.

Apart from the overly long Xenoblade 2 section ( I don't think that game has had any decent showings at any show/Direct ) it was a solid Direct. My only disappointment was the lack of Platinum news.

There's a crazy amount of content arriving on the platform this year and early next year. It's also great to see some strong support by Bethesda. They really are going all in on the Switch.

I see PSO2 got announced for the Switch in Japan. Jammy gits! We are never getting that over here, are we? :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Hmm, I was a bit underwhelmed overall.  Lots of the games do look quite good, but I just didn't want to know that much about them.  Highlights for me:

• Etrian Odyssey V coming to Europe
  • Project Octopath Traveller
  • Dragon Quest Builders

Biggest disappoint was seeing the Arcade Archives teaser and it only being for Nintendo's very old coin-ops.  Hamster has games like Bad Dudes, Double Dragon and Bubble Bobble, which I'm far more eager for.

Super Mario Odyssey looks fantastic, and as over-the-top for a Mario as Breath of the Wild was for a Zelda.  I do wonder if it just has too many ideas in it, but we'll see.  I love the idea of going on an odyssey in a giant hat.

I was watching with the sound down, but did I hear correctly that Etrian Odyssey V is getting a demo?  Did anyone catch the date?

Would have liked to see another suprise, but it's good news in general. At least there's nothing new coming out soon I'll have to spend money on..

- Love the immediate Arms update, eventhough I don't own Arms (yet).
- Love the upcoming Splatoon update.
- Surprised they delayed Xenoblade to 01 December! :o
- Love the Octopath traveler demo in the E-shop soon! Although I'm not sure if I want to play it, as I'm getting the game regardless. I'm still downloading it though! :D
- Doom and Wolfenstein were genuine surprises. Not sure how I feel about that.. With multiplatform FPS games, I prefer the PC version, though I have neither of those (yet). I wonder if they have motion control, because I'd love to find out how well Switch motion controls work on FPS games compared to Wii controls. It really depends on the controls (motion or not) whether I'm interested in one of those.
- Didn't catch all of that moba game, could be interesting, but would need to see more.
- Oh, and the Snipperclips DLC I wanted! Cool! Getting that.

Edit:
- Oh, didn't watch Mario, but the red joy-cons look good.
- I want Professor Layton on Switch!
- Nintendo arcade games? Not really interested, except for Mario Bros.

Edited by Sméagol

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

6wPPz6I.png

Mario has 3D modeled nips...

Putting dat next gen POWAH to good use :laughing: 

So that's why the Direct was Pegi 18.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Grazza the demo is being released today/tonight.

Nice!  I can build my team before the full game's out.

Already downloading it! I was refreshing like crazy! :p

(other games slated for release today are becoming available as well. Mario Bros is also in the coming soon section).

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

So that's why the Direct was Pegi 18.

I thought it was because it was showing drug use. I mean, how else did King Dedede get so buff in that Kirby game? :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was mega disappointing to be honest - no starred valley, no release date for rocket league, loads on RPgs I don't care about. Great great news about doom and Wolfenstein though. I sort of expected more though, maybe a little more 3rd party, a Nintendo switch reveal, and OS update, Arms and Mario kart on the new app.... Is that too much? Clearly.

I mean, the switch has n amazing year, and maybe the feel they don't need to reveal too much yet as they're going to sell out anyway, save it for next year. 

Sign in to follow this