N-Europe

Nintendo Streaming Games At Gamescom

Hero-of-Time

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

In other news, Mario Odyssey has picked up both Game of the Show and Most Wanted Game awards.

Same as at E3. If all goes well I can easily see it competing with Breath of the Wild for most outlet's GOTY. That'll be a tough call!

45 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Same as at E3. If all goes well I can easily see it competing with Breath of the Wild for most outlet's GOTY. That'll be a tough call!

Not for me. Easiest choice ever. Now pit it up against Wonder Boy and that'll be a harder choice.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Not enough narrative and lore in Wonder Boy anyway ;)

So BOTW has as much narrative as a Master System game?

You're kidding, but the game starts during the final level of the second game. Deeper than you think.

37 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, it's been a good show overall.  Was hoping for a bit more in terms of surprises (and eShop sales) but it's been good overall :)

Indeed. My only disappointment has been the lack of info in regards to certain indie games but this may change during the up and coming PAX show.

Looking forward to seeing the couple of indie games on show tomorrow.

So I visited Gamescom yesterday since I could go there with my work. I only had about 3,5 hours on the floor itself, so me and some colleagues rushed past all the booths to get a general feel of the event. Huge stages from Blizzard, Square-Enix, Ubisoft and EA. Playstation focused mostly on PSVR, while Microsoft didn't let me see the XBox One X since it was invitational only.

Naturally I lingered a bit longer at the Nintendo booth! Last year Nintendo's stand was almost nonexistent so it was great to see they were there now with a big and busy stand. Unfortunately cues for the big titles such as Metroid, Mario Odyssey and FE Warriors were all 1+ hours, so I had no time to go hands-on. But I can give you some photo impressions of the booth!

Rabbids was a part of Ubisoft gigantic stand:
P_20170826_142902_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

And on the Nintendo stand Rabbids were also present:
P_20170826_132917_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

One-hour cue for Samus Returns. Take note Nintendo, Samus is still very popular, so hurry up with Prime 4!
P_20170826_132846_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

Lines for Fifa on Switch as well:
P_20170826_132607_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

Overall look of Ninty's hangout:
P_20170826_132832_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/924ckjjhlojnbz3/P_20170826_132923_vHDR_On.jpg?raw=1

Met the man himself!
20170826_1555298001.jpg?raw=1

• Like 5